• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Source: Forte's knees are a significant issue in contract negotiations

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago has the right to play it safe... but I hope they aren't aholes next season and block Forte from hitting the open market without any intention of giving him a long-term deal worth the money he deserves for a second year in a row.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forte's durability should not even be in question. He looked alright to me pulling that
100lb sled up the hill? This all negotiating tactics.

This is unfortunately the shitty business part of the game. From the Bears perspective...is he worth it? Sure he's a great player, but with the leverage added by acquiring Michael Bush AND Brandon Marshall (their passing game figures to be a bit better) would you give him a top tier contract?? Forte is a stud, but if there is one downfall to his game, its short yardage situations, and subsequently his lack of TD's. Last year showed me that CUTLER is the MVP on Offense, NOT Forte. I really like the kid, and really wish he'd settle for something fair, but to be honest, I don't think you'd see a drastic drop off, with Bush and Bell towing the rock. That said, I hope they get something figured out.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forte's durability should not even be in question. He looked alright to me pulling that
100lb sled up the hill? This all negotiating tactics.

What does one run with a sled have to do with a degenerative condition?

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And people wonder why players holdout. The guy was trying to do the right thing and play even though he was upset with his contract and deserved another one, he got injured and now they are using it against him.

He easily could have pulled a Chris Johnson and completely screwed those guys but he chose to take the high road. Stuff like this shows people that doing the right thing hurts you in the end.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does a degenerative condition hinder "contract" negotiations? It is a contract for Christsakes. Plug in the appropriate performance escalators and protective clauses and gitter done! And if it is first year guaranteed and/or signing bonus your worried about - I would argue that is money owed for services rendered. I honestly don't get this excuse at all.