• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sox offer Manny 8 years/$250m

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think a 250 million dollar contract attached to a 75 win season is going to change any of that...Sox attendance has been an issue for the majority of my 40 years...It's the same song and dance. Unless Reinsdorf and Co. are just hoping to "put lipstick on a pig" and sell next year...Then you may be onto something with the facelift concept.
I’ve thought the team would be sold every year for the past 7 or so years. I believe Forbes has it valued over $1bn at this point despite not owning the park.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve thought the team would be sold every year for the past 7 or so years. I believe Forbes has it valued over $1bn at this point despite not owning the park.

Reinsdorf is old, rich and loves the Sox. He's gonna give it the ol' heave ho again before he kicks the bucket...so this move makes sense because his time is running out, and well, we're just irrelevant for years now. That said, it could end up horribly. The road to hell.... 2005 will always be his baby more than all 6 Bulls championships combined. That's who he is.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won 62 games last year because we traded Cy f*cking Young away...Now we're gonna patch it with one guy for $250 million?

Gonna be a long few seasons...

Well, we traded him for a couple guys who we hope to be studs... so... this comment needs a little perspective. lol

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reinsdorf is old, rich and loves the Sox. He's gonna give it the ol' heave ho again before he kicks the bucket...so this move makes sense because his time is running out, and well, we're just irrelevant for years now. That said, it could end up horribly. The road to hell.... 2005 will always be his baby more than all 6 Bulls championships combined. That's who he is.

I mean, how would you go about revamping the lineup? Do you think we've done enough with Jay and Alonso to go along with Eloy? I sure as hell don't. I think you need that guy like Machado in your lineup.

Abreu is as consistent as they come - but he's no

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, how would you go about revamping the lineup? Do you think we've done enough with Jay and Alonso? I sure as hell don't. I think you need that guy like Machado in your lineup.
LOL Jay and Alonso

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, how would you go about revamping the lineup? Do you think we've done enough with Jay and Alonso to go along with Eloy? I sure as hell don't. I think you need that guy like Machado in your lineup.

Abreu is as consistent as they come - but he's no
At least the Sox won't be bringing Avisail Garcia back. He's taking his talents to St. Petersburg.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least the Sox won't be bringing Avisail Garcia back. He's taking his talents to St. Petersburg.

Watch... he'll finally have a fully healthy season and breakout.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As some you already know, I was more on board for holding off until next year to make our splash with the big time FA signings. It was in part to see how some of our youngins who will be called up or were recently called up would play out the '19 season. But some really good arguments have been put forth that makes sense for the Sox to bust a move this year, especially with one of the two prime FA candidates. I agree that a Machado or Harper alone will not vault us into a division winner or perhaps not even a playoff spot. But it cements the foundation for this organization and tells ticket-buying fans the Sox are serious about building a club that will contend for a number of years, not just a flash in the pan that goes all out for a one time shot.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, just when we remaining ten or so Sox fans thought we would finally get to see a good player on the team, reports emerge that cheap dick face Reinsdorf only offered Machado $175MM. Can’t believe Reinsdorf is such an asshole. Hopefully Machado laughed at that.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, just when we remaining ten or so Sox fans thought we would finally get to see a good player on the team, reports emerge that cheap dick face Reinsdorf only offered Machado $175MM. Can’t believe Reinsdorf is such an asshole. Hopefully Machado laughed at that.
Well we should hold off until there's more out there with respect to actual facts. But as many have been saying, why should the Sox outbid themselves? If theirs is the only bonafide offer to date, it doesn't necessarily mean it would be their final offer, assuming of course some other club joins in on the bidding. But if not, hell, can't say as I blame them for this "lowball" offer.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we should hold off until there's more out there with respect to actual facts. But as many have been saying, why should the Sox outbid themselves? If theirs is the only bonafide offer to date, it doesn't necessarily mean it would be their final offer, assuming of course some other club joins in on the bidding. But if not, hell, can't say as I blame them for this "lowball" offer.
Bidding against themselves aside, it was not a serious offer. That isn’t an offer that a team makes that is legitimately trying to sign a top player. Even Heyward got $184MM from the Cubs and he sucks.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bidding against themselves aside, it was not a serious offer. That isn’t an offer that a team makes that is legitimately trying to sign a top player. Even Heyward got $184MM from the Cubs and he sucks.
No argument there and I really wasn't defending the amount offered per se. My real argument would be if we are serious about signing him, ok no problem with the initial offer, but if another team, say the Phillies, offers better numbers all around and we don't subsequently counteroffer, then that tells me the Sox were never serious about signing him. Then I would I have a problem because it was obviously all bullshit from the getgo.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No argument there and I really wasn't defending the amount offered per se. My real argument would be if we are serious about signing him, ok no problem with the initial offer, but if another team, say the Phillies, offers better numbers all around and we don't subsequently counteroffer, then that tells me the Sox were never serious about signing him. Then I would I have a problem because it was obviously all bullshit from the getgo.
It’s starting to seem like bullshit to me at this point.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blessing in disguise probability: 80%.
I’m just tired of watching bozo players that wouldn’t even cut it on a serious roster. If I have to watch Dylan Covey and Nicky Delmonico and Yolmer Sanchez another year, I’ll just start reading more.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m just tired of watching bozo players that wouldn’t even cut it on a serious roster. If I have to watch Dylan Covey and Nicky Delmonico and Yolmer Sanchez another year, I’ll just start reading more.

Counterpoint:

If this guy is the next Adam Dunn or sustains a serious career-type ending injury...We're gonna be what you are tired of watching for a f*cking decade because most assuredly Reinsdorf is not opening the pocketbook again during that period if we're paying for that....

...*prepares dead horse drums for beating*...while watching OUR OWN HOMEGROWN Cy f*cking Young pitch for another team.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hopefully he didn't!

just maybe he's not in as great demand as we think he is. after all, he's a total asshole!
i suppose it's possible the sox are up to their old tricks of leading its fans on ... but it would be strange timing in this case cause i'm sure no one's shelling out yet for season's tickets.
maybe the sox know what their doing. in any event, i'm not going to start crying until i see what happens.

Last edited:

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hopefully he didn't!

just maybe he's not in as great demand as we think he is. after all, he's a total asshole!
i suppose it's possible the sox are up to their old tricks of leading its fans on ... but it would be strange timing in this case cause i'm sure no one's shelling out yet for season's tickets.
maybe the sox know what their doing. in any event, i'm not going to start crying until i see what happens.
I hope you’re not implying I’m “crying” because of my critical posts regarding an off season that has been one of the most frustrating in recent memory.

In terms of the reports of a $175MM contract, with differing reports disputing that, that offer is below market value for a player of Machado’s caliber, period.