• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla Mock Draft: The Polls

What position should the 49ers target in the 1st round.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting ready for the mock draft on Monday and wanted to get a feel for what the faithful would want in the 1st round. Since I can only post one poll at a time vote for what position (poll) and should we trade up, stay put, trade back (write in)

For example in the poll I would vote CB for position and trade up as my write in.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BPA. Gotta look at the long term. If that turns out to be a DB or WR... great, but a rookie at almost any position has the potential to take a starting job between now and 2016 between SF letting a few FAs go & the decline of older vets.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade up to land a CB.

In my opinion, we can't afford to take the best player available with the first few picks. We have a severe lack of talent at CB and we need to fix that in order to have a legitimate shot at a championship before the window closes, assuming it hasn't already.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade up to get Evans if that is not possible stay pat get a CB or WR with highest grade.

If I were you I would grade the CBs 1-10 with 10 being highest and then do the same with WRs.

Then pick BPA of those two positions for the first 3 picks with the goal being 2 CB and 1 WR. Then in the 3rd use one of those picks for best WR remaining.

I would not fall in love with a player and hope he falls. If you see someone dropping and they are 3-4 spots ahead of where you are drafting move up to get them if the cost is reasonable. 5th and 7th picks are almost useless to this team.

I also would be willing to trade a 2nd and move down the draft to get a different 2nd, 6th, and a 3rd for next year. Just like they did with Tennessee last year.

All other picks best player available for:
1: SS/FS either or is fine
1: Backup or starting center
1: 3-4 DEs
1: RB (Short yard guy to replace Dixon also for ST)
1: Kick Returner (can be one of the wr/cb picks as well so might not be needed)
And it never hurts to add depth to NT even though they have 2 decent ones with Dorsey and Williams.

Giantsmojo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BPA. Gotta look at the long term. If that turns out to be a DB or WR... great, but a rookie at almost any position has the potential to take a starting job between now and 2016 between SF letting a few FAs go & the decline of older vets.

Agree'd if we needed to fill a lot of positions and couldn't afford to trade away picks, but while BPA maybe WR at 30, BPA at 22 may be a CB so go up and get a CB. We can look to the future at WR, since next season we will have Bolden, Crabtree and Patton and take a WR in the Mid rounds.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Gilbert
Gilbert might mean a trade up to the top ten. Roby might fall to an easier trade up. No love for Verrett? I wouild be good with a pick of a CB as it is a huge need, but I just think we should get ready to groom a WR for the future and not have to deal with FA next season to fill that gap. Evans, Watkins or Cooks would make me a happy 9er.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Gilbert might mean a trade up to the top ten. Roby might fall to an easier trade up. No love for Verrett? I wouild be good with a pick of a CB as it is a huge need, but I just think we should get ready to groom a WR for the future and not have to deal with FA next season to fill that gap. Evans, Watkins or Cooks would make me a happy 9er.

Problem is, we need a CB of the now. And it's easier to find productive receivers later in the draft - at least for most teams.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is, we need a CB of the now. And it's easier to find productive receivers later in the draft - at least for most teams.
I would say the same thing about the CB postion in this draft...later round. I'm not sure who anyone is thinking that will be a starter for the 9ers in either position. To you have a prospect in mind that would be able to start for the 9ers from this draft at CB?

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At any rate it looks like the main plan is a CB. If a trade up is done I would go for Gilbert or Dennard. Good luck.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
a little trade up if there is someone they REALLY like. can't see us doing a major trade up to top 10?

else BPA even if it isn't a CB or WR.

JPurthe1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Trade down, get a 1st for next year and a early 2nd this year. BPA with the early 2nd (hopefully CB/WR) and trade up with the late 2nd (CB/WR).

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes sir. Everyone is talking about Cooks and what his speed would do for us. Speed is great, but it's going to take more than that to put us over the top. Otherwise Ted Ginn would still be on our team. Obviously Cooks is a better WR, but so are so many other WR's in this draft class. I really like Verrett. I think I like Fuller even more and he's not being talked about.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1. Dennard
2. Evans
3. Fuller
4. Pryor
5. Robinson

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Guys for responding to the poll it looks like CB is going to win. I will post another poll to see what player we should choose.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade up to get Evans if that is not possible stay pat get a CB or WR with highest grade.

If I were you I would grade the CBs 1-10 with 10 being highest and then do the same with WRs.

Then pick BPA of those two positions for the first 3 picks with the goal being 2 CB and 1 WR. Then in the 3rd use one of those picks for best WR remaining.

I would not fall in love with a player and hope he falls. If you see someone dropping and they are 3-4 spots ahead of where you are drafting move up to get them if the cost is reasonable. 5th and 7th picks are almost useless to this team.

I also would be willing to trade a 2nd and move down the draft to get a different 2nd, 6th, and a 3rd for next year. Just like they did with Tennessee last year.

All other picks best player available for:
1: SS/FS either or is fine
1: Backup or starting center
1: 3-4 DEs
1: RB (Short yard guy to replace Dixon also for ST)
1: Kick Returner (can be one of the wr/cb picks as well so might not be needed)
And it never hurts to add depth to NT even though they have 2 decent ones with Dorsey and Williams.

I agree with you. In this Mock you can't trade picks into next year so all picks have to be used this year. My plan is to go with the boards wishes (within reason) and target a player and if try to move up to get him. If I can't make a trade to get player in position a I will move on to position b and etc.

Now if someone starts to drop and player x is a better BPA then player y I will go with the better player regardless of position (again within reason).