• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sox offer Manny 8 years/$250m

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hopefully he didn't!
I hope you’re not implying I’m “crying” because of my critical posts regarding an off season that has been one of the most frustrating in recent memory.

In terms of the reports of a $175MM contract, with differing reports disputing that, that offer is below market value for a player of Machado’s caliber, period.

from what i read, the market for machado is 'limited' .... mainly by his own jerkness. i don't know how YOU determine his market value but ... maybe you're wrong. i read a 'per season' range of $30M to $33M. but those all all based on his numbers. the sox are offering (at this time) $25M. on the face of it it looks pretty low ball but like i suggested, teams may not be too eager to offer top dollar for a guy who could damage a team's makeup. as far as we know no one else is making any offers yet. what is taking so long?
in any event, i will not be heartbroken if he goes elsewhere. i don't like him and i don't want to have to root for him. even tho he looks like a great player right now many question his work-ethic and perhaps his big payday will remove his incentive to really bust his butt. i've seen it happen many times. PLUS he's an asshole! (can't say it enough)
i'd be fine with a couple lower level (cheaper) but talented guys who want to play for the sox.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from what i read, the market for machado is 'limited' .... mainly by his own jerkness. i don't know how YOU determine his market value but ... maybe you're wrong. i read a 'per season' range of $30M to $33M. but those all all based on his numbers. the sox are offering (at this time) $25M. on the face of it it looks pretty low ball but like i suggested, teams may not be too eager to offer top dollar for a guy who could damage a team's makeup. as far as we know no one else is making any offers yet. what is taking so long?
in any event, i will not be heartbroken if he goes elsewhere. i don't like him and i don't want to have to root for him. even tho he looks like a great player right now many question his work-ethic and perhaps his big payday will remove his incentive to really bust his butt. i've seen it happen many times. PLUS he's an asshole! (can't say it enough)
i'd be fine with a couple lower level (cheaper) but talented guys who want to play for the sox.
Not to be anal in this response, but the market is what the market bears. The only way the Sox have undervalued Machado's worth is if another ballclub offers him a larger contract. I'll admit I was surprised at learning of this later number and wondering why hasn't some other team already jumped in and given Manny more time and $$. But what if they don't? Then all it means is what the Sox offered is all that he's worth on the open market.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to be anal in this response, but the market is what the market bears. The only way the Sox have undervalued Machado's worth is if another ballclub offers him a larger contract. I'll admit I was surprised at learning of this later number and wondering why hasn't some other team already jumped in and given Manny more time and $$. But what if they don't? Then all it means is what the Sox offered is all that he's worth on the open market.
Machado’s agent today said Olney and Nightengale were incorrect with the 7/$175MM. Didn’t specify either way.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Machado’s agent today said Olney and Nightengale were incorrect with the 7/$175MM. Didn’t specify either way.
Based on all the numbers thrown out there this since the '18 season ended, I admit I thought those figures were low, so maybe they're incorrect. Who knows. The only thing that's certain is this has to be one of the most endless, dragged out postseasons primarily over two players that I can ever recall.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on all the numbers thrown out there this since the '18 season ended, I admit I thought those figures were low, so maybe they're incorrect. Who knows. The only thing that's certain is this has to be one of the most endless, dragged out postseasons primarily over two players that I can ever recall.
It started last year with JD Martinez not signing until spring training. He got peanuts compared to what he produced last year in my opinion. Now you often hear how the Red Sox got a massive bargain with that signing. Considering MLB just saw another year of record profits, combined with declining overall salaries in 2018, we can see a lockout come 2021 after current CBA.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This offseason has been hilarious imo. These national media members embarrass themselves day after day. They are just taking any rumor they hear and run with it

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Video released of Machado and Alonso hitting. Looks like Machado is wearing a Sox hat.