• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla Top 25 Preseason 2015 voting

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand your points and you make some good ones, but please don't say they had no motivation for their rival who they hate more than anyone. The committee had them ranked #4 going into the Ole Piss game and a playoff spot was squarely on the line. They had no motivation? Come on man.

And I'm sorry, but it drives me crazy to hear the age old excuse "they didn't want to be there." I'm calling bullshit on that one too, Shane. It was their first BCS/Big 6 game in school history and a chance at a top 5/10 finish. They'd never been there before. I don't want to hear the "they didn't want to be there" excuse. This is the Orange Bowl we're talking about.

They wouldnt have made the playoff man, they were out of it. They lost to Bama and Bama won to get in the SECCG. You go from being in the playoff and #1 to out, I'm not saying that's why they lost but the fact they shouldnt be in the top 50 bc of those two games. That doesnt justify the fact.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They wouldnt have made the playoff man, they were out of it. They lost to Bama and Bama won to get in the SECCG. You go from being in the playoff and #1 to out, I'm not saying that's why they lost but the fact they shouldnt be in the top 50 bc of those two games. That doesnt justify the fact.

What do you mean they were out of the playoff? They absolutely were not out of it. Alabama still had to play and beat Auburn that same day to decide the West champion. Besides if they would have won that Ole Miss game, they would have been in no matter what. The committee had them at #4 going into that game. There's no way a 1 loss Ohio State, TCU, or Baylor would have jumped them and made it in over a 1 loss SEC West team, especially when you consider that their 1 loss would have been by 5 points on the road to the #1 ranked team in the country. I don't care if that 1 loss Sec West team was a conference or even a divisional champ. They are in over a 1 loss team from any other conference every time and probably should be based on strength of schedule. Look at Alabama in 2011. They won the whole damn thing back when the BCS only selected two teams to play for it all and not only did they not win their conference, they didn't even win their division. You can't convince me that if Mississippi State wins that Egg Bowl over their hated rival as the #4 ranked team by the committee that they wouldn't have made it into that playoff. Again their 1 loss would have been on the road by 5 to the #1 ranked team in the country. They absolutely would have made it in over Ohio State, easily actually. There was more than enough motivation for that game. Their national championship hopes were on the line.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Ohio State
2. TCU
3. Alabama
4. Oregon
5. Michigan State
6. Baylor
7. Clemson
8. Auburn
9. UGA
10. USC
11. Stanford
12. FSU
13. LSU
14. Wisconsin
15. Notre Dame
16. Virginia Tech
17. UCLA
18. Oklahoma
19. Penn State
20. Boise State
21. Ole Miss
22. Arizona State
23. Utah
24. Missouri
25. Nebraska

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. OSU
2. TCU
3. MSU
4. Oregon
5. Baylor
6. UGA
7. Alabama
8. Auburn
9. USC
10. FSU
11. LSU
12. UCLA
13. ASU
14. Wisconsin
15. Oklahoma
16. Ole Miss
17. Clemson
18. Tennessee
19. Georgia Tech
20. Stanford
21. Boise State
22. Arkansas
23. Louisville
24. Notre Dame
25. Mizzou

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets go with my actual ballot

1. Ohio State- Return a lot from a championship team, definitely preseason number one
2. TCU- They return a lot of starters from a team that broke out last year.
3. Alabama- can't really keep them out of the top 4
4. Michigan State- They lose some players on defense but will be great this year
5. Baylor- They lose their QB but Seth Russell will be a great replacement. They have loads of offensive talent on offense, and perhaps the best defense they've had under Briles.
6. Oregon- They will especially be good if Vernon Adams is eligible, what he did against FBS opponents on a team with lessor talent is something to be reckoned with.
7. USC- The starters with this team are very good, if they can stay healthy then USC can finally return to prominence
8. Arizona State- perhaps overlooked by some they are loaded this year with a better defense, and an offense will all sorts of explosive weapons and a QB who perhaps looked better than the starter, they just need to avoid laying eggs.
9. Ole Miss- QB is a concern, LaQuan Treadwell is a star at receiver, and the defense will be great yet again.
10. Georgia Tech- They bring back Justin Thomas who will lead a strong option offense.
11. Clemson- if DeShaun Watson can stay healthy this is a great team, but that is a big question.
12. Arizona- They bring back a lot from a team that went to the Fiesta bowl, they are quite underrated right now.
13. LSU- No one else is allowed to occupy this spot is that right?? In case that's true here's LSU.
14. UCLA- Freshman QB Josh Rosen could be great, UCLA also loses Eric Kendricks, but that's it, this is a loaded roster.
15. Florida State- They lose a lot from last year, they recruited well, but you never know how that will turn out.
16. Wisconsin- They lose Melvin Gordon, but of course just a few years ago they lost Montee Ball, thing is Wisconsin always finds good running backs, and Paul Chryst might be better fit than Gary Anderson was here.
17. Auburn- there's a lot of promise here that indicates I badly underranked them, remember I'm ranking these teams preseason, not where I think they will finish, in preseason Auburn is looking at a new QB to a team that just lost 5 games a year ago. I think they will be better than this though.
18. Georgia- they are loaded on defense and Nick Chubb is yet another great running back, but Georgia might have bad QB issues, at least that's the impression I get when they brought in a grad transfer who was a mediocre QB from Virginia.
19. Boise State- returns a lot of starters from a Fiesta bowl winning team, QB and RB is a question.
20. Missouri- the offense is a big concern, but the defense should be good again despite the loss of some defensive ends.
21. Stanford- the offense hit its stride late last year though the defense has some transition.
22. Oklahoma- They underwent some major changes this offseason, I mainly have them here off of name.
23. BYU- this was a fantastic team prior to Taysom Hill's injury, there's the potential they could be that good again, if they are a great start is a threat.
24. Notre Dame- I kind of forgot about them, oh well they can go here I guess, Malik Zaire showed some promise in his first start and the defense looks good too.
25. Bowling Green- I homer vote them at 25 every year, so yeah.

Just missed and why:

Utah- great roster returning, but the massive staff turnover has me concerned.
Arkansas- They had some momentum late, and that has them ranked in a lot of polls, they did lose 6 games last year so that keeps me from ranking them.
Tennessee- copy and paste what I wrote for Arkansas.
Oklahoma State- what I said above.
Nebraska- they have a lot of good players back, but how they will transition under the new staff is a question.
Illinois- I absolutely don't think they belong here, but did anyone notice they got 7 votes in the Coaches poll, WTF??
Cincinnati- they will be a great team that has an explosive offense, but the defense needs to be better.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Ohio State
2. Alabama
3. TCU
4. Oregon
5. Georgia
6. Auburn
7. Michigan State
8. Baylor
9. UCLA
10. Notre Dame
11. USC
12. Ole Miss
13. Clemson
14. Arkansas
15. Boise State
16. LSU
17. Arizona
18. Wisconsin
19. Georgia Tech
20. Florida State
21. Arizona State
22. Stanford
23. TAMU
24. Oklahoma
25. Louisville

Dropped: NA

FFO: Missouri, Nebraska, Mississippi State, Kansas State, Tennessee
Good looking list Smart.:thumb:

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets go with my actual ballot

1. Ohio State- Return a lot from a championship team, definitely preseason number one
2. TCU- They return a lot of starters from a team that broke out last year.
3. Alabama- can't really keep them out of the top 4
4. Michigan State- They lose some players on defense but will be great this year
5. Baylor- They lose their QB but Seth Russell will be a great replacement. They have loads of offensive talent on offense, and perhaps the best defense they've had under Briles.
6. Oregon- They will especially be good if Vernon Adams is eligible, what he did against FBS opponents on a team with lessor talent is something to be reckoned with.
7. USC- The starters with this team are very good, if they can stay healthy then USC can finally return to prominence
8. Arizona State- perhaps overlooked by some they are loaded this year with a better defense, and an offense will all sorts of explosive weapons and a QB who perhaps looked better than the starter, they just need to avoid laying eggs.
9. Ole Miss- QB is a concern, LaQuan Treadwell is a star at receiver, and the defense will be great yet again.
10. Georgia Tech- They bring back Justin Thomas who will lead a strong option offense.
11. Clemson- if DeShaun Watson can stay healthy this is a great team, but that is a big question.
12. Arizona- They bring back a lot from a team that went to the Fiesta bowl, they are quite underrated right now.
13. LSU- No one else is allowed to occupy this spot is that right?? In case that's true here's LSU.
14. UCLA- Freshman QB Josh Rosen could be great, UCLA also loses Eric Kendricks, but that's it, this is a loaded roster.
15. Florida State- They lose a lot from last year, they recruited well, but you never know how that will turn out.
16. Wisconsin- They lose Melvin Gordon, but of course just a few years ago they lost Montee Ball, thing is Wisconsin always finds good running backs, and Paul Chryst might be better fit than Gary Anderson was here.
17. Auburn- there's a lot of promise here that indicates I badly underranked them, remember I'm ranking these teams preseason, not where I think they will finish, in preseason Auburn is looking at a new QB to a team that just lost 5 games a year ago. I think they will be better than this though.
18. Georgia- they are loaded on defense and Nick Chubb is yet another great running back, but Georgia might have bad QB issues, at least that's the impression I get when they brought in a grad transfer who was a mediocre QB from Virginia.
19. Boise State- returns a lot of starters from a Fiesta bowl winning team, QB and RB is a question.
20. Missouri- the offense is a big concern, but the defense should be good again despite the loss of some defensive ends.
21. Stanford- the offense hit its stride late last year though the defense has some transition.
22. Oklahoma- They underwent some major changes this offseason, I mainly have them here off of name.
23. BYU- this was a fantastic team prior to Taysom Hill's injury, there's the potential they could be that good again, if they are a great start is a threat.
24. Notre Dame- I kind of forgot about them, oh well they can go here I guess, Malik Zaire showed some promise in his first start and the defense looks good too.
25. Bowling Green- I homer vote them at 25 every year, so yeah.

Just missed and why:

Utah- great roster returning, but the massive staff turnover has me concerned.
Arkansas- They had some momentum late, and that has them ranked in a lot of polls, they did lose 6 games last year so that keeps me from ranking them.
Tennessee- copy and paste what I wrote for Arkansas.
Oklahoma State- what I said above.
Nebraska- they have a lot of good players back, but how they will transition under the new staff is a question.
Illinois- I absolutely don't think they belong here, but did anyone notice they got 7 votes in the Coaches poll, WTF??
Cincinnati- they will be a great team that has an explosive offense, but the defense needs to be better.

:lol: you can put auburn in baylor's spot at 5...keep the same description, and it works

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you mean they were out of the playoff? They absolutely were not out of it. Alabama still had to play and beat Auburn that same day to decide the West champion. Besides if they would have won that Ole Miss game, they would have been in no matter what. The committee had them at #4 going into that game. There's no way a 1 loss Ohio State, TCU, or Baylor would have jumped them and made it in over a 1 loss SEC West team, especially when you consider that their 1 loss would have been by 5 points on the road to the #1 ranked team in the country. I don't care if that 1 loss Sec West team was a conference or even a divisional champ. They are in over a 1 loss team from any other conference every time and probably should be based on strength of schedule. Look at Alabama in 2011. They won the whole damn thing back when the BCS only selected two teams to play for it all and not only did they not win their conference, they didn't even win their division. You can't convince me that if Mississippi State wins that Egg Bowl over their hated rival as the #4 ranked team by the committee that they wouldn't have made it into that playoff. Again their 1 loss would have been on the road by 5 to the #1 ranked team in the country. They absolutely would have made it in over Ohio State, easily actually. There was more than enough motivation for that game. Their national championship hopes were on the line.

Even with all the SEC hype, the fact they wouldnt play in a championship game would absolutely hurt their hopes just like TCU. Especially after the 59-0 beatdown. They wouldnt let a 1-loss non champion in, it's very possible and even with their loss to the #1 team I still dont buy it. An extra game factors in more than you think, that is why the Big 12 might be in trouble again this year. It would have been closer than you think.
Looking back at it, it would have been a mistake anyway. Why would you want an Alabama-MSU rematch, we have seen it in the past I dont think the committee would want another repeat. Miss St was a really good team but I watched everyone of their games and they werent close to being a top 4 team. They had a solid defense, but the offense was at times one-dimensional. I understand your logic but I think the committee would have to factor some of these things too. Most importantly nobody wants a shitty rematch like 2011.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense is very lopsided in in terms of experience.

They are returning Hansbrough at RB who had over 1,100 yards last year, a QB who is 14-4, and a very experienced oline.

The WR corp is a massive question mark, though. Not a single guy has more than 5 receptions. So Mizzou is asking Mauk to be the leader this year which is kinda scary because despite his good record as a starter, he hasnt inspired a lot of confidence in his ability. I could see the offense going either way

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Ohio St
2. TCU
3. Baylor
4. UCLA
5. USC
6. Michigan St
7. Notre Dame
8. Ole Miss
9. LSU
10. Arkansas
11. Georgia
12. Utah
13. Oregon
14. Tennessee
15. Oklahoma
16. Virginia Tech
17. Missouri
18. Alabama
19. Stanford
20. California
21. Florida St
22. Arizona St
23. Texas A&M
24. Michigan
25. North Carolina

26. Clemson
27. Oklahoma St
28. Boise St
29. Auburn
30. Georgia Tech
31. Arizona
32. Nebraska
33. Wisconsin
34. Mississippi St
35. Penn St
36. Texas Tech
37. Kentucky
38. West Virginia
39. NC State
40. Cincinnati
41. Texas
42. Minnesota
43. Pittsburgh
44. Miami
45. Florida
46. South Carolina
47. Memphis
48. Louisville
49. Temple
50. Vanderbilt

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Ohio St
2. TCU
3. Baylor
4. UCLA
5. USC
6. Michigan St
7. Notre Dame
8. Ole Miss
9. LSU
10. Arkansas
11. Georgia
12. Utah
13. Oregon
14. Tennessee
15. Oklahoma
16. Virginia Tech
17. Missouri
18. Alabama
19. Stanford
20. California
21. Florida St
22. Arizona St
23. Texas A&M
24. Michigan
25. North Carolina

26. Clemson
27. Oklahoma St
28. Boise St
29. Auburn
30. Georgia Tech
31. Arizona
32. Nebraska
33. Wisconsin
34. Mississippi St
35. Penn St
36. Texas Tech
37. Kentucky
38. West Virginia
39. NC State
40. Cincinnati
41. Texas
42. Minnesota
43. Pittsburgh
44. Miami
45. Florida
46. South Carolina
47. Memphis
48. Louisville
49. Temple
50. Vanderbilt
:doh: Do you even watch the games? Literally all day on Saturdays from Sept through the first week of January. Looking at some game footage does help.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:doh: Do you even watch the games? Literally all day on Saturdays from Sept through the first week of January. Looking at some game footage does help.

So i should watch game footage from years past to develop my top 25 for this year? Or did this year begin and I missed it? I can justify every ranking I put on there with my own opinions and analysis. You might not agree or like it, but I don't really care either. I march to my own beat on preseason top 25's. Always have. Some times I look stupid, some times mine is much more accurate then the cut and paste from the experts many on here do. Once the season starts and I have watched "game footage", obviously I'll adjust like everybody will.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So i should watch game footage from years past to develop my top 25 for this year? Or did this year begin and I missed it? I can justify every ranking I put on there with my own opinions and analysis. You might not agree or like it, but I don't really care either. I march to my own beat on preseason top 25's. Always have. Some times I look stupid, some times mine is much more accurate then the cut and paste from the experts many on here do. Once the season starts and I have watched "game footage", obviously I'll adjust like everybody will.
Gonna respond, just not on the tablet. Let me get to the laptop. Try my best to be kind.

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. TCU
2. Ohio State
3. Bama
4. Michigan St
5. Oregon
6. USC
7. Auburn
8. Clemson
9. Baylor
10. Wisky
11. OU
12. Arkansas
13. UCLA
14. G.T.
15. BSU
16. BYU
17. FSU
18. aTm
19. Utah
20. ND
21. Georgia
22. Tenn
23. Zona
24. Louisville
25. Ole Miss

I have had a few Crown and Cokes so this may change.

Karl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 1452 a fire burned down a house. A man and his two children escaped safely. However, his wife burned in the house. The fire would go on to burn most of the surrounding area, but fortunately, only two houses were affected.

And now, over 560 years later, the woman has come back to life. She will burn your house tonight unless you post this at least three times in memory of her and her burnt house.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 1452 a fire burned down a house. A man and his two children escaped safely. However, his wife burned in the house. The fire would go on to burn most of the surrounding area, but fortunately, only two houses were affected.

And now, over 560 years later, the woman has come back to life. She will burn your house tonight unless you post this at least three times in memory of her and her burnt house.

dMbpmdT.gif

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Ohio State
2. TCU
3. Bama
4. Oregon