• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So...Who are the real 'Blue Blood' College Football Programs?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no such thing as a true "blue blood" CFP anymore. Kids don't decide on schools just because of their name, they don't know the history, the tradition, ect. Back in the day if a kid received a scholarship from Notre Dame and they were academically qualified they would drop all the other scholarships because ND was on the TV every week. The few blue bloods that existed were the one's that could afford the amazing facilities, weight room, etc. Now, nearly all colleges have those same things to offer. Texas could pull a recruit by simply showing interest but not anymore.

Now days the kids care about these four factors.

1.) Will I have a chance to play
2.) Does the team have a winning culture/fun
3.) Will I be on TV
4.) Will I have a chance to make the NFL

After that it's the coach and not the history/traditions who must convince the recruits that they have all four of these factors. Other factors is friends and family ties, weather, and education can play a role as well.

In the end the blue bloods are a thing of the past and their time is up and the New Bloods time is now.

/thread

Spoken like a true, non-blueblood.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spoken like a true, non-blueblood.

nope, like a true New Blood. Blue Bloods are a ficticious thing now and a thing of the past. Stop dwelling in the past like Michican't because it's getting you no where.

/thread

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope, like a true New Blood. Blue Bloods are a ficticious thing now and a thing of the past. Stop dwelling in the past like Michican't because it's getting you no where.

/thread
9o0solO_d.jpg

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to help you out some before you do more damage to your name.

mcubed.net : NCAAF Football : Series records : Florida St vs. Miami FL

The above site linked...shows the records of all the current FBS schools, but it only shows
the results of games played against the current members of the FBS.

All the folks that are not big-boy football are eliminated from the totals.

What you are going to find is that 184 total games have been removed from your all-time
record. Now you are in your 129th year of football. Dividing the former by the latter
you have played an average of 1.4 teams per year that are not in big boy football.

FSU has had 87 games removed from the 70 years that we have played football. n average
of 1.2 per year.

Sorry, but y'all have played more stiffs than we have.

We passed you guys 50 years ago and we haven't looked back since.

btw...Just click on the title "series records". That will list all 130 members of the FBS

LOL. You're cracking me up. USC Notre Dame and UCLA are the only teams to not play an FCS school. Go have some more cupcakes.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no such thing as a true "blue blood" CFP anymore. Kids don't decide on schools just because of their name, they don't know the history, the tradition, ect. Back in the day if a kid received a scholarship from Notre Dame and they were academically qualified they would drop all the other scholarships because ND was on the TV every week. The few blue bloods that existed were the one's that could afford the amazing facilities, weight room, etc. Now, nearly all colleges have those same things to offer. Texas could pull a recruit by simply showing interest but not anymore.

3.) Will I be on TV

After that it's the coach and not the history/traditions who must convince the recruits that they have all four of these factors. Other factors is friends and family ties, weather, and education can play a role as well.

In the end the blue bloods are a thing of the past and their time is up and the New Bloods time is now.

/thread

Really?

Then explain why Texas currently has the #2 recruiting class in the nation?

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

/thread

Absolutely disagree with you. While recruits may not use the term 'Blue Bloods', there is a significant difference between walking into facilities at Alabama than their are at Wisconsin. I think some kids absolutely look to playing time, but you do realize in this moment you have 5*'s going to Alabama knowing that they won't play for 2 years in certain positions, you have a school like UGA with two 5* QBs, and with the #1 ranked nationally recruit in the nation who is a...QB.

I like to think most kids are getting smarter, and realizing that while playing time is needed if you are going to the next level, you also need to figure out the system and go somewhere that gives you the best chance to succeed, not tomorrow, but further down the line. I've never really understood how Saban and Co. continues to get these 5* recruits to come even though they know they will only place special teams and late in games that are well in hand, but he does, and it sure as hell helps with the fact that we have an incredible history that teams and players are proud to be apart of.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

3.) Will I be on TV

/thread
Well I'll be damned. This happened
hell-has-frozen-over.jpg

because I agree with Great Dayne! Holy shit, this is a red letter day...mark it on the calendar! But, you left one thing off the list of four factors kids care about. High on that list should be "how much under the table scratch they get from boosters, alumni, etc".

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said LSU but Meatchicken is a dog shit program if Jim Harbaugh, the dude that won at Stanford, can’t make your team relevant.

wait, you think I'm a Michigan fan?? bwaahahahhahahhaa

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

3.) Will I be on TV

/thread

sounds like something a pathetic wisky fan would say. Are you ever tired of being full of shit?

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

3.) Will I be on TV

/thread

You might be right. Sadly, I don't see a quality education among the factors players look for.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. You're cracking me up. USC Notre Dame and UCLA are the only teams to not play an FCS school. Go have some more cupcakes.

Which FCS school did Michigan play?

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'll be damned. This happened
hell-has-frozen-over.jpg

because I agree with Great Dayne! Holy shit, this is a red letter day...mark it on the calendar! But, you left one thing off the list of four factors kids care about. High on that list should be "how much under the table scratch they get from boosters, alumni, etc".
We've all been talking and think it's best you seek some mental care

rsw626

Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio St
Bama
USC
Oklahoma
Nebraska
Notre Dame
Texas
Michigan

In that order

Just outside ( imo)

Florida St-
LSU
Auburn
PSU
Tennessee
UGA
Clemson
Miami

And teams who should be considered but who aren't for some reason

Pitt
Minnesota
I may change the order slightly, but Id say this is about right.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It’s the end of an era for USC football, as the program announced Friday that they’ve inked a deal to open the 2018 season against the University of San Diego (FCS) at Qualcomm Stadium in a one-off game dubbed ‘The Battle for Southern California, Presented by In-N-Out’.

USC Football to Play First FCS Game vs. San Diego

:pound: