• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So what will Jimmy Butler fetch?

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Butler Contract Decision Paying Off - Business Insider

This has me thinking James Harden 2.0. Is this kid the true star on the Bulls? Is this the guy you give a 4 year $15M max contract to? (age slot).

The Bulls need to win now OR, go into Luxury CAP territory for the next few years.

Interesting times ahead on this. The Bulls could do a sign and trade and gather assets and stay under, relying on Rose not Butler as the centerpiece.

To me, that seems unlikely. This is Butler's team if they keep him and give him the Max

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt a S&T will happen. They'll take their chances come summer time. He'll get max offers and I expect the Bulls to match.

I'm always a little suspect of contract year stats. He plays a ton of minutes as well. He's earning that money though and could be a good valued contract with the increasing salary cap.

Rondo back in bean town tonight Lman. Should be fun. Still lots of games but Boston could be in the mix for a playoff spot.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the number for butler is 16.6 for a max deal. The bulls offered him a 4/11 deal, butler asked for 14, said he would have settled for 12-13 over the length of the contract. No question he will get at least one max deal and someone could pry him away the same way Houston got Asik, only difference being Asik was worth no where near 25 million over 2 years.

Bulls fucked up, tried to get him on the cheap. Its hard to blame them though, Butler has not played a full year yet.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the number for butler is 16.6 for a max deal. The bulls offered him a 4/11 deal, butler asked for 14, said he would have settled for 12-13 over the length of the contract. No question he will get at least one max deal and someone could pry him away the same way Houston got Asik, only difference being Asik was worth no where near 25 million over 2 years.

Bulls fucked up, tried to get him on the cheap. Its hard to blame them though, Butler has not played a full year yet.

Yes, they tried to get him on a Steph Curry like deal.

* best bargain in the NBA *

It was a reasonable gamble that will work in Butler's favor if he maintains this pace all year.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team with cap room should give him a max offer. The Bulls owner is notoriously cheap (despite the franchise being exceedingly wealthy) so you just might be able to snag Butler because Chicago would be too cheap to match and thus have to the tax. He's worth it now and even if his play slips, the contract would not be crippling as the cap rises to 90 mil over the next couple of seasons

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team with cap room should give him a max offer. The Bulls owner is notoriously cheap (despite the franchise being exceedingly wealthy) so you just might be able to snag Butler because Chicago would be too cheap to match and thus have to the tax. He's worth it now and even if his play slips, the contract would not be crippling as the cap rises to 90 mil over the next couple of seasons

he's a smart business man. he said he would only pay the luxary if he had a title contender. butler will be a bulls. reinsdorf has talked openly about his age and how he wants more titles. his window is closing as he will be 80 this yr.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turkey you mean the luxury tax level goes to 90?

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think Butlers deal would put the bulls anywhere too far over the cap. Remember, we are around the cap now at 67 paying Boozer 13.6 of his deal. Dunleavys 3 million gone, McDermott should be ready to fill Dunleavys shoes next year, hopefully as the bench guy that Dunleavy was brought in here to be. Kirk has a player option at 2.8. Forget resigning nazy at 1.5. Brooks is gonna get a deal like DJ got, wont even try to keep him. That gives us 11 players at 58 million. Taj, Nicola and Pau are still considered team friendly deals. Bulls need Snell to get his confidence back to where it was during summer league, a draft pick and they are still contenders. It will be nice to see a guy that actually deserves a max deal get one.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have said many times that they screwed themselves on this but now that I think about it maybe they didn't to bad.

Sure, now they have to pay the guy some more money but they also now know a lot better of what they are going to get.

You knew the defense and workhorse were there but they wanted to wait on the offensive game. He's become more of a focal point/go to in the offense and it is working out. Will cost some extra money but at least they can feel good they got there guy.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turkey you mean the luxury tax level goes to 90?

Nope. The cap is gonna get that high over the next couple of years. It's just matter of if it jumps at one time or if the NBA puts measures in place to make it rise in steps over two to three years. The cap is set as a percentage based off league revenue and due to the NBA getting a fat new TV deal worth billions, the salary cap will go up. That also means the luxury tax threshold will go up as well.

I dont think Butlers deal would put the bulls anywhere too far over the cap. Remember, we are around the cap now at 67 paying Boozer 13.6 of his deal. Dunleavys 3 million gone, McDermott should be ready to fill Dunleavys shoes next year, hopefully as the bench guy that Dunleavy was brought in here to be. Kirk has a player option at 2.8. Forget resigning nazy at 1.5. Brooks is gonna get a deal like DJ got, wont even try to keep him. That gives us 11 players at 58 million. Taj, Nicola and Pau are still considered team friendly deals. Bulls need Snell to get his confidence back to where it was during summer league, a draft pick and they are still contenders. It will be nice to see a guy that actually deserves a max deal get one.

Boozer was amnestied so his salary isn't on the cap but the team still pays him money. So whatever cap number they are at now doesn't include Boozer.

Last edited by a moderator:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

whoa whoa whoa....say Butler gets 15 million a year which is realistic....

Rose makes 20M
Noah makes 13M
Gibson makes 8M
Gasol makes 7M
Mirotic makes 6M
Butler @ 15M
McD at 2M
Kirk at 3M

thats 74M for 8 players....

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bulls aren't letting Butler go. There would be a riot in Chicago if that happened. Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but the bulls would salary dump taj Gibson to resign butler if that's what it took. Butler is the man in Chicago right now.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just reading that like the bulls couldnt pay him because they would go over the cap. They wont be able to sign anyone elses free agents, but really shouldnt need to do much other than another point guard career resurrection.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butler is one of the best defenders in the NBA. He just held James Harden to 0-8 shooting and 1 point in the 2nd half tonight. Not to mention Butler is now a scoring machine.

Bulls will pay him.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely dropped the hammer on Harden tonight

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know but he just F up Harden last night. Butler MVP leader now.

Psualltheway5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see Sam Hinkie giving him the max (which is a lot less than a veteran max). The Sixers would make a serious playoff run in 2016
PG: Mudiay, MCW, and Wroten
SG: Butler, KJ, Covington
SF: Saric, KJ
PF: Noel, Aldemir, Saric
C: Embiid, Sims