• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So...Who are the real 'Blue Blood' College Football Programs?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s the end of an era for USC football, as the program announced Friday that they’ve inked a deal to open the 2018 season against the University of San Diego (FCS) at Qualcomm Stadium in a one-off game dubbed ‘The Battle for Southern California, Presented by In-N-Out’.

USC Football to Play First FCS Game vs. San Diego

:pound:
Haha...this was the funny part to me.

"The Trojans’ first ever trip to San Diego came in 1897, when USC lost 18-0 to the San Diego YMCA. Believe it or not, that’s an actual fact, unlike this story."

Lost to the local Y team!

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? Does Appy State ring a bell?

Yeah, that was in 2007. Then, Appy State became an FBS team and lost to Michigan in 2014.

Of course, in 2018 USC will play the University of San Diego(FCS).

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that was in 2007. Then, Appy State became an FBS team and lost to Michigan in 2014.

So you did remember

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, apparently, you are "crowing" while you can.

Mate - Read the article I posted.....

It was an April's fool Joke that a USC beat writer did...It's fake :pound:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, apparently, you are "crowing" while you can.

LOL. The discussion was about schedules team played years ago that justifies USC being a blue blood. Such as playing teams that are still big boys like the Washington's Notre Dames , Ohio State Michigan Alabama as far back as the 30s. I pointed out FSU in the lat 50s was playing a nine game schedule of which six of the teams either no longer play football or are FCS. I pointed out USC was one of the teams which hadn't played one. Which is correct and playing one in the future still wouldn't disqualify them since teams like Alabama play them regularly and are still considered blue blood. You just jumped in to be an ass and got schooled. Thanks for playing.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. The discussion was about schedules team played years ago that justifies USC being a blue blood. Such as playing teams that are still big boys like the Washington's Notre Dames , Ohio State Michigan Alabama as far back as the 30s. I pointed out FSU in the lat 50s was playing a nine game schedule of which six of the teams either no longer play football or are FCS. I pointed out USC was one of the teams which hadn't played one. Which is correct and playing one in the future still wouldn't disqualify them since teams like Alabama play them regularly and are still considered blue blood. You just jumped in to be an ass and got schooled. Thanks for playing.

Brah, Mercer is no joke

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You sure?

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. You're cracking me up. USC Notre Dame and UCLA are the only teams to not play an FCS school. Go have some more cupcakes.

As I said earlier, the site shows games only against the current members of FBS.
You have played 189 games vs teams that are not members of the FBS, thus those
games have been removed from your record.

I never wrote anything about FCS.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'll be damned. This happened
hell-has-frozen-over.jpg

because I agree with Great Dayne! Holy shit, this is a red letter day...mark it on the calendar! But, you left one thing off the list of four factors kids care about. High on that list should be "how much under the table scratch they get from boosters, alumni, etc".

To agree with logic is just logical and to not agree is illogical. I use pure unbiased factual and statistical based evidence to support my claims. Top facility rankings are no longer just include the traditional blue blood schools the new bloods like Oregon and Texas A & M are on top of this list.

Photos: Ranking the Top 25 facilities in college football 2015

Also, every year at least four to five new bloods crack the top ten in recruiting. Then there are teams like Wisconsin that just recruit for their style of football from out of their state and turn unknown three star recruits or players that receive very little attention into NFL players/all americans (JJ Watt, Johnathan Taylor, countless offensive linemen and TE's, etc.)

2016 Football Team Rankings

The term New Bloods will now be the term people use over the obsolete term.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds like something a pathetic wisky fan would say. Are you ever tired of being full of shit?

Meanwhile logical fans that support logic agree with my factual based claim. Enjoy dwelling in the past. Your time is up the new bloods time is now. GD just ended this thread already go home it's over.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile logical fans that support logic agree with my factual based claim. Enjoy dwelling in the past. Your time is up the new bloods time is now. GD just ended this thread already go home it's over.
Win a NC then you can start the talk of "new blood".