• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sox jerk wang-maintain AL east dominance:C's trade Pierce, KG, and Terry

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL - 2007 Pats still wonder what might have been - ESPN

good read

It's almost as if an asterisk exists: 18-1*. The 2007 Patriots were not only the most entertaining team of the 21st century, not only the most dominant, not only the luckiest and unluckiest, but also the most epically conflicted. They won with selfless class and with a bloodthirsty resolve for running up the score. They won with a historic offense and with an unappreciated defense, the opposite of how they had won Super Bowls. They won as a unified team, yet became a divisive force. They won without cheating, as far as we know, but Bill Belichick and Robert Kraft were fined a combined $750,000 for years of cheating, and so their overall record and the records they set seem tainted in the eyes of some fans, like a home run mark. They won games when Tom Brady threw six touchdown passes and they won games when he threw three interceptions. They won despite -- and under the weight of -- their own winning. They won all of their games in September and October and November and December and January. They won so much that you had to appreciate them, even if you hated them, because you can't discuss the greatest teams in NFL history without mentioning them. In fact, they won so much that some players think that they damn well could have won it all -- if only they had lost.
THE CENTURY'S MOST COMPELLING TEAMS

ESPN.com revisits five of the most compelling NFL teams since Y2K:
Monday: 2001 St. Louis Rams
Tuesday: 2011 Denver Broncos
Wednesday: 2004 Philadelphia Eagles
Thursday: 2010 Minnesota Vikings
Friday: 2007 New England Patriots

May 2007, minicamp
Brady's 2006 season was one of the hardest, and one of the best, of his career. He was angry that star wide receiver Deion Branch had been traded to the Seahawks after a contract dispute. But with a grab bag of receivers -- Reche Caldwell, Jabar Gaffney -- he nearly led the Patriots to the Super Bowl before losing to the eventual champion Colts in the AFC title game. So Belichick, for the first time in Brady's career, set out to acquire bona fide weapons. He traded for Randy Moss and Wes Welker and signed free agent Donte Stallworth. Fans had always wondered: What could Brady do with an all-star cast? Now they would find out.
Stallworth: First meeting of the year, right after the draft, Belichick said, "We're all losers. None of you were on the Colts." And then the first play he shows is Brady throwing an incomplete pass. He says, "Johnny from Foxborough High could hit that pass." I was sitting next to Randy, kind of slouched over. We both sat up straight.
Brady: That's where all this "Humble Pie" started. We'd have these meetings where Belichick was serving us humble pie. That's his coaching style. It's everything that you do wrong. He's just constantly on you.
Rosevelt Colvin (linebacker): When I first got to the Patriots, I thought Brady was cocky, thought he was a little overrated. I found out he was a competitor. The quarterbacks do a drill where they have a net and four squares, and they throw to different spots. He's in there throwing, and he's pretty close. I say, "If you're supposed to be as good as you say ..." He laughed and said, "If you think you can do it, let's make a bet. Step up." It's a 35-yard throw, and I sunk it. We bet $100, and he paid me in all $1 bills."
Brady: When I lose, I make it a little difficult.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh

And Melky goes on the DL

The Heatwave jinx

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good test for Webster tonight

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good test for Webster tonight

Here's to hoping my gut was right and that last outing he was just dealing with some jitters in that 1st inning..

I like how he settled in after though, shows he's got some toughness at least...

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im bored

entertain me

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think you and i have done a lot of e-fridays before holidays and holiday weeks. this seems like one of them.

im here next week to

m-w-t

no one else really here, we are in shut down...office folks still come in like me

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BNTnB3eCQAEVO81.jpg-large-500x376.jpeg

RedSoxWorrld

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im here next week to

m-w-t

no one else really here, we are in shut down...office folks still come in like me

im out all next week

not sure who will miss me more

dirt or hammer

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im here next week to

m-w-t

it's the only week i get to take off because it is THAT slow
and as it goes right now, i still have to possibly work tomorrow if i don't get this chit done today.

RedSoxWorrld

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rock, is that the Uno-corn?