• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So What the FVCK do we do ...

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO the position we are in really sucks. I don't see anyway in hell we take out the doggies for the division. That leaves us the WC race. We're at 500 now. Still in the middle of it. That's where it gets really dicey. We clearly need some help but just what are we willing to give up for a shot at the WC position? We're not going to get anything of value without giving up something of value in return. I don't see us trading starters at this point in the game. Maybe at season's end but not now. That leaves the farm. Do we empty it for a shot at the WC? We're currently not good enough to coast into the playoffs and we are not bad enough to start planning for 2016.

In one of the threads BoB suggested Chapman. Interesting name but who would he be willing to trade to get a 'Chapman'. Seems that that are a few of us that think if we just pool all of 'less than quality' players into a nice package we can get almost anyone on the market. Not going to happen. My fear is that they will empty the farm and we still don't quite pull it off. I think the 2nd half of this season is clearly on the arms of Cain and Peavy. We need to put up a starting rotation that can carry us through the next 78 games.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only we could get a good, power-hitting RF who could provide leadership, and give fans someone to make fun of with funny faux-offensive memes:

eooWT7Kt_400x400.jpeg

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a rumor that the Giants have acquired Gerardo Parra from the Brewers for Hunter Cole and Chase Johnson. No confirmation on the web, yet. Will link if I find it. Perhaps this is just wishful thinking or speculation.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a rumor that the Giants have acquired Gerardo Parra from the Brewers for Hunter Cole and Chase Johnson. No confirmation on the web, yet. Will link if I find it. Perhaps this is just wishful thinking or speculation.
Steep price for a good #4 OFer...

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't understand why people are panicing when we've barely played half of the games. It just seems ridiculous to me. Especially when we are basically at .500 ball after having so many of our key players out for so long during the first half (not to mention the black hole that played at 3B for 50 games). Personally, I'm feeling pretty good about the season with the players that we already have (including those that should rejoin the team soon from the DL).

I think that it would be a huge mistake to trade (almost) any of our top 10 prospects at this point.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't understand why people are panicing when we've barely played half of the games. It just seems ridiculous to me. Especially when we are basically at .500 ball after having so many of our key players out for so long during the first half (not to mention the black hole that played at 3B for 50 games). Personally, I'm feeling pretty good about the season with the players that we already have (including those that should rejoin the team soon from the DL).

I think that it would be a huge mistake to trade (almost) any of our top 10 prospects at this point.

agreed. waaay too early to make any moves. I suspect we'll end up with a reliever this month though. Maybe Papelbon...

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Believe it was a writer who threw that out as a suggestion in a "trade ideas/fits" article. Was reading it yesterday, Cole and Chase for Parra the exact deal

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed. waaay too early to make any moves. I suspect we'll end up with a reliever this month though. Maybe Papelbon...
If we could get Papelbon for a midlevel prospect or two in a salary dump I would do that. Maybe one top five guy. Maybe.

We do need to lock down the bullpen.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zero risk, medium reward signing. He might push for the Util2 job, if the org decides to let Arias or EA go. If not, who cares?

Or maybe it is simply so he can play a bit and audition for a job somewhere next year. Sacto still has a gate and they want fans as well. Just because we recognize the name does not mean the org sees him as a potential filler for an SF job.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zero risk, medium reward signing. He might push for the Util2 job, if the org decides to let Arias or EA go. If not, who cares?

Or maybe it is simply so he can play a bit and audition for a job somewhere next year. Sacto still has a gate and they want fans as well. Just because we recognize the name does not mean the org sees him as a potential filler for an SF job.

My thought was "zero risk, slight reward." Dude is done, IMO.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Posey is a more tradeable player than Bum, just because of the contract. His contract is ridiculously cheap.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Reds are cleaning house, we could do worse than to pick up Marlon Byrd:

Heyman's Latest: Dodgers/Hamels, Braves, Frazier, Price, Brewers, Upton - MLB Trade Rumors
  • In other Reds news, Heyman hears Mike Leake‘s ground-ball tendencies are appealing to AL East clubs, and he’s drawn interest from the Blue Jays, Orioles and Red Sox in addition to the Royals, Dodgers, Rangers, Cubs and Giants. Manny Parra and Marlon Byrd are both “likely to go” as well.
He's owed the balance of $8mm for 2015, and he won't vest for 2016 (he needs 550 PA's this year, and he only has 270 now), unless there is a clause in his contract that he vests automatically if he's traded. Dunno.