• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

so... what do we see in September?

who do we start next year with?

• AV gone, Luongo gone

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • AV gone, Schneider gone

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AV stays, Luongo gone

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • AV stays, Schneider gone

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • largely status quo (ie. AV, Lou and Schneid all here)

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
other big moves? whaddya think?

Raymond gone?
his OT wrap around where he missed and fell down just seemed to sum up his game so completely.

Last edited by a moderator:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think Luongo can exist in this city anymore. that has to be resolved.

I think AV should be back. we need a change on Defense. we need a real puck moving Dman. tinker again with the bottom 6 and find that PP guy

Raymond GONE GONE GONE //// ooops fell down

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really dont think Av was outcoached this series ... his lineup moves are forever strange but he cant make Hamhuis stop from falling down on the ot game winner last night (in ot you try to do that Hammer? what about off the glass and deep, dammit)

they need to figure out the second line ... find someone who can play with Kesler ... make Kesler take his 1000 shots per day during the summer and hopefully he comes back with his hip in better condition

I think Kesler was at his best ... not last year ... but when he played wing with Sundin at centre ... He was at the stage of his career when he deferred to a future hall of famer ... problem is he wont defer now if they move him to wing and bring in any old centre. Would it have worked with Cody :noidea: :L

I hope Jensen can push for a lineup spot next year ... Schroeder needs to step it up because a spot is there for him.

they need real tough guys for the bottom 6 ... not fake tough guys ... not Weise ... Bitz might still be able to provide that with extra offseason healing. Kassian needs man strength. Malhotra provided defensive zone faceoff wins but what else? I honestly would have taken Zenon Konopka on our team in this series in place of Malhotra (did you guys notice that weird "growth" under Malhotras eyelid when he was interveiwed during intermission?)

anyways ... Im all over the place ... personnel change is needed

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
they need real tough guys for the bottom 6 ... not fake tough guys ... not Weise ... Bitz might still be able to provide that with extra offseason healing. Kassian needs man strength. Malhotra provided defensive zone faceoff wins but what else? I honestly would have taken Zenon Konopka on our team in this series in place of Malhotra (did you guys notice that weird "growth" under Malhotras eyelid when he was interveiwed during intermission?)

2nd series in a row where we were taken to the woodshed by a 4th line.
yes Kopitar and Brown were huge factors, but did you SEE the Havok that those bag of meat on the Kings' 4th line created? where is the pushback from our three minute crew? Where was the ability of our FIRST line to take advantage of the matchup. I thought that was the main point to be addressed from the Boston series.

oh well. will be interesting summer. oops, Raymond fell down

wolfgang

wkern42
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The Hodgeson trade was a short term disaster. Did Kassian even play last night?? Still makes me shake my head, change for the sake of change is just stupid.

Booth and Kessler are good players but WTF happened late this year (not just this series)?? Kes looked better last night but seemed disinterested for the majority of this series...

Why did we have to go down 0-2 before we started playing?? At that point the margin for error is VERY SLIM. This series was lost in the first two games IMO. Game three was perhaps the best game the Canucks played but lost for an 0-3 deficit.

WTF is wrong with out home-ice advantage?? including last year thats 4 losses in a row on home ice in the playoffs?? Might as well sneak in, the hell with the damn presidents curse er.. trophy.

merlynbc

Go Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Rumours of Kesler personal problems refuse to go away..

Lu situation needs to be addressed.... He may welcome a change of scenery, but no one has said that out loud. He may also not want to leave. At this point no one really knows his thoughts.

AV probably has to go. The idea of giving the room to the "leadership group" clearly hasn't worked. There is no defensive structure. Why was Rome in the pressbox when the big LA forwards were crashing the crease repeatedly. I doubt Richardson would have been allowed 3 whacks at a loose puck with Rome out there. (If AV does go, MacT is not the answer)

Th PP was better in the series than it was in the last half of the year, but Newell Brown might need to be replaced.

Is Kesler still not 100% or is this what we can expect for the future?? (As an aside, Kesler has a NTC but it doesn't kick in until next year. Not advocating a trade, just information)

Back to the defensive structure, is this more of the "leadership group" figuring it out themselves? Or does Rick Bowness no longer coach these guys? Maybe he needs to go??

I hope they bring SS6 back, even on a one year contract, but would he accept a one year.

The bottom line is, this team seemed to set themselves the goal of beating the Bruins in the one game they played against each other this season. Before that and after that there was little in the way of urgency or desire that I could see. I realize some of them were coming back from serious injury and couldn't prepare properly in the offseason, but that doesn't excuse the lack of apparent fire.

I think there needs to be a serious change of culture on this team, and I suspect that will mean some of the "core" will need to be moved this summer. The problem is, most of them have NTCs.

On to the draft and July 1st..... it should be interesting

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fwiw, I think it was Sekeres who said it:

but Kesler had his shoulder wrapped in ice and had the Ryan Leaf "DON'T TALK TO ME ALRIGHT!!! ... KNOCK IT OFF!!!" face post game Sunday

it was the first time the media hoardes (whores? - lol) saw the ice pack

/and then theres this

Ryan Kesler's agent Kurt Overhardt confirms to us that his client has a shoulder injury. Shoulder has been bothering Kess 2-3 months.

Overhardt says it is not accurate that Kesler needs surgery on his shoulder - he's being checked out by doctors in the next couple of days.

Kesler will say thanks but no thanks to U-S-A for the world hockey championships next month.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
looks like we got a bit of insight into the goalie part of the puzzle today.
still so very impressed with the way Luongo handled that media throng.

The_Franchise78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not sure how anyone can say AV should return. I'm not saying he's a bad coach, but the team needs a new voice. Game 1 was an embarassment, the veteran/experienced team got schooled by LA's young team. Many other issues as well.

If you're first line winger in the playoffs is Mason Raymond, I suspect the team might be struggling to score goals.

Bieksa and Edler are too inconsistent. I wonder if Edler can be packaged in a trade to Nashville for Shea Weber - can't imagine they'd get a much better return than an established #2 defensemen with potential to be even better.

No dissing Malhotra - obviously he struggled this year after his injury. If there's a market for him then we can trade him because his cap hit is too high for a 4th line center.

Ok with either goalie - I think Luo can win a cup but the situation with the media/fans and Schneider may be difficult to sustain. A lot depends on how much money Schneider wants - if Schneids signs for 2.5 we save 2.8 million by trading Luongo plus get some return back. On the other hand, if Schneider gets 4, then the return on trading Schneider will be far greater than saving 1.3 million in cap space.

Goodbye: AV, Raymond, Malhotra, Ballard, Alberts, Edler/Bieksa, Lapierre, Schneider/Luongo, 4th line

merlynbc

Go Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Schneider not getting $4M..... my guess is $2.5M-$2.8M for 1 or maybe 2 seasons... after he is UFA he can get the big bucks....

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Schneider not getting $4M..... my guess is $2.5M-$2.8M for 1 or maybe 2 seasons... after he is UFA he can get the big bucks....

I think he'll be in the $3m range, on a fairly long term deal (4ish? yrs)
If we are in the process of dumping stability in goal for the foreseeable future, Gillis isn't going to open up the possibility of losing Lou now, and then maybe losing Corey in a couple of years to free agency.

merlynbc

Go Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
perhaps..I don't see it being quite that high.... No one is likely to send an offer sheet above $3.1M as the compensation at that level is a 1st and a 3rd, and I suspect that is more than most would want to pay ... after all, CS35 has still never started more than 30 NHL games in a season, and no one knows if he can play 60 or more, as most #1s are expected to do....

also, Lack and Climie are in the pipeline, so a couple years from now might not be an issue .....

I think signing Cory depends to a certain extent on the interest in Lu...... as well as trading Lu depends on discussions with Cory.... Either could go, whichever brings the best return. Lots of balls to juggle for MGGM

One other , fairly remote possibility is, both could still be back next season... (I doubt this though)