• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SO

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they gonna railroad Sids monster contract like they did Kovys? I beat they dont... when its a superstar in one of there "favorite" hockey cities, you can bet that that deal will have no problems at all, despite the fact that its front end loaded and everyone knows Sid will not play 12 more years.... hell one more concussion and that contract is done....

Take there picks NHL, dont just bitch slap us....

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Obviously they won't there's clearly defined rules now about how the contracts can be structured.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's pretty much my first reaction.... will they go bananas over Crosby's deal? perhaps not... why?

Cause God doesn't like the devil....

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's pretty much my first reaction.... will they go bananas over Crosby's deal? perhaps not... why?

Cause God doesn't like the devil....

Well in fairness I'm not sure God is a sports fan. We never would have won a cup if he was. Plus the World Series would be the Padres vs Angels every year, the Saints would be automatic Super Bowl champs. And if God is a sports fan he's a dick. There's plenty of other things he should be doing with his time.

devils30mb

King "Marty" Kong
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing I don't get is these owners have to sign off on the contracts, which they are right now...but then when the CBA talks come around, they are going to be the very same ones whining about the contract lengths and amounts. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

The other thing is there is plenty risk involved with signing long term contracts. Yes you lock up your franchise player but things change over the years and injuries could change the player. I see 4 to 5 year contracts as ideal. I think the new CBA would indicate contract terms be no longer than 6 years most.