• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some positivity/hippie bullsh*t

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I've been thinking about this team, which is scuffling, and realizing that this is still by far the most fun era of watching the Giants, ever. We are a dynasty, we are in the middle of one.

And a unique one too. How many teams win a ring, then miss the playoffs the next year? Probably a few, not that special (Boston 2013 to 2014 for example, and probably KC last year to now). But then do it again? And then a third freaking time? Uh, no that don't happen.

And even the ring year trio, we were never the overwhelming Godzilla team storming into the playoffs (Cubs now, Yankees in the 90s)....instead the underdog in every series, but then handling our shit.

So let's get the positive vibe going, this is fun, pennant race vs the Dodgers in September....we got this! This is my favorite team in my favorite sport and they have delivered for the fans a shit ton lately.

I'm just saying we got 'em exactly where we want 'em! :nod:

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!
:hellno:

EYIAT (Even Year Is A Thing) :hope:

:suds::clap::2cents::thumb::D

(enough positive hippie shit for ya?)

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha! I knew I'd catch some shit for my BoB impersonation but what can I say? I'm having more fun as a Giants fan these last few years than ever before. This is pennant race time and we are very relevant. Wasn't always the case years ago.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I've been thinking about this team, which is scuffling, and realizing that this is still by far the most fun era of watching the Giants, ever. We are a dynasty, we are in the middle of one.

And a unique one too. How many teams win a ring, then miss the playoffs the next year? Probably a few, not that special (Boston 2013 to 2014 for example, and probably KC last year to now). But then do it again? And then a third freaking time? Uh, no that don't happen.

And even the ring year trio, we were never the overwhelming Godzilla team storming into the playoffs (Cubs now, Yankees in the 90s)....instead the underdog in every series, but then handling our shit.

So let's get the positive vibe going, this is fun, pennant race vs the Dodgers in September....we got this! This is my favorite team in my favorite sport and they have delivered for the fans a shit ton lately.

I'm just saying we got 'em exactly where we want 'em! :nod:

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!
:hellno:

EYIAT (Even Year Is A Thing) :hope:

:suds::clap::2cents::thumb::D

(enough positive hippie shit for ya?)
Good on ya, MSG. Thanks for sharing.

I do assume that your line about the Germans bombing Pearl Harbor was intentional.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good on ya, MSG. Thanks for sharing.

I do assume that your line about the Germans bombing Pearl Harbor was intentional.

You're not a big fan of the movie Animal House?

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya forgot the picks to click. :pound:

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you just know that we will be heading into the final series vs the Dogs tied with them? I think it's a lock.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha! I knew I'd catch some shit for my BoB impersonation but what can I say? I'm having more fun as a Giants fan these last few years than ever before. This is pennant race time and we are very relevant. Wasn't always the case years ago.
This.

In March, all I really hope for is a meaningful September. We've been pretty lucky for the past couple of decades. Since 1997, we've been relevant in September 16/20 years. I tend to forget that mid-game when the SP fails, but this org has lived up to its end of the bargain.

September baseball is the best.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This.

In March, all I really hope for is a meaningful September. We've been pretty lucky for the past couple of decades. Since 1997, we've been relevant in September 16/20 years. I tend to forget that mid-game when the SP fails, but this org has lived up to its end of the bargain.

Those 4 years made it feel like decades before 2009 gave some hope.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And even the ring year trio, we were never the overwhelming Godzilla team storming into the playoffs (Cubs now, Yankees in the 90s)....

I'll definitely agree with that. In fact, I'll take it a step further and say that in none of the recent SF championship years were they the best team in baseball, and a strong case could be made that in at least one of the years, they were the worst team to make the playoffs.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll definitely agree with that. In fact, I'll take it a step further and say that in none of the recent SF championship years were they the best team in baseball, and a strong case could be made that in at least one of the years, they were the worst team to make the playoffs.

An even stronger case can be made that the Indians and their fans would sell their left nuts to have what the Giants have.

To me the best team in baseball is the one with the shiny rings. That's the best one to be a fan of anyway.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This.

Wrong! October baseball is the best! :D

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An even stronger case can be made that the Indians and their fans would sell their left nuts to have what the Giants have.

To me the best team in baseball is the one with the shiny rings. That's the best one to be a fan of anyway.

Sorry I hurt your feelings.