• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm holding out hope that's there's still talent on this defense that a competent DC can bring back. Jaylon has a bag of rocks in his head but he is an athletic freak, let's see if Quinn can harness that. Lawrence, Vander Esch can be close to elite at 100%, Gregory can still have impact moments. Gallimore and Diggs I think can take big steps forward this year. Maybe I'm too glass half full but I think there's more talent on defense then we're giving them credit for.

I think we need to shore up the offensive line, which is why I want Slater at 10. If the offensive line holds up our offense will be good. Then I'm good going all defense after 10.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another guy I would bring in to kick the tires on. He has Howie move written all over him

Bengals released DT Geno Atkins.

It's the end of an era in Cincinnati, where Atkins -- the final holdover from the Marvin Lewis era -- played for 11 seasons. The Bengals continue to clear cap space, prompting questions about what they might do with said space. Atkins averaged 6.8 sacks per season during his time with the Bengals, and will surely get short-term offers from teams in need of interior defensive linemen. Atkins turns 33 on

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm holding out hope that's there's still talent on this defense that a competent DC can bring back. Jaylon has a bag of rocks in his head but he is an athletic freak, let's see if Quinn can harness that. Lawrence, Vander Esch can be close to elite at 100%, Gregory can still have impact moments. Gallimore and Diggs I think can take big steps forward this year. Maybe I'm too glass half full but I think there's more talent on defense then we're giving them credit for.

I think we need to shore up the offensive line, which is why I want Slater at 10. If the offensive line holds up our offense will be good. Then I'm good going all defense after 10.
Let's hope you are right and I totally agree there is a lot of merit to what you are saying, but didn't we hear the same thing when we cleared out Marinelli and Richard for Nolan and heck even when we brought in Marinelli? I think at some point the team needs to realizes our offseason plan of plucking mediocre guys other teams don't really want doesn't work on defense unless you have the playmakers as well. It's literally the same thing every year and the front office and fans get suckered in like we haven't watched this movie 10ish years in a row. Can it work? Of course, but it hasn't so far. Maybe this will be the year :hope:

Jaylon is supposed to be an athletic freak but he just isn't. He only has straight line speed, no lateral movement, no change of direction and is heavy footed. I admit I still think there is hope for him, but last year was just awful in every way. Even the idea he is a good pass rusher is a myth. He had some good rushes when unblocked a couple year ago but he has zero pass rush moves. Just runs straight ahead and if no one is in the way he gets pressure but that's about it.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the likelihood they're both on the field together? If they are the team better get to the QB in long before 3 seconds.
That is a good point. I think both Wilson and Neal are strong safeties, although Neal was used by Quinn as the nickle LB quite a bit. LVE certainly cant stay healthy so possibly they think Neal can fill in all over in this defense. Neal is versatile,but he is not a FS. To me Jaylon is terrible and should be benched. Neal is far more instinctive and plays smarter.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hope you are right and I totally agree there is a lot of merit to what you are saying, but didn't we hear the same thing when we cleared out Marinelli and Richard for Nolan and heck even when we brought in Marinelli? I think at some point the team needs to realizes our offseason plan of plucking mediocre guys other teams don't really want doesn't work on defense unless you have the playmakers as well. It's literally the same thing every year and the front office and fans get suckered in like we haven't watched this movie 10ish years in a row. Can it work? Of course, but it hasn't so far. Maybe this will be the year :hope:

Jaylon is supposed to be an athletic freak but he just isn't. He only has straight line speed, no lateral movement, no change of direction and is heavy footed. I admit I still think there is hope for him, but last year was just awful in every way. Even the idea he is a good pass rusher is a myth. He had some good rushes when unblocked a couple year ago but he has zero pass rush moves. Just runs straight ahead and if no one is in the way he gets pressure but that's about it.
I dont think Jaylon has straight line speed anymore either . He did not show it last season. His lack of straight line speed really showed up after he picked off Alex Smith. That should have been an easy pick six. Now was he slow cause he was tired? Maybe. I kind of hope the Cowboys can move up a little into the top of the 2nd round or even the bottom of 1st round to get a difference maker for the defense.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like Slater as well. I would take Sewell over him,but he wont get past the Bengals. Slater though is good and neither Smith or Collins can stay healthy. That said I want Horn or Surtain at 10. Especially if the Cowboys trade down 3 or 4 spots and get an extra 2nd rounder.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Slater as well. I would take Sewell over him,but he wont get past the Bengals. Slater though is good and neither Smith or Collins can stay healthy. That said I want Horn or Surtain at 10. Especially if the Cowboys trade down 3 or 4 spots and get an extra 2nd rounder.
A small trade back would be great, but I'd have no issue with Horn or Surtain for that matter at 10

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jaguars claimed WR Jon'Vea Johnson off waivers from the Cowboys.

Johnson spent last season on the practice squad after missing his rookie year to a shoulder injury. He reunites with ex-Cowboys WR coach Sanjay Lal in Jacksonville. The 2019 UDFA will compete for one of the Jaguars' final receiver spots.

No spot for him in Dallas but I think he can make a team.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ezekiel Elliott’s $12.4 million base salary in 2022 is now fully guaranteed, as is Jaylon Smith’s $7.2 million base salary this season. Without the details of Keanu Neal’s contract, the Cowboys have roughly $12.5 million in cap room, which means they will likely have to re-work another contract just to fit the rookie pool allocation. Since Elliott’s money is guaranteed through 2022, he could be a prime candidate for a restructure, which could open up more than $6 million this season.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read some good things about Ty Nsekhe, the OT we brought in. I really hadn't heard about him. On paper it looks like it was a pretty good signing at that price.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our skill positions on offense are top notch. All we need is for the offensive line to be adequate. Anything more than that is icing on the cake but as long as we're not getting blown up on every single play our offense should roll.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You Pitts guys are going to love this

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Farley is just now taking care of his back issue the week of his pro day after sitting out all of last season??

Holy shit that's a major red flag for me
Yep, my thoughts exactly. I won't be surprised if this drops him significantly in the draft, especially since he was a covid opt out.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Farley is just now taking care of his back issue the week of his pro day after sitting out all of last season??

Holy shit that's a major red flag for me
No doubt. It has to be a red flag for NFL teams as well. Hopefully somebody else drafts him before the Cowboys 2nd round selection.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason I'd be willing to draft Pitts at 10 is I think he could be like Kittle or Kelce.

He looks like a matchup nightmare.
He put up huge numbers against good competition.. I doubt he falls to 10 but if he does he could be the pick. There are 2 or 3 teams picking in front of cowboys that need help in the passing game.