• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: sox vs sox

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh pfffft! my thoughts on grandal haven't changed he's a occasional power bat that can't field and therefore not worth his salary. giolito is a good pitcher who can be inconsistant, garcia is acceptable as a fill-in, lopez sucks ... still, and my only issue with robert is that he's no gg'r. his defense has been vastly over-stated. all of these players you mentioned have nothing to do with the 'swirling' you mentioned. the only guy that stopped 'swirling' is rodon (whom i didn't mention) .... and don't tell me you didn't feel exactly the same as all of us here about him before this year. all of the above suggests your post was .... dishonest. and certainly not a balance.
madrigal is not a great fielder. not sure what your point was about him. but as i mentioned, it is apparent NOW that it was a horrible trade. do you disagree? you think kimbrel is still the great reliever he used to be?

your reply was very IMbalanced imo.
LMAO

Give it up, old man. Grandal has, without debate, been one of (if not) the best defensive catchers in baseball for years now. Good lord.

You're embarrassing yourself.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, BTW... the guy with a .422 OBP and .534 slugging (.956 OPS) with a .407 weighted on base average (will also finish with around a 4 WAR in a little over half of a season) is just "an occasional power".

You cannot make this up. You literally CANNOT make this up.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a sign of how far ahead of most of his peers Grandal is that the White Sox spent $73 million to sign him despite having James McCann and his 2.3 2019 WAR already in-house. But Grandal is, in fact, that good. As Ben Clemens noted when the deal went down, Grandal's superb defense means that he could be substantially below league-average at the plate and still be a productive and valuable player. And yet Grandal has been at least 20 percent better than league average in three of the last four seasons, and remarkably durable to boot.

He's been 20% better than the rest of the league 3 of the last 4 years.... but can't field.

Holy hell.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So long as he is further down the line in the batting order, Grandal is fine. Having him at the 2-4 spots really grinded my gears....That has hardly happened this year so we Gucci. Having him go f*cking off since his injury return was a pleasant surprise and hopefully he keeps it going.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and I'm happy richi has something more than pitch framing to make his case now...73 million and pitch framing...FFS....Stab me with a spork.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is not accurate. i do not have a bad temper. in fact i think my temper is quite adequate.

Oh and I'm happy richi has something more than pitch framing to make his case now...73 million and pitch framing...FFS....Stab me with a spork.
37636676.jpg