• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Special Teams Head Coach

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now is the time to give Dave Toub a shot.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That just sounds like an absolutely awful idea to me. I think that would be a prime example of promoting someone from a level he excels at to a level that is way over his head.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That just sounds like an absolutely awful idea to me. I think that would be a prime example of promoting someone from a level he excels at to a level that is way over his head.

Whaaat are you talking about? That's how ALL Head Coaches get their first job. Would you prefer that they promote someone who DOESN'T excel at his level???

If Chris Ballard is the guy they pick as GM- get very used to the idea that Dave Toub could be the Head Coach.
As far as Rookie Head Coaches... They could worse.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whaaat are you talking about? That's how ALL Head Coaches get their first job. Would you prefer that they promote someone who DOESN'T excel at his level???

If Chris Ballard is the guy they pick as GM- get very used to the idea that Dave Toub could be the Head Coach.
As far as Rookie Head Coaches... They could worse.

I'd say yes to past head coaches, offensive coordinators, or defensive coordinators. Not a fucking special teams coach. Get real.

But you are right. I wouldn't be surprised if they did hire toub as a head coach. This is the pathetic bears franchise we are talking about here. Toub could be our future head coach because the front office is just awful year in and year out. I expect next year to be no different. And we could do worse than toub, you are right there as well. We could hire Ellen Degerenes as head coach. That might not be as bad though because Atleast she might give us a few dances to entertain and distract us while the bears get raped every week.

Last edited by a moderator:

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At lest Dave will stay out of the way of the coordinators and just be a Head Coach......it has worked before and it will work again

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that was stupid.

I'd say yes to past head coaches, offensive coordinators, or defensive coordinators. Not a fucking special teams coach. Get real.

But you are right. I wouldn't be surprised if they did hire toub as a head coach. This is the pathetic bears franchise we are talking about here. Toub could be our future head coach because the front office is just awful year in and year out. I expect next year to be no different. And we could do worse than toub, you are right there as well. We could hire Ellen Degerenes as head coach. That might not be as bad though because Atleast she might give us a few dances to entertain and distract us while the bears get raped every week.

Now you are just being stupid

nomoreshoop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Harbaugh was special teams coach.
An equally crazy idea would be the HC of TCU, boy did they look good this year.
I hope Jay doesn't ruin the next coach the Bears hire.

DaBearFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Ditka did prettt well too.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't really care about ditka and Harbaugh. Two success stories in 35 years makes me think it's the exception to the rule.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes me think more people should take the chance.

How many super bowls does Harbaugh have?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes me think more people should take the chance.

How many super bowls does Harbaugh have?

1. Good for him. That says nothing about taub. Unless taub can bring in an amazing offensive coordinator and defensive coordinator, he will be garbage. If the bears hire taub as a head coach, he will not do well. I can almost guarantee that. I don't think the bears are dumb enough to do that, but I could be wrong.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Good for him. That says nothing about taub. Unless taub can bring in an amazing offensive coordinator and defensive coordinator, he will be garbage. If the bears hire taub as a head coach, he will not do well. I can almost guarantee that. I don't think the bears are dumb enough to do that, but I could be wrong.

Well that was stupid

Dirk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Was going to reply but then decided your he coached kickers mentality wasn't going to be changed.

Personally I think he would do fine.
Better than our "Grow the man" offensive guru quarterback whisperer i'd bet.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Don't stop leomaz. You are on a roll. I don't know what kind of roll, but it's a roll of your own style, no doubt.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was going to reply but then decided your he coached kickers mentality wasn't going to be changed.

Personally I think he would do fine.
Better than our "Grow the man" offensive guru quarterback whisperer i'd bet.

Fair enough. I just think there are much better candidates out there than Taub. As for ditka and Harbaugh, I think they are outliers. Ditka became a special teams coach right after playing and then became head coach in a much different time for football. Harbaugh grew up in one of the premier football families in the United States and learned a lot through that. I don't know much about Taub other than his time here. He was also spoiled with great special teams players such as Hester, Gould, Maynard, and several other special teamers that excelled in that area like Brendan ayenbadejo. He was also given the opportunity to play for a team that almost every backup needed to excel on special teams to make the team. I am not sure how well he's doing in kc, I'm sure he's doing pretty well, but I just don't think the guy is head coaching material.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's fucking TOUB you twit...are you even a bears fan?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toub is starting to grow on me (Patrick Mannely has been pretty persuasive on the radio). I have been pretty outspoken about somehow giving Jim Leavitt a shot at DC (he's the LB coach of the 49ers). Both Leavitt and Toub are pretty well connected to the Harbaugh family. Whether it is Leavitt or the current coordinators themselves (Roman and Fagiano) I could see Toub poaching that staff. I still think Shanahan is a must to at least interview... but Toub sounds like a top-notch football mind, results oriented, no-nonsense straight shooter. Tommy Harris is another ex-Bear glowing about the possibility.