• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sox-Moncada in talks for an extension

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's called betting on the come, which ties in nicely to my previous statement of rolling the dice. And remember, it cuts both ways. If Yoan busts, then he collects some major coin for a lot of years with insufficient production to show for it. But if he's the budding star the Sox and we fans are expecting him to be, that extension will have turned into a major bargain. Just gotta wait and see how it all unfolds. All I know is I'm psyched and looking forward to what will happen down the road.

The best thing about it is that if he busts, these days a 75 million dollar contract won't destroy a team. So this is what we would want by all means if Moncada is the all-out goods. Considering some of these guys are getting 200-400 million...This is the best shot the Sox got to lock up an MVP for that type of money. I'm not fully sold on him, but we'll survive if he Adam Dunns us, assuming the rest of the team doesn't Adam Dunn us too. LOL

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moncada has a seriously professional attitude about playing baseball. Fortunately - that is part of the White Sox culture and the Cuban contingent seems to have it in abundance.

Last season Moncada vastly improved defensively and offensively. He has the potential to be a top three 3rd baseman and a top 10 hitter. Anderson had a great year by all accounts, but he didn't improve his game defensively last season. So hats off to Moncada for his approach to the game. If he gets to the low 20s in SOs he is a Super Star.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moncada has a seriously professional attitude about playing baseball. Fortunately - that is part of the White Sox culture and the Cuban contingent seems to have it in abundance.

Last season Moncada vastly improved defensively and offensively. He has the potential to be a top three 3rd baseman and a top 10 hitter. Anderson had a great year by all accounts, but he didn't improve his game defensively last season. So hats off to Moncada for his approach to the game. If he gets to the low 20s in SOs he is a Super Star.

The positive attitude is great...but just remember, the highest paid player in our franchise history is no given and you need to add what ifs just to say he'll be a top 3 at his position. That's kind of insane when you think about it.

Caveat emptor.

Keuchel's mom says "Playoffs or die b*tches"

I say "Yeah, I know you think you think you're all that...Now show me mother f*ckers."

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only thing i like about this is that it shouldn't affect his motivation. he'll be young enough at the end he'll still be looking for more.

The best thing about it is that if he busts, these days a 75 million dollar contract won't destroy a team. So this is what we would want by all means if Moncada is the all-out goods. Considering some of these guys are getting 200-400 million...This is the best shot the Sox got to lock up an MVP for that type of money. I'm not fully sold on him, but we'll survive if he Adam Dunns us, assuming the rest of the team doesn't Adam Dunn us too. LOL

We just fleeced Yoan Moncada. I almost feel bad.

He didn't even get much more than Robert or Eloy who hadn't seen a big league PA.

24 year old who slashed .315/.367/.548 (.915) and received a small share of MVP voting.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The positive attitude is great...but just remember, the highest paid player in our franchise history is no given and you need to add what ifs just to say he'll be a top 3 at his position. That's kind of insane when you think about it.

Caveat emptor.

Keuchel's mom says "Playoffs or die b*tches"

I say "Yeah, I know you think you think you're all that...Now show me mother f*ckers."

Jiddy with the pro-found observation of "When you get paid - you should live up to your contract!".

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just fleeced Yoan Moncada. I almost feel bad.

He didn't even get much more than Robert or Eloy who hadn't seen a big league PA.

24 year old who slashed .315/.367/.548 (.915) and received a small share of MVP voting.

I thought for sure this dude was gonna wait. I mean, if he really thinks he's MVP material and he actually is? Yeah, he got annihilated on this deal. And that's an easy perspective from a couple ragtag fans like you and I.

I'm actually more afraid now in some respect. He took the bird in hand despite everyone around him expecting him to be the next great thing? That's kinda nuts.

Kudos to us, I guess. He better not Trey Burton us though. You think I was mad about his whiffs before....The wingdings and teeth gnashing will never end if he does us dirty.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jiddy with the pro-found observation of "When you get paid - you should live up to your contract!".

My profoundness is being hindered by the unusual and annoying arrogance being displayed by the management/players/fans of our team-which has never consistently won to merit such arrogance. But hey, that's sports. Excuse me, I have to get back to reading the 8,357th Sox article referencing how we're the 2015 Cubs.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My profoundness is being hindered by the unusual and annoying arrogance being displayed by the management/players/fans of our team-which has never consistently won to merit such arrogance. But hey, that's sports. Excuse me, I have to get back to reading the 8,357th Sox article referencing how we're the 2015 Cubs.

Who the hell is arrogant right now? You live in a different world.

A world where any sort of optimism towards the team's potential = "We're going to the world series! The rest of the league sucks!"

I don't even think the majority of Sox fans expect the playoffs. All we expect is to "be competitive". I post on another White Sox forum that has like 100 regulars and another 100 casual posters. Conversations get way, way more in-depth about the organization at every level than they do here.

Seriously, if you polled this board and that board. It would be QUITE a small percentage that would set their expectations at "AL Central Champs" or even the playoffs.

I just don't think you share the same universe as most people. You should show us all how you achieved to reach this 4th dimension. Holy hell, Jiddy.

Also, which player has been arrogant and how is that the case? Kuechel's mom got drunk at a team party and belted out a rallying cry? Seriously? That's "arrogant"? A young team getting themselves excited is "arrogant"?

I don't recall the front office exclaiming that we're World Series bound either. So, I just... I am left without words.

Again, WHAT PLANET Iddy...? Where are you?

Last edited:

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not a good time for me to announce my 62nd straight prediction for a White Sox World Championship.

The real deal is - the Sox have an actual serious team - the first in about a decade it seems.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A world where any sort of optimism towards the team's potential = "We're going to the world series! The rest of the league sucks!"

I don't even think the majority of Sox fans expect the playoffs. All we expect is to "be competitive". I post on another White Sox forum that has like 100 regulars and another 100 casual posters. Conversations get way, way more in-depth about the organization at every level than they do here.

Seriously, if you polled this board and that board. It would be QUITE a small percentage that would set their expectations at "AL Central Champs" or even the playoffs.

I just don't think you share the same universe as most people. You should show us all how you achieved to reach this 4th dimension. Holy hell, Jiddy.

Also, which player has been arrogant and how is that the case? Kuechel's mom got drunk at a team party and belted out a rallying cry? Seriously? That's "arrogant"? A young team getting themselves excited is "arrogant"?

I don't recall the front office exclaiming that we're World Series bound either. So, I just... I am left without words.

If you polled that board and asked if they set their expectations for Central Champs or playoffs/wildcard over the next 3 years, EVERY ONE would say yes. MULTIPLE would probably go as far to state that we're going to be in the playoffs at least twice in the next 3 years. I would bet the farm on it. That, coming off a season where we were one of the worst teams in baseball, as a franchise that has NEVER gone to the playoffs twice in a row WHILE we are riding a bunch of unprovens at the moment. Guaranteed they would go that route because the bias is real.

Do I really have to post the constant innuendo or reference to "what is coming" for us by posters here, management of our team and players...much less the media? Really? I don't think that's necessary. You know it's out there aplenty.

Everyone expects this ship to just sail off into the awesomeness sunset. So no, I'm not just talking about this upcoming season...when NOTHING in our entire history, much less recent history in the Reinsdorf years has justified such thinking. Yeah, we're young, locked up and have some good things on paper...Yeah, Hahn is running the ship differently so we should see how it goes...but, I assure you this: No Yankee fan (among others) gives a sh*t about us. Why? Because they've been there done that. A team like that-our direct competition-will reload 3 times over 3 years if the going gets tough while we sit back and hope this set of players makes it happen for us. Constant retooling...with verifiable proven players. They will pay big bucks, but it will be the goods that they receive and only injury would stop them (lol thinking of Sale...Smooches richi). We pay semi-big bucks on potential. Which way do you prefer? Which one would you bet on?

We're in a bubble of optimism that would not be shared outside of our own biased group. And it's not one of those you can sit back and say "Oh yeah, we gonna rock it." Because in the end, we haven't done sh*t on the field yet to allow for such thinking. And it isn't just the team...It's individual players piece by piece that we keep "seeing" way more light at the end of the tunnel than any observable evidence has provided us to do so.

I dunno...I think you're the one in the bubble man. Go post on another team's forum and see how many people think we're going to compete with the Twins and the other big dogs in the AL over the next 3-5 years....not just this upcoming one. You'll probably get some positive response not based on true belief, but parroting what has been read/conveyed is my guess. As far as I'm concerned, there's a lot of question mark surrounding this team...Many acknowledge it generally, but when you start breaking it down piece by piece, player by player...The truth starts to show itself on what the anticipation is. Underlying arrogance perhaps? Maybe I'm being unfair with the usage of that word. But it's more than typical fan optimism. We're expecting prolonged consistent winning. The proverbial cart before the horse. We'll see.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not a good time for me to announce my 62nd straight prediction for a White Sox World Championship.

The real deal is - the Sox have an actual serious team - the first in about a decade it seems.

Last time I started a magic number thread on a sports forum (on opening day mind you), we won the World Series. I don't have the balls to do it this year...but we may have to set something up for 2021, since the juggernaut is coming.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm guessing the forum is WSI... I mainly lurk there...have had an account on there for God knows how many years...15? Nothing on there is really that mind-blowing tbh. I mainly go on there for the nostalgia because you get a lot of cool old school posts that bring me back to my Chicago days.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing the forum is WSI... I mainly lurk there...have had an account on there for God knows how many years...15? Nothing on there is really that mind-blowing tbh. I mainly go on there for the nostalgia because you get a lot of cool old school posts that bring me back to my Chicago days.

Same situation over there for me. Registered, but usually lurk. There are like 20 moderators and they are brutal.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jiddy's gone off the deep end. There's no turning back for him.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

source.gif

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I read somewhere (so it must be true) that every identifiable human social group is represented by a different character in Winnie the Pooh. In regards to that I say - I am no Eeyore.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only thing i like about this is that it shouldn't affect his motivation. he'll be young enough at the end he'll still be looking for more.
The kid plays hard. If asked which player I look forward to actually watching, it would be Moncada.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kid plays hard. If asked which player I look forward to actually watching, it would be Moncada.
Out of the existing extensions the Sox have given, this was the most no-brainer one and my personal favorite. And we actually got him at a very fair price to boot. I love the foundation that's in place here.