• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

some FA's We could look at in 2014

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't even get my head wrapped around FAs for 2014 at this point. It all depends on so much, including which of our own we lose. At a minimum, I don't see us re-signing both Rak and Jackson, but hoepefully Jenkins will minimize that loss. We most likely will lose Moss and Fletcher to retirement. ILB is a real concern for me in 2014. We have potential replacements, but they are not proven. I would love to see Sean Lee here for a couple of reasons. He's good and it screws the cowgirls. WR, not so much. I am hopeful both Hank and Morgan emerge as legit #2s and we re-sign Morgan.

The next area of concern is RT. We just don't have a good player there yet. Compton could emerge. Nixon could be a find. But we can't yet count on either. Polubus/Pashos/Trueblood are just stop gaps.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think no money under the cap is why they are stop-gapping this year. They seem to be able to mask the offensive line weaknesses with scheme a bit. But the only person that doesn't seem to apply to is Polumbus. Hoping Compton steps up.

ILB, RT and Corner are big needs. Wilson and Hall are free agents too. Could see them signing someone like Talib.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep talib could be there as could lee . there seems to be a lot of quality o/lineman out there . with 36 mil to spend it could be very interesting .

hopefully this regime will sign quality , young guys and be frugal

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they can't really be spend happy. RG3 is priming for a $100 million deal most likely when his rookie deal is eligible for re-do. And Trent Williams is also going to need a new deal. So they need to keep that in mind before they go nuts.

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep talib could be there as could lee . there seems to be a lot of quality o/lineman out there . with 36 mil to spend it could be very interesting .

hopefully this regime will sign quality , young guys and be frugal

I believe this regime has done the right thing. I believe this regime has seen the success we have had by building through the draft, and not hitting the the notorious HR in FA ala the Dan Snyder/Vinny Cerrato days. I believe the players that will be signed will be for needs, such as a RT and a WR. Outside of Victor Cruz and Hakeem Nicks, the other WRs on the market can be had for a lot less. I really like the potential of Golden Tate. I believe he fits what we do in the offense.

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't even get my head wrapped around FAs for 2014 at this point. It all depends on so much, including which of our own we lose. At a minimum, I don't see us re-signing both Rak and Jackson, but hoepefully Jenkins will minimize that loss. We most likely will lose Moss and Fletcher to retirement. ILB is a real concern for me in 2014. We have potential replacements, but they are not proven. I would love to see Sean Lee here for a couple of reasons. He's good and it screws the cowgirls. WR, not so much. I am hopeful both Hank and Morgan emerge as legit #2s and we re-sign Morgan.

The next area of concern is RT. We just don't have a good player there yet. Compton could emerge. Nixon could be a find. But we can't yet count on either. Polubus/Pashos/Trueblood are just stop gaps.

I can't, either. It's too early. However, since this is a topic, I'll feel free to give my take on the matter. Depending on how Orakpo does, we'll see if he is re-signed. If not, the Brandon Jenkins drafting might be a lot bigger than we think. I do believe Rob Jackson would be re-signed, if Orakpo is gone because he is a much better LB than Orakpo is. Sean Lee would be an excellent signing. I believe this could very well be Fletcher's last season. That would leave a huge gap at the position.

At the WR position, I believe Santana Moss and Josh Morgan will be gone. Therefore, we would need another WR or WRs, especially if Hanks and Aldrick Robinson don't show up. Hakeem Nicks is intriguing, but might cost too much. I like Golden Tate for three reasons. For one, he is only 24. Two, has good speed, gets yac., and has good ball skills at jump balls. Three, how much money could he actually command, when he has only one breakout season, going into this season?

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they can't really be spend happy. RG3 is priming for a $100 million deal most likely when his rookie deal is eligible for re-do. And Trent Williams is also going to need a new deal. So they need to keep that in mind before they go nuts.

This is something that I have considered, since RGIII's spectacular rookie season. If he has an encore, he is a lock for a $100 million dollar deal. Period. He is our franchise guy. Trent Williams is another franchise player, who needs to be locked up, long term. With that being said, I believe the FO is going to do the right thing, and make these two a priority for the long term future.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i believe tate is an interesting choice . he is a perfect young slot guy to replace moss.

go-dj

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as we don't overspend on anyone I'll probably be good with any moves we make.

Shenanihanigans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too early to tell.

Another good season like last season, and I'll bet that some of them UFA's and RFA's will take a little less money to stay here and get a chance to win some super bowls.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with most of you guys concerning RT. IMO, it is the biggest area of concern looking down the road, and unless someone shows major improvement, I think they needto pull the trigger on a really good one to bookend with Trent.

I like the thought of Lee OR J. Maclin in Burgundy and Gold. Two very good, somewhat underrated players (at positions of need) and they are screwing a division rival at the same time...I love it. Not sure what kind of money they would demand and if it is realistic they would come (especially Maclin). I am not completely sold on most of the receivers we have on the roster. Too much inconsistency. It will be addressed in some way in the draft or FA.

We will see how some of the young DBs progress this year. A good CB is OK with me...if he is affordable and doesn't completely cripple the rest of FA.

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with most of you guys concerning RT. IMO, it is the biggest area of concern looking down the road, and unless someone shows major improvement, I think they needto pull the trigger on a really good one to bookend with Trent.

I like the thought of Lee OR J. Maclin in Burgundy and Gold. Two very good, somewhat underrated players (at positions of need) and they are screwing a division rival at the same time...I love it. Not sure what kind of money they would demand and if it is realistic they would come (especially Maclin). I am not completely sold on most of the receivers we have on the roster. Too much inconsistency. It will be addressed in some way in the draft or FA.

We will see how some of the young DBs progress this year. A good CB is OK with me...if he is affordable and doesn't completely cripple the rest of FA.

I forgot about Maclin. I've always been a fan. He's gotten many 800+ yard seasons. He just can't quite get to 1,000. Still, he's a good weapon that shouldn't cost a ton of money. I'm all for us getting Sean Lee. Talk about a good replacement for London Fletcher, who I believe will retire after this season. Since Victor Cruz has extended with the G-Men, that makes Hakeem Nicks a lock to hit the market. However, he is likely to command a ton of money. We'll see.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see us address RT, WR, & ILB thru free agency...I don't know what it is but, personally...I'm not sold on Talib. I'd rather see us use our 2nd pick on a corner again then settle for him and spend a ton of money.

i dunno...its early, lol

:noidea:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry will lock up lee. Or at least a good, heck even average GM would lock him up. Him staying in the east would kill a lot of cowboy fans.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be interesting to see what the Cowboys can and can't do due to their cap.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry is going to have to dump talent next year just to meet the cap. But I agree with fordman, he will not lose lee, assuming lee wants to stay.