• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We really need both to sure up the o-line. That was a huge weakness for us last year.
Collins looks to be looking for redemption. He looks to be in good shape if the OTA are any indicator. The offense was potent with Dak at QB in 2020 and it will be much better this season as long as the OL is healthy.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Randy Gregory Eager To Put His Past Behind Him​

"In my past, I had a lot of time to myself not being with the team," Gregory said of the time that he was serving suspensions or when his status was in limbo. "That was a tough time. Being around the guys in the locker room, day to day, week to week, being around the coaches, it kind of just gives me a purpose."

Personally I think he's going to stay clean, at least for this season, and if he stays clean through next off season I think he'll stay clean until his career is done.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows. Not much has changed with Gregory but the calendar. There are always going to be some struggles when there is some mental illness and the change in the CBA rules about pot isn't the only issue. The guy has always had talent and still does. Maybe this is the year...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In what world is Jaylon fetching the Cowboys a 2nd round pick in a trade? Who writes this stuff? I'm not 100% sure he'd get us a 5th in return with that contract and his tape. He would cost new team $7M in 2021 and goes up to $9M in 2022 so I guess maybe a team might give up something knowing they can cut him with no cap hit and maybe recoup something in terms of a comp pick. Most Cowboys fans want him cut if he doesn't play much better than the last two years. Then they have us trading LVE for a 3rd. Even though he is on the last year of his deal he is worth much more than Jaylon in a trade. He only costs a team about $2M in salary and can easily be fit under most team's caps.

Houston Texans​

13 OF 32

1. d96e8317327bb5fea28b683f204d0ab5_crop_exact.jpg

Roger Steinman/Associated Press
    Offer: 2022 Second-Round pick for Cowboys LB Jaylon Smith
    Owners of the league's most extensive rebuild, the Houston Texans need to work the phones more than any other team in the hunt for talent.
    Given the understood desperation of Houston's predicament, the Texans will probably have to end up overpaying for anything they do. That could be mitigated a bit by going to a team like Dallas and offering to inhale a whale of a contract.
    Cowboys linebacker Jaylon Smith is a good example. Dallas just added a first-round linebacker and still rosters Vander Esch, so offering to take Smith's six-year contract with the $68.4 million signed in 2019 might sound pretty appealing to Dallas.
    Granted, Smith was a dud in Dallas' new system last year to the tune of a 54.2 Pro Football Focus grade, but if Houston believes he'll get back to form in its defense, the asset sacrifice and contract acquired will be worth the risk.

Los Angeles Rams​

19 OF 32

1. Emilee Chinn/Associated Press
    Offer: 2022 2nd-Round Pick for Cowboys LB Jaylon Smith
    Matthew Stafford's arrival means the Los Angeles Rams hope improved firepower on the offensive side of the ball can carry along the defense for a contention ride.
    But the trade market might have a way to help that Rams defense improve, too.
    If the Rams wanted to upgrade the linebacker spot behind the Aaron Donald-led defensive line, for example, they could be another team that hits up Dallas about Jaylon Smith.
    Down season or not in a new scheme last year, Smith still has some huge upside and would be an upgrade on guys like Micah Kiser, who had a 40.0 PFF grade last season. In fact, it would be pretty fun to see him spread his wings behind a player like Donald in what would be suddenly improved surroundings, provided the Rams are comfortable coughing up a big asset to make the trade happen.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In what world is Jaylon fetching the Cowboys a 2nd round pick in a trade? Who writes this stuff? I'm not 100% sure he'd get us a 5th in return with that contract and his tape. He would cost new team $7M in 2021 and goes up to $9M in 2022 so I guess maybe a team might give up something knowing they can cut him with no cap hit and maybe recoup something in terms of a comp pick. Most Cowboys fans want him cut if he doesn't play much better than the last two years. Then they have us trading LVE for a 3rd. Even though he is on the last year of his deal he is worth much more than Jaylon in a trade. He only costs a team about $2M in salary and can easily be fit under most team's caps.

Houston Texans​

13 OF 32

Owners of the league's most extensive rebuild, the Houston Texans need to work the phones more than any other team in the hunt for talent.
    Given the understood desperation of Houston's predicament, the Texans will probably have to end up overpaying for anything they do. That could be mitigated a bit by going to a team like Dallas and offering to inhale a whale of a contract.
    Cowboys linebacker Jaylon Smith is a good example. Dallas just added a first-round linebacker and still rosters Vander Esch, so offering to take Smith's six-year contract with the $68.4 million signed in 2019 might sound pretty appealing to Dallas.
    Granted, Smith was a dud in Dallas' new system last year to the tune of a 54.2 Pro Football Focus grade, but if Houston believes he'll get back to form in its defense, the asset sacrifice and contract acquired will be worth the risk.

Los Angeles Rams​

19 OF 32

Matthew Stafford's arrival means the Los Angeles Rams hope improved firepower on the offensive side of the ball can carry along the defense for a contention ride.
    If the Rams wanted to upgrade the linebacker spot behind the Aaron Donald-led defensive line, for example, they could be another team that hits up Dallas about Jaylon Smith.
    Down season or not in a new scheme last year, Smith still has some huge upside and would be an upgrade on guys like Micah Kiser, who had a 40.0 PFF grade last season. In fact, it would be pretty fun to see him spread his wings behind a player like Donald in what would be suddenly improved surroundings, provided the Rams are comfortable coughing up a big asset to make the trade happen.
If LVE says healthy and does well I would not mind seeing him back. I am not confident Jaylon plays better

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Randy Gregory Eager To Put His Past Behind Him​

"In my past, I had a lot of time to myself not being with the team," Gregory said of the time that he was serving suspensions or when his status was in limbo. "That was a tough time. Being around the guys in the locker room, day to day, week to week, being around the coaches, it kind of just gives me a purpose."

Personally I think he's going to stay clean, at least for this season, and if he stays clean through next off season I think he'll stay clean until his career is done.
Gregory should have been the starter last season. He is the best pure pass rusher . If he stays out of trouble i see him getting 10 sacks at least. He is not bad against the run either

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gregory should have been the starter last season. He is the best pure pass rusher . If he stays out of trouble i see him getting 10 sacks at least. He is not bad against the run either
Gregory's issue is himself. I hope he beats his demons, not just for now and the Cowboys, but for life and himself.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Houston Texans​

13 OF 32

Los Angeles Rams​

19 OF 32

I am a fan of Jaylon but if we got a 2nd for him I wouldn't mind wishing him the BEST of luck on the new team.

I do not want to see LVE go at this point.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still kinda hoping we keep Gallup & let Cooper leave. Considering age & potential usefulness of the next contracts between the two. Even if Cooper does outperform this year.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still kinda hoping we keep Gallup & let Cooper leave. Considering age & potential usefulness of the next contracts between the two. Even if Cooper does outperform this year.
I will wait and see how the season plays out before I pick one over the other. I don't think Gallop is better then a healthy Cooper. The key for me is Cooper's health and Gallop dropping less passes and can he take his game to the next level.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will wait and see how the season plays out before I pick one over the other. I don't think Gallop is better then a healthy Cooper. The key for me is Cooper's health and Gallop dropping less passes and can he take his game to the next level.
I do not think Gallup is better than a healthy Cooper, but in a cap world I would rather replace Cooper at a cap hit of $22M per year going forward with Gallup at a cap hit of (guessing) somewhere around almost $10M less per year :scratch:. Much of my willingness to do this is because I think Lamb going forward will soon be better than both of them and I'm happy with a #1b or #2 guy next to him and cap space to use elsewhere. 3 really good WRs is a luxury when you pay your QB $40M, your RB $15M and 3 of your OL over $10M per. You just can't pay everyone :2cents:

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not think Gallup is better than a healthy Cooper, but in a cap world I would rather replace Cooper at a cap hit of $22M per year going forward with Gallup at a cap hit of (guessing) somewhere around almost $10M less per year :scratch:. Much of my willingness to do this is because I think Lamb going forward will soon be better than both of them and I'm happy with a #1b or #2 guy next to him and cap space to use elsewhere. 3 really good WRs is a luxury when you pay your QB $40M, your RB $15M and 3 of your OL over $10M per. You just can't pay everyone :2cents:
I think Gallup will get paid quite a bit in FA. Likely more than the Cowboys can afford. So I am good letting Gallup hit FA and getting a good comp pick.

I truly believe Simi was drafted to replace Gallup in 2022. The only issue with Simi is he is raw. He is strictly a body catcher,which is not good when it comes to 50/50 balls. If he can be coached up and learn to catch the ball with his hands? You got a weapon.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network is showing that ‘07 playoff game vs. Giants. To this day my heart still sinks in disbelief over that Patrick Clayton drop, he couldn’t been thrown a better pass.
Romo took some dumb sacks in this game. We have never been in a more prime position to get to the SB then that year in 26 years. Beat up Giants secondary and crapped the bed with best record in the NFC. One and done!!

Dak_&_Zeke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo took some dumb sacks in this game. We have never been in a more prime position to get to the SB then that year in 26 years. Beat up Giants secondary and crapped the bed with best record in the NFC. One and done!!
Yes that Giants secondary was beat to hell in the second half. Romo completes that pass to T.O. & Clayton makes that catch we host Green Bay that next week.

That game was a true heartbreaker. Almost the entire damn team made the pro-bowl that year; they win the super bowl they would’ve been regarded as a top 5 team all time I truly believe that.

Last edited: