• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Somebody had the balls...

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to offer me Kyle Seager & Rafael Betancourt for Michael Wacha :laugh3:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to offer me Kyle Seager & Rafael Betancourt for Michael Wacha :laugh3:

Not sure why that offends you. Wacha has made 1 start. I guarantee that he is not as good as he looked in that one. He could end up proving to be good, but when some of his injured teammates get healthy, back to the minors he goes. He has the talent to stick, it just isn't very likely.

You might not like Betancourt and Seager, but that looks like a good deal to me. Making a similar deal for a marginal RP that you like better could really help your team long term.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why that offends you. Wacha has made 1 start. I guarantee that he is not as good as he looked in that one. He could end up proving to be good, but when some of his injured teammates get healthy, back to the minors he goes. He has the talent to stick, it just isn't very likely.

You might not like Betancourt and Seager, but that looks like a good deal to me. Making a similar deal for a marginal RP that you like better could really help your team long term.

In addition to Wacha Ive got a damn good pitching staff already: Buchholtz, Kershaw, Moore, Sale, Grimm, Wilhelmsen (bench: Gonzalez, Hudson, Gausman)

IMO Betancourt is a little too marginal & Ive got Reynolds & Dominguez for 3rd

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying you should make the deal, I am just pointing out that it looks more than fair to an unbiased third party (me). If you like Wacha, keep him. Just recognize that now might be a really good time to flip him if you have needs elsewhere.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In addition to Wacha Ive got a damn good pitching staff already: Buchholtz, Kershaw, Moore, Sale, Grimm, Wilhelmsen (bench: Gonzalez, Hudson, Gausman)

IMO Betancourt is a little too marginal & Ive got Reynolds & Dominguez for 3rd

Actually, I think Wacha's got a decent chance to stick around for awhile, but with your staff he makes a helluva trade chip. Maybe not for Seager and Betancourt, but i'd shop that sucka around and see what I could get.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had another crazy offer in another league: Shelby Miller for Verlander. Millers good but JVs gold

Cant figure what these guys are thinking, other then that Im clueless

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Tlance here..but like Chef says, shop him see what else is out there..maybe you'll be surprised that this offer wasn't that far off from what your league is willing to offer, perhaps you score big? Always a crap shoot when dealing unproven prospects, and personal preference plays a big part in perceived value

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying you should make the deal, I am just pointing out that it looks more than fair to an unbiased third party (me). If you like Wacha, keep him. Just recognize that now might be a really good time to flip him if you have needs elsewhere.

My most glaring need is at SS. Got Castro but hes not producing at a very high level. Might send that need out there & see who I could get for Wacha

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had another crazy offer in another league: Shelby Miller for Verlander. Millers good but JVs gold

Fishin' for Verlander...I admire that. :fish2:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and I also agree with Tlance that Seager and Betancourt's a good haul for Wacha, but you obviously don't need 'em.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fishin' for Verlander...I admire that. :fish2:

:bounce:

The same person that offered Seager & Betancourt (Fore from cBS maybe u know her) has Juan Segura at SS. Maybe Ill counter her offer (Segura for Wacha) & see if she bites

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I offered that up in a CBS league(are you Burning River?). I wouldn't call that offer "crazy". Shelby is pitching great right now. JV isn't pitching like his normal self, and hasn't all year. Even his average velocity is down. Shelby even has more points than JV right now, even if it is only a mere 5. :)

Shelby's ERA is 2.02, a .97 whip, 5-3 record, and 65 K's, compared to Verlander's 3.68 ERA, 1.36 whip, 6-4 record and 82 K's. Pretty comparable if you ask me, hence why I offered it in the CBS league, and far far from crazy. I was simply banking on a turn around by Verlander, but was content keeping Miller for the remainder of the year if I had to.

Not sure why you're taking this so badly, the offer isn't a crazy one. Hopefully the above post enable you to become less clueless.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the offer Im talking about was in my Browns Friends league (forgot you made the same offer) - same guy that keeps scooping up all available 2-starters & putting up 12 PSRs to everybody elses 6 or 7

Re your trade offer - if you would of put up Chatwood or Ryu for JV I probly would have bit

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the offer Im talking about was in my Browns Friends league (forgot you made the same offer) - same guy that keeps scooping up all available 2-starters & putting up 12 PSRs to everybody elses 6 or 7

Re your trade offer - if you would of put up Chatwood or Ryu for JV I probly would have bit

FYI,

Shelby Miller is more valuable than Ryu and Chatwood combined. I would not deal Verlander for him, but Miller has outpitched JV by a landslide early on.

As for Segura, you would have to offer a Buckholz or Moore type pitcher to have a shot at landing him. He is a top 10 overall player YTD. I do not think that the power is for real, but you will have to pay to acquire him now. Don't waste your time with a Wacha offer. That really is a terribly one-sided offer.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryu is killing it also. The Dodgers didn't shell out all that money just to get some middle of the road pitcher. Dude has the tools.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as we speak(type) Shelby is throwing a 4-hit shutout. Just sayin. ;)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryu is killing it also. The Dodgers didn't shell out all that money just to get some middle of the road pitcher. Dude has the tools.

Ryu is good. He just is not as good as Miller. Chatwood is a replacement level player.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's jut as talented as Miller. But as it is, I have both in all leagues so I don't need to worry about any of it. ;)