• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla Top 25 Week 4 2015

VFL1995

Vol For Eternity
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're full of shit, and now that I realize you didn't rank Alabama of all teams, it only goes to prove it.

Alabama has the best OOC win in college football, and it has played the hardest SoS in college football thus far. Maybe Michigan St can say something about the first part of that sentence, but that's about it.

The computers rank Alabama #4 as an average.

College Football Ranking Composite

There is no way in hell you can be looking at resumes and not rank Alabama at all.

It's just another example of you pushing extremes on teams to meet your final poll agenda.

I'm with 4D on this, Alabama is still a top 10 team and would beat over half the teams in the top 10

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're full of shit, and now that I realize you didn't rank Alabama of all teams, it only goes to prove it.

Alabama has the best OOC win in college football, and it has played the hardest SoS in college football thus far. Maybe Michigan St can say something about the first part of that sentence, but that's about it.

The computers rank Alabama #4 as an average.

College Football Ranking Composite

There is no way in hell you can be looking at resumes and not rank Alabama at all.

It's just another example of you pushing extremes on teams to meet your final poll agenda.

LOL! so I had it all wrong

should have ranked Wisconsin ahead of Oregon

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but that being said, Alabama should be ranked

I do like the controversial clean slate method though

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with 4D on this, Alabama is still a top 10 team and would beat over half the teams in the top 10

Hell I don't even care where people rank Alabama really. I kind of like Alabama not being hyped for a change. It's his agenda about the entire thing that pisses me off.

When you got a group of people doing something honestly and then someone does such a thing it really just blows my mind that someone could be such an asshole.

He's the kind of kid nobody wanted to play with growing up. I guess that's why he is such an attention seeker now.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so what rank would you say it is that makes it so horrible they don't have the best resume?

Or you could just admit you are full of shit and ranking teams for final poll influence rather than making a legitimate top25.
I have Bamas win over Wisky as the 3rd best ooc win so far BUT Bama has a home loss so that negates the merits of a neutral site win. It's really not personal 4D. Just the way I see their resume. Bama is a top 10 team. They just don't have a top 25 resume right now after week 3

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not a clean slate method.

24seven used a clean slate method when he voted and I always stuck up for him. Because that is what he was actually doing.

He's just calling it that as an excuse to rank teams for influence. A quick glance over his rankings reveal it to be BS. Some of the teams he has ranked have extremely low SoS played thus far and haven't been impressive at all.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They will be ranked soon enough. At some point good wins outweigh a loss. Just not 3 weeks in.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a clean slate method.

24seven used a clean slate method when he voted and I always stuck up for him. Because that is what he was actually doing.

He's just calling it that as an excuse to rank teams for influence. A quick glance over his rankings reveal it to be BS. Some of the teams he has ranked have extremely low SoS played thus far and haven't been impressive at all.
Nope. Every team I ranked is there for a reason. You're the one who ranked an unbeaten who has looked atrocious. MISSOURI.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say that Michigan State has the best OOC win considering it is against a perennial top 5-10 team while Wisconsin is a 10-20 team. There other OOC game was against a 6-6 conference USA team. Michigan State played a 10-3 Air Force and an 8-5 Western Michigan. If you want to give credit to Alabaka in a loss more power to you.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Every team I ranked is there for a reason. You're the one who ranked an unbeaten who has looked atrocious. MISSOURI.

Which is it? You are ranking teams based on how they look, or on their resume?

I have Bamas win over Wisky as the 3rd best ooc win so far BUT Bama has a home loss so that negates the merits of a neutral site win. It's really not personal 4D. Just the way I see their resume. Bama is a top 10 team. They just don't have a top 25 resume right now after week 3

Oh yeah, because your #19 Memphis team that has beaten FCS Missouri St, Kansas and their 3 point win over Bowling Green are better wins.

And Florida with their wins over New Mexico St, ECU and a 5 pt win over Kentucky is also better.

Yeah, those are better than Alabama's resume. Sure.

If it was just a matter of you leaving off Missouri and putting in 1 of those teams @ #25 it would be a different story. But that's not what you have done.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is it? You are ranking teams based on how they look, or on their resume?

Oh yeah, because your #19 Memphis team that has beaten FCS Missouri St, Kansas and their 3 point win over Bowling Green are better wins.

And Florida with their wins over New Mexico St, ECU and a 5 pt win over Kentucky is also better.

Yeah, those are better than Alabama's resume. Sure.

If it was just a matter of you leaving off Missouri and putting in 1 of those teams @ #25 it would be a different story. But that's not what you have done.

Bowling Green would beat Bama by at least two TDs

:lou:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if Oregon completes one pass they are ranked top 3

But they missed that pass so not top 25.

One missed WR going from great to trash. Dang. Harsh man.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say that Michigan State has the best OOC win considering it is against a perennial top 5-10 team while Wisconsin is a 10-20 team. There other OOC game was against a 6-6 conference USA team. Michigan State played a 10-3 Air Force and an 8-5 Western Michigan. If you want to give credit to Alabaka in a loss more power to you.

I'm not sure it will end up that way towards the end of the year, but I have no arguments against saying Michigan St has the best OOC win.

1st, 2nd, 3rd - I don't think it really matters much for this argument. Hell, it could be the 10th best OOC win and still hold more water than the bullshit he is saying.

Of course, if it's all about resume - then why isn't Ole Miss #1 in his?

You can go up and down his rankings and the results don't meet what he claims they are.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if Oregon completes one pass they are ranked top 3

But they missed that pass so not top 25.

One missed WR going from great to trash. Dang. Harsh man.

Because he is a troll and wants the attention. Negative attention is better than the no attention he gets otherwise.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he is a troll and wants the attention. Same thing with every post he makes.

I posted his poll on Twitter and ppl were asking if it was preseason women's basketball. When explaining what it really was..... Let's just say a lot of lolz and wtfs. That's being nice.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure it will end up that way towards the end of the year, but I have no arguments against saying Michigan St has the best OOC win.

1st, 2nd, 3rd - I don't think it really matters much for this argument. Hell, it could be the 10th best OOC win and still hold more water than the bullshit he is saying.

Of course, if it's all about resume - then why isn't Ole Miss #1 in his?

You can go up and down his rankings and the results don't meet what he claims they are.
Oregon and Alabama not being ranked is wrong. Alabama does have a quality win with Wisconsin. It's impossible to rank using his logic at this point. Not many teams schedule multiple quality teams and those teams they schedule must schedule multiple quality teams in the first three weeks.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted his poll on Twitter and ppl were asking if it was preseason women's basketball. When explaining what it really was..... Let's just say a lot of lolz and wtfs. That's being nice.

It's a joke.

24seven would do the resume based rankings every year and while some people didn't like them, you could at least look at them and follow the logic. I always stuck up for him. Plus, by week 3, his were usually getting pretty close to being inline with everyone else overall.

The computers that don't use last years data do similar things, so I'm extremely familiar with how that sort of thing works. The first year I did my computer rankings - week 1 had Kentucky as #1 because it had no frame of reference towards team strengths. But by week 3, computer rankings that only use current year data mostly make sense.

24sevens were better than those computer types because he still applied common sense when it came to team strengths.

Mostly, I felt 24seven was being honest in what he was doing. Where as what I see with these rankings is putting teams in places to affect the final rankings. Extremely dishonest. That is what rustles my jimmies about the entire thing.

Hell I can deal with people just being wrong in their rankings, some people hate mine some weeks. I can't deal and sit back while someone tries to game the system in what is supposed to be a friendly forum poll.

Fuck it, I'm going to say something about it.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's early. It will work itself out.

Now where have I heard those words before.