• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So, Where do Dan Quinn and Kyle Shanahan Rank Amongst Scapegoats?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Satan?
Bartman Tier?
Bevell?
What level of scapegoat we talking here?

I'm not even sure you can call him a scapegoat. IMO he was just cause in the loss.

Sure, Freeman missed his blitz pickup resulting in a sack fumble...Matthews 2nd holding call pushed them out of FG position, etc.

IMO Shanahan flat out panicked in this game with his playcalls with 4:40 to go up 8 on the NE 22...I'm sure he was trying to close out the game with a TD, and preserve the DEF as best he could, but CFB level and higher, the percentages say run the ball 3 times and kick the 40ish yd FG.

With a kicker who was like 32 of 37 from that distance, that percentage goes up even more...like 99% of the time you run it 3 times and kick the FG.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one is going to taste sour with Kyle for a while. Made it to the SB with an MVP QB and choked it away. He won't be sniffing the SB, or an MVP QB, for a long time now that he's headed to SF.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not even sure you can call him a scapegoat. IMO he was just cause in the loss.

Sure, Freeman missed his blitz pickup resulting in a sack fumble...Matthews 2nd holding call pushed them out of FG position, etc.

IMO Shanahan flat out panicked in this game with his playcalls with 4:40 to go up 8 on the NE 22...I'm sure he was trying to close out the game with a TD, and preserve the DEF as best he could, but CFB level and higher, the percentages say run the ball 3 times and kick the 40ish yd FG.

With a kicker who was like 32 of 37 from that distance, that percentage goes up even more...like 99% of the time you run it 3 times and kick the FG.

To be fair he probably was shell-shocked that Julio Jones made that amazing catch on the sideline!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair he probably was shell-shocked that Julio Jones made that amazing catch on the sideline!

Maybe he should've gone back to Julio then.

Seriously, to be fair you follow the percentages in that case...like you said earlier...he took the risk and failed. If you run it 3 times kick and miss a 42-43 yd FG, you probably still lose the game, but he's not getting hammered as much as he is right now because that's textbook football.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
millennial's who grew up with joy sticks and controllers gotta blame someone.
It's never a tip of the cap, always who's to blame.

I'll pass

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think the Falcon fans are going to be that upset with Shanahan leaving, that is if the San Francisco job is still his after that brain fart of giving up the run.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shanny's play calling was just bad all the way around. Even on the sack fumble it was 3rd and 1 and they are taking a deep shot? I put the blame all on Kyles play calling. He was clueless that whole 4th qtr. This is the worst play called game in Super Bowl history

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shanny's play calling was just bad all the way around. Even on the sack fumble it was 3rd and 1 and they are taking a deep shot? I put the blame all on Kyles play calling. He was clueless that whole 4th qtr. This is the worst play called game in Super Bowl history

I agree. How you somehow forget about running the ball and go passy happy is beyond stupid. Freeman was ballin and the kid had 11 carries. :L Up 28-3?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. How you somehow forget about running the ball and go passy happy is beyond stupid. Freeman was ballin and the kid had 11 carries. :L Up 28-3?

I feel bad for the ATL players. Coaching blew this game.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he should've gone back to Julio then.

Seriously, to be fair you follow the percentages in that case...like you said earlier...he took the risk and failed. If you run it 3 times kick and miss a 42-43 yd FG, you probably still lose the game, but he's not getting hammered as much as he is right now because that's textbook football.

Yes.. you have a great point. However, if they did run and failed you would have had people yelling and screaming they should have thrown the ball. But let's be honest the Falcons were throwing at will on the Patriots and running so it was a crapshoot on which play to chose.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, players made mistakes...no question, but not getting off a FGA because you loss 22 yds due to your play calls imo is inexcusable.

I wish him well in SF. He did earn the chance at that job, but he's not a very popular guy in town today at all. Piss poor job last night in the 2nd half.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep....first play after the Pats got within one score. The pats defense have 8 at the LOS, the run wasn't going to do shit...Atlanta playactions and the inside LB drops 20 yards back in coverage while nobody goes with Freeman in the flat, pitch and catch for 39 yards and yet, some asshats think it's a great Atlanta play.

Freeman has one job later in that drive on 2rd and short and isn't even looking at his responsibility while the backer goes right by him to sack the QB. Next play, olineman holds to take um outta FG range...YET, it's all the play calling and the OC sucks.

you guys haven't a clue yet you shout from the mountains tops while I continue to laugh at you clueless MF'ers

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.. you have a great point. However, if they did run and failed you would have had people yelling and screaming they should have thrown the ball. But let's be honest the Falcons were throwing at will on the Patriots and running so it was a crapshoot on which play to chose.

If those people know anything about football and the kicker they have...no, most rational fans live with the result or actually you take it out on the kicker for missing 40ish yd FG indoor. Running it rally takes Shanahan off the hook because that's what you should be doing.

Much like SEA a couple of years ago...if they give the ball to Beastmode and they don't score, yeah, SEA fans are still pissed, but he's your best option, they understand it's not 100%.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your hatred and bias opinions continue to define your clueless ass on all things football 101.

good news for you....you're hardly the lone ranger

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep....first play after the Pats got within one score. The pats defense have 8 at the LOS, the run wasn't going to do shit...Atlanta playactions and the inside LB drops 20 yards back in coverage while nobody goes with Freeman in the flat, pitch and catch for 39 yards and yet, some asshats think it's a great Atlanta play.

Freeman has one job later in that drive on 2rd and short and isn't even looking at his responsibility while the backer goes right by him to sack the QB. Next play, olineman holds to take um outta FG range...YET, it's all the play calling and the OC sucks.

you guys haven't a clue yet you shout from the mountains tops while I continue to laugh at you clueless MF'ers

You are on crack. After the Julio superman catch the Falcons had to run the ball 3 times to setup a FG attempt. It would of burned the Pats TO's and put the Falcons up by 11. Kyle blew t his game if you cant see that you are on serious drugs.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your hatred and bias opinions continue to define your clueless ass on all things football 101.

good news for you....you're hardly the lone ranger

you are the only clues one here. Kyle blew this game for the Falcons. Simple as that.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If those people know anything about football and the kicker they have...no, most rational fans live with the result or actually you take it out on the kicker for missing 40ish yd FG indoor. Running it rally takes Shanahan off the hook because that's what you should be doing.

Much like SEA a couple of years ago...if they give the ball to Beastmode and they don't score, yeah, SEA fans are still pissed, but he's your best option, they understand it's not 100%.

I see both sides of the argument here. People would have been pissed regardless.. But you are right, the Falcons did have the Patriots on their heels that drive (and for 99.99% of the game) and failed.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, players made mistakes...no question, but not getting off a FGA because you loss 22 yds due to your play calls imo is inexcusable.

I wish him well in SF. He did earn the chance at that job, but he's not a very popular guy in town today at all. Piss poor job last night in the 2nd half.

The media should be hamming Kyle. Worst play called Superbowl in NFL history.