• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla Top 25 week 8

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson gets no respect. Their best win is better or just as good as Stanfords and Boises. Auburn is a better win than both Toledo and UCLA, and Florida State is a better win than Nevada and Duke.

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're choosing to consider an 18 point loss a fluke while determining that our road loss on a deflected Hail Mary in a game where we had a kick and a punt blocked and had our running back miss 2+ drives wasn't a fluke? :confused2:

That's a lot of homer-spin to overcome a head-to-head loss.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a lot of homer-spin to overcome a head-to-head loss.

No, it isn't. The head to head thing is bullshit. To take a team that has looked better throughout the season (and don't even try to argue MSU has looked better; That's total bull shit), and demote them solely because they lost a road game is stupid. It's really fucking tough to beat good teams on the road. To rank teams based solely off of head to head assumes that all things were equal, when they notably weren't. I'm not saying seven games is a perfect sample to rank teams, but it's a hell of a lot better than one game, especially when that one game was a road loss on a Hail Mary.

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it isn't. The head to head thing is bullshit. To take a team that has looked better throughout the season (and don't even try to argue MSU has looked better; That's total bull shit), and demote them solely because they lost a road game is stupid. It's really fucking tough to beat good teams on the road. To rank teams based solely off of head to head assumes that all things were equal, when they notably weren't. I'm not saying seven games is a perfect sample to rank teams, but it's a hell of a lot better than one game, especially when that one game was a road loss on a Hail Mary.

That's a lot of homer-spin to justify a head-to-head loss.
If two teams are close enough to be next to each other in the rankings, the one who won the game between them should be on top. The ranking would be bullshit otherwise.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why, Wisconsin lost head-to-head and their only legitimate win is over Nebraska. Michigan State has a loss to Notre Dame, but three good wins (Wisconsin, Ohio State, and Michigan).

LOL @ Ohio State as a good win. A decent win, yes. A good win. No.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ Ohio State as a good win. A decent win, yes. A good win. No.

its legit, not great but not many ranked teams can say their third best win is against a team as good as Ohio State. Its a better win than Air Force, UCLA, ECU, Troy, Oregon State and Nevada.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its legit, not great but not many ranked teams can say their third best win is against a team as good as Ohio State. Its a better win than Air Force, UCLA, ECU, Troy, Oregon State and Nevada.

Like I said, it is a decent win. I just don't think it's a good win. I wouldn't really call wins over those other teams decent wins.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, it is a decent win. I just don't think it's a good win. I wouldn't really call wins over those other teams decent wins.

Im not calling them decent wins either. I was just trying to explain the only reason i thought the Ohio State win was "good", and i didnt mean great or anything like that, was because they are the third best win Michigan State has.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well time for another shakeup, should be fun