• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sources: Danny Ferry out as GM of Hawks

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Source

"The Atlanta Hawks have reached a buyout agreement with general manager Danny Ferry, with current head coach Mike Budenholzer also assuming the role of head of basketball operations under the title of team president, league sources confirmed Thursday."

Oh, and some guy called Wes Wilcox is going to be the new GM.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strange that they fire a guy after he cobbled together a really successful roster this last season.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strange that they fire a guy after he cobbled together a really successful roster this last season.

It was because of that idiotic scandal about Luol Deng. I agree the scouting report that he read aloud (that was authored by a scout outside of the Hawks organization, I should probably add) should never have been read aloud, but I can't believe we're getting rid of the best GM we've probably ever had over it. I think he should be on probation for it (like, it if happens again, then fire him), but I don't think he should lose his job over it, although he did get a pay day anyway.

Danny Ferry rebuilt the Hawks. He somehow found a way to trade Joe Johnson and his horrible contract. Hell, not only did he find a way to get rid of him, but he fucking raped the Nets in that deal. We're getting the 15th overall pick in the draft because of that trade. He got rid of Marvin Williams' awful contract as well, signed Kyle Korver, Paul Millsap, retained Teague to a bargain contract, brought Mike Budenholzer to Atlanta, and has done other things that have culminated into our first ever sixty-win season.

And we're getting rid of him.

The only problem I could see with keeping Ferry is players not wanting to play for the Hawks simply because of that incident, although I don't know how many players out there think Ferry is a racist.

I just hope the new guy learned a lot while working under Ferry.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had entirely forgot about that incident. Didn't realize the cause and effect at play here.

That really is a shame.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had entirely forgot about that incident. Didn't realize the cause and effect at play here.

That really is a shame.

I have a feeling he'll get work again real soon. There are teams out there that would love to have a guy that's shown he can turn a franchise around.