• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sports media douches

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All week up to the game all we heard is that GB won 14 of 17 games and that Rodgers owned us at 9-1 and would light up our secondary.

After the game we hear nothing of how the Lions layed a beatdown on the Pack. All we heard was that Tulloch hurt himself celebrating.

Saw 1 show on one of the networks that mentioned they couldnt believe how the Lions defense stopped GB. It is not that hard. Take away Nelson by playing the safety over the top and keep the other WRs in fornt of you because they are not consistent. Basically Austin forced them to be a short passing consistent offense and they couldnt do it. Add to the fact that GB does not have a TE that cn block to save his life and it results in no running game against a good team.

In Austin we Trust.:yahoo:

Screw you ESPN and NFL Network. Fucking douchebags.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will we ever get any respect?

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You answered your own question. It's the media. Fans of other teams give the Lions more respect than our own fans do.

The Lions really are a unique franchise.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After a couple of the collapses we've had the last few years its understandable when people are hesitant to believe.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like the media goes out of its way to ignore the good and focus on the bad. Especially Fox.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like the media goes out of its way to ignore the good and focus on the bad. Especially Fox.

Joe Buck has a chubby for Seattle ,San Fran , Dallas, GB and philly everyone else sucks.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions have to earn it. They have one playoff win in the Superbowl era. When they start talking about how this time it might be different, they go from 6-3 only to finish the season 7-9. The truth is, it seems like once they get talked about, everything goes to hell. Almost rather they say nothing about them.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions have to earn it. They have one playoff win in the Superbowl era. When they start talking about how this time it might be different, they go from 6-3 only to finish the season 7-9. The truth is, it seems like once they get talked about, everything goes to hell. Almost rather they say nothing about them.

Good Point. Stay under the radar as long as possible.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions got some major love from Bill Cowher last night.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought on fox pregame before the panthers game they were getting respect from the guys on the pregame show. A couple of them picked them to upset carolina.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a couple of the collapses we've had the last few years its understandable when people are hesitant to believe.

So do many fans.

After couple collapses am I wrong for having doubt.

swarm actually had a thread about collapses. More drama than needed in it, but a lot of truths also.

To me it is more in need of culture change to replace "SOL". I am sipping koolaid that Austin may help the changing process.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sigh...

I just saw an article on Bleacher Report titled "When Will Eric Ebron Live Up to His Top-Ten Draft Status?"

At some point enough stupidity from the media is enough. He's three fucking games into his career. I don't see anyone calling Blake Bortles a bust already. Justin Gilbert got benched for ineffective play, but nobody is freaking out about that.

I don't think patience and/or common sense ever cross paths with this new breed of sports "journalism." It's all about ratings and clicks these days. Fuckn' TMZ...

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions got some major love from Bill Cowher last night.

I heard someone say on the game last night that the Giants loss to Lions does not look so bad now seeing how we played last week. Thats all I am asking.

As far as collapsing and winning playoff games goes, I do not give a rats ass what happened last year or the year before. Teams change a lot from year to year. Last year has nothing to do with this year. All new coaches and a few different players. SF is already 2 games behind in their division after going to the super bowl 2 years ago. GB will be 2 games back if they lose this week. Just because a team used to be good or bad does not mean a thing in the NFL these days.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard someone say on the game last night that the Giants loss to Lions does not look so bad now seeing how we played last week. Thats all I am asking.

As far as collapsing and winning playoff games goes, I do not give a rats ass what happened last year or the year before. Teams change a lot from year to year. Last year has nothing to do with this year. All new coaches and a few different players. SF is already 2 games behind in their division after going to the super bowl 2 years ago. GB will be 2 games back if they lose this week. Just because a team used to be good or bad does not mean a thing in the NFL these days.
So how do you explain the Lions for the past 50+ years?

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how do you explain the Lions for the past 50+ years?

An owner that never gave a crap about building a winner. Its also a bit of luck as well. We had 20 years before that where we won several championships. With Junior taking over maybe that will change. Teams go bad for decades and then get good for decades. That time period will shrink dramatically now that free agency has gotten crazy and salary caps more prevalent. Teams will change on a dime with so many players coming and going.

I predict the draft will be much more important going forward due to the rookie salary restructuring. No more $100 million contracts for someone who may never be a good player. That is also something that has hurt us.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes! Just win a Super Bowl and your team instantly becomes relevant and extremely hated.
It is a cool feeling to be hated in this fashion and I recommend it.:suds: