• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

speed on d

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
It looks as if Clements, Spikes, and Lawson will be replaced by Rodgers Bowman and A. Smith. Remember how the Cheif looked like the "greatest show on turf" against us last year?

I don't know if Aldon will be has quick as Manny but I'm glad the F.O. addressed the lack of speed.

What do you guys think?

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rogers>>Clements
A.Smith>Lawson
I think Bowman will be a damn good LB, Spikes was good but he's old, time 2 move on

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Bowman, but losing Spikes was big. He is a good LB and well liked by the team. And I hope A. Smith will be better than Manny. I know he wasn't the best at getting to the QB but Smith hasn't played an NFL down yet so who knows.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith will be better no doubt, cant get any worse then Lawson

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Barrows and Maiocco seem to think that the D will be faster and better against the pass but more susceptible against the run.

The last few years this team has been horrible on 3rd downs. Even 3rd and 20's have been nerve wracking. What this D has been missing is the ability to get off the field and put the ball back in the hands of the offense. But that's also a debatble issue. Is the fact that the offense routinely goes 3 and out puts the defense back on the field too quickly? I haven't looked at first half points allowed vs second half points allowed. I've always felt like the defense has a lot of "potential" (quit rolling your eyes) but they always seem to fall just a little short. Is it the fact that they were usually gassed by crunch time and just didn't have anything left in the tank?

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the fact that the offense routinely goes 3 and out puts the defense back on the field too quickly? I haven't looked at first half points allowed vs second half points allowed. I've always felt like the defense has a lot of "potential" (quit rolling your eyes) but they always seem to fall just a little short. Is it the fact that they were usually gassed by crunch time and just didn't have anything left in the tank?

I completely agree. The offense was so awful that the D was always on the field, or working with a short field to defend. Late in the year you know those guys are just worn down. But at the same time, those 3rd and longs that they love to give up are inexcusable.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barrows and Maiocco seem to think that the D will be faster and better against the pass but more susceptible against the run.

This I agree with. We lost some important run stuffers in Lawson, Franklin(glad he's gone tho), Clements and Spikes.

Our should be a lot faster, young though, but faster on the field. Just hope they don't think too fast or act too fast for their own good.

The run might be a problem more so this year than previous, but it's up to Sopz to dictate that and Willis/Bowman to clean up. I expect more runs from the opposing team to our left side against McDonald and Brooks.