• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sources - Rams to L.A.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom line for a team to successful in LA they have to win. There are to many other things for people to do with their money. Especially if they want to spend it tickets to sporting events. They can go to Dodgers & Clippers games & watch winning teams. The Rams need a QB in a bad way. How they get one probably won't be easy.

As a Chargers fan I'm happy about the outcome. There are so many things I would have done differently in the past decade plus when it comes to the roster it's scary. It seems like every year the Chargers roster loses talent & it isn't replaced. It doesn't help when the current GM uses a 1st round pick on a RB. I don't see the Chargers getting much better anytime soon because I don't trust the people making the player personnel decisions to make the right decisions. A bad team in LA is doomed to fail. That's why I have no problem with the Rams getting their proposal approved.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alex Flanagan–
upload_2016-1-13_17-58-18.gifVerified account ‏@Alex_Flanagan
NFL has framework of a stadium deal between the rams/chargers. Chargers vetting it now and barring anything unforeseen, plan on going to LA
2:46 PM - 13 Jan 2016

Attachments

• upload_2016-1-13_17-58-18.gif
    upload_2016-1-13_17-58-18.gif
    52 bytes · Views: 13

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Various reporters have been desperately trying to be the first to break that story all day long. I'll believe it when I see it.

If Spanos thought San Diegans hated him now, wait until he bypasses the chance at one final year of negotiations.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad day for San Diego - not finding any Chargers fans willing to relocate their allegiance so far. Looks like they're looking for another close by team to root for. Rams, Cardinals etc... Spanos has done a bang up job of alienating the region.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:frusty:

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the type of post that should get 18 bs grades and 5 rainbows. You're wrong on both accounts.

Kroenke walked away from the negotiating table in STL years ago. Everyone saw this coming. STL and the state of MO ponied up the cash for a new stadium. Kroenke rejected it for one reason: LA is the best market in the US in terms of where it is now and where it will be 20 years from now. Its not fair to have ANY city try to compete against that in pure market terms. Its the reason why LA gave Pujols a stupid contract. The LA market is a behemoth compared to all but a couple of markets.

Missouri put together a great stadium deal. They got a lot of rich people who were worried about the perception that St. Louis was a dying City to put in big money. They got $400+ Million in private investment and a huge stadium naming deal.

But at the end of the day, the everyday support in St. Louis just wasn't there. If you didn't see apathy in the City and Metro, then you were being willfully ignorant.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt man, I've seen at least 5 " Chargers to LA official " tweets today. Scott Kaplan and Vincent Bonsignore have been the most dependable/accurate so far. Kevin Acee has thought they're moving for 6 months now, and still says they're most likely moving.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt man, I've seen at least 5 " Chargers to LA official " tweets today. Scott Kaplan and Vincent Bonsignore have been the most dependable/accurate so far. Kevin Acee has thought they're moving for 6 months now, and still says they're most likely moving.
It's gonna be like this for some time, but I'm willing to deal with these false reports if they never move there.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,471.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if the Chargers and Rams end up in LA what does the league do with the divisions?

Leave them as is. If the Raiders and Chargers had ended up in LA sharing a stadium......they would have needed to flip one of them to the NFC.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But at the end of the day, the everyday support in St. Louis just wasn't there. If you didn't see apathy in the City and Metro, then you were being willfully ignorant.
I figure that being willfully ignorant is just a natural symptom of being a sports fan. Truth be told as much as I wanted the Rams, I'm actually more against the new stadium that was being proposed. I don't think cities should feel like they need a sports team to be relevant.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has been a good day for Los Angeles football fans. I personally don't watch football much if any at all, but I will gladly welcome the Los Angeles Rams back to Los Angeles over the San Diego Charges or the Oakland Raiders. The Raiders led by Al Davis wanted to leave Oakland, and successfully sued the NFL for that right and came to Los Angeles, then because Oakland offered him a better deal went back. The bay area needs a good football team and the Raiders need to stay down there just as the Chargers need to stay down in San Diego. In fact I wish the Los Angeles Clippers would join them in San Diego. I will acknowledge that according to the spin by ESPN, Al Davis left Los Angeles because the NFL was going to force him to allow another football team to play in the same stadium. If that was true, I could see his point, but since Al Davis was in my opinion somewhat crooked, I expect that was a lie to spin it. At the time Los Angeles already had two team teams with the Raiders and Rams, so it's hard to picture the NFL wanting to add an expansion team in the same city. Three teams would be a waste.