• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sox and Tribe Weekend Series 8/7-8/9

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grandal has a history of PBs - that derives from his low ball framing skill set. To frame low balls Grandal has to hold his glove in a position to flip the glove up into the zone after the catch, but that is a bad place for fielding balls in the dirt.

It's way too early to have a verdict on his contract - IMO.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grandal has a history of PBs - that derives from his low ball framing skill set. To frame low balls Grandal has to hold his glove in a position to flip the glove up into the zone after the catch, but that is a bad place for fielding balls in the dirt.

It's way too early to have a verdict on his contract - IMO.

No it isn't...I have a VERY DEFINITIVE verdict on his contract personally...but not in the way you're looking at it.

His contract combined with our injuries is, at the current moment, just murdering us.

Grandal needs to be moved down in the batting order. Like...yesterday. He's not good enough, ESPECIALLY to bat cleanup ffs. Sorry if any of you are personal fans, but he should not be placed ahead of any of these people in the order: Anderson/Moncada/Abreu/Robert/Jimenez/Encarnacion. The last of which is the only one even debatable in my book. Injuries have played a part in his being further up in the lineup I'm sure...but I'm not sold our manager/front office aren't going to keep plowing this guy into the heart of our order.

So...The punchline? Why do, and why will, we keep getting Grandal in the top 5 of our order?

Because of his contract.

The optics of putting the highest paid player in franchise history in the 6-9 spots makes them look stupid. (As it should honestly)

So yeah, the early verdict is the contract is f*cking killing us...*winks at Mingo*...INTANGIBLY.

But on the real...This guy taking at bats from the real core of this team during a step-up season where we want them to get as much experience as possible. This is really starting to piss me off. The Sox need to swallow their pride, accept that fans and mediots in my camp are going to poke at the Bear because he's our highest paid player, and move his ass down in the order.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it isn't...I have a VERY DEFINITIVE verdict on his contract personally...but not in the way you're looking at it.

His contract combined with our injuries is, at the current moment, just murdering us.

Grandal needs to be moved down in the batting order. Like...yesterday. He's not good enough, ESPECIALLY to bat cleanup ffs. Sorry if any of you are personal fans, but he should not be placed ahead of any of these people in the order: Anderson/Moncada/Abreu/Robert/Jimenez/Encarnacion. The last of which is the only one even debatable in my book. Injuries have played a part in his being further up in the lineup I'm sure...but I'm not sold our manager/front office aren't going to keep plowing this guy into the heart of our order.

So...The punchline? Why do, and why will, we keep getting Grandal in the top 5 of our order?

Because of his contract.

The optics of putting the highest paid player in franchise history in the 6-9 spots makes them look stupid. (As it should honestly)

So yeah, the early verdict is the contract is f*cking killing us...*winks at Mingo*...INTANGIBLY.

But on the real...This guy taking at bats from the real core of this team during a step-up season where we want them to get as much experience as possible. This is really starting to piss me off. The Sox need to swallow their pride, accept that fans and mediots in my camp are going to poke at the Bear because he's our highest paid player, and move his ass down in the order.

It has to be the contract? That is a rather long stretch. I don't disagree about moving him down in the order at the moment.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has to be the contract? That is a rather long stretch. I don't disagree about moving him down in the order at the moment.

I have zero doubt that the optics of having this guy be the highest paid in franchise history will continue resulting him being placed higher up in the order. Which means his presence is harming us in the most important factor in a growing team...learning to win.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have zero doubt that the optics of having this guy be the highest paid in franchise history will continue resulting him being placed higher up in the order. Which means his presence is harming us in the most important factor in a growing team...learning to win.

don't you just love a team being operated via optics (and i need to throw in 'loyalty' here)?

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't you just love a team being operated via optics (and i need to throw in 'loyalty' here)?

Nothing has changed from initial reaction when we signed him. We paid big for a frosting player. Really thats not that big a deal cuz Its not a mega contract and to hell if Im gonna stress about Reinsdorfs money. And on the positive note even with his contract I doubt it hinders Jerry from spending more if he thinks we’re close. BUT, as far as the current goes? We’re treating a guy that is frosting as if hes the cake. Thats a recipe for disaster if it continues.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait...Did that just say Grandal was at first base? I missed the first half inning eating dinner.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was nasty

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well my espn feed is behind because I got the homer notification 3 pitches before it played out.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ on my phone from mlb app that is

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:(

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fernando Tatis Jr has 8 dongs...wow

Oh man what were we thinking?

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is just loving on us right now...I dont know how to handle that lol

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because of his contract.

We've played 15 games without a spring training beforehand. He's working with a brand new pitching staff. He was the best offensive catcher in baseball last season and the 2nd best defensively behind only Realmuto last season. He's a 2x all-star renowned for his defense and OBP/power.

Just shut the fuck up. Good lord. lol

Just last week Grandal had a 7 for 14 stretch and I could have just as easily hollered about how good the contract is. But I didn't... because I'm not a knee jerk reactionary moron.

You sound like an absolute bozo. 15 game sample size... in baseball... when this guy has played for what? 8 years? And you've made up your mind on a contract based on that? Fucking god all mighty. Put a bullet in my head with you and Iddy.

I am going to eventually have another clean slate with you. Because I love you. But I can't right now... this is your dumbest all-time moment.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's what happens when you don't throw strikes.

McCann sucks. Not going right at these weak bottom of the order hitters.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't bet on us to score again if I got 100/1 odds.

We just need to run into one again.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine judging players entire worth by every week long stretch.

By your logic Francisco Lindor, Christian Yelich, Gary Sanchez, Pete Alonso, and many other elite players are not worth a contract due to their 15 game start.

Incomprehensible stupidity @Jiddy

We are talking all-time level troll shit.