• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some info/advice if you please

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Mother Nature conspired to keep me from making my usual one trip to an NHL game this season - Wild @ Jackets - I'm looking into the possibility of going to the Wild @ Red Wings game on 3/23. I've never been to Detroit before, & could use some general advice/overview of what to expect re: parking & ease (or lack thereof) of entry/departure from the area. Google Maps wants to route me up I75 from Toledo.

From what I can find, it looks like Arena parking lot is my only option: Would that be accurate or not?

Thanks in advance for your assistance. :)

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Mother Nature conspired to keep me from making my usual one trip to an NHL game this season - Wild @ Jackets - I'm looking into the possibility of going to the Wild @ Red Wings game on 3/23. I've never been to Detroit before, & could use some general advice/overview of what to expect re: parking & ease (or lack thereof) of entry/departure from the area. Google Maps wants to route me up I75 from Toledo.

From what I can find, it looks like Arena parking lot is my only option: Would that be accurate or not?

Thanks in advance for your assistance. :)

parking in and around the joe is quite a mess honestly. getting out after the game is always a pain. parking at the garage is $20 bucks i believe. but there are lots that are open to parking near the joe for cheaper if you don't mind a little bit of a walk

K

kengel6

parking in and around the joe is quite a mess honestly. getting out after the game is always a pain. parking at the garage is $20 bucks i believe. but there are lots that are open to parking near the joe for cheaper if you don't mind a little bit of a walk

If you don't park in Arena Parking, BRING A GUN.:agree:

tsawchuk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is simple. Park on the roof at Cobo Hall next door, take the escalators down, and walk one block. No problem.

Another tip, when your going up the ramp to the roof, there are three lanes. Before game time, two lanes will be open for entry, but 90% of folks stay in the right lane. Get in the center lane, & you will pass the other 90% lickety split.

I never thought of parking there being a mess, and I've gone to God knows how many games. Hundreds? I've always gotten in & out easy.

There are also shuttles running from a few restaurants around the downtown area. Sadly, since they razed the riverfront to the east, there are not as many as yesteryear. Eating at the Soup Kitchen before the game and taking the shuttle used to be my MO forever.