• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So the Mets need a SS...

Turn2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle Mariners Rumors - MLB Trade Rumors

Piggybacking on the Miller to Tacoma thread a bit, given our (at least perceived) depth at the position, who should the M's offer and do the Mets have anything we want? The article mentions both Miller and Franklin, but my guess is that since the Mets already have a young bat first SS with a questionable glove in Flores, Franklin may be out of the picture. The Mets probably would've jumped all over Miller a month ago, now maybe not so much. Is Taylor an option that might interest the Mets and, if so, would/should the M's offer him up? The a large part of the question may be who would the Mets value more (and thus offer more in exchange)... an unproven Taylor, or a more proven, but currently struggling Miller? That said, who is our future at SS? Miller? Taylor? Franklin? A fast rising, but still very young Marte? Ty Smith who had a very strong Spring? None of the above?

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of months ago, I wanted us to get one of Miller/Franklin, now? Not so much.

I can't watch Tejada at SS or even Flores. He's not a SS.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flores is not a SS by any means. Him playing there now is simply a band-aid on a gaping wound. The Mets have starting pitching depth for days. Outside of that not a whole lot to offer that they'd be willing to part with. Maybe a Daniel Murphy type (who I love) because we have replacements ready to go.