• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So (letter grades)........How are we doing so far???

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is what gets the fan base and team in trouble . expectations too high . we have huge holes with a roster of about 11 above avg starters and too expect some kind of divisional title is a reach to me

we have finished last 5 of the last 6 seasons in last place . with have a talent gap

so to me doubling our win total is a start from 3 to 6 :suds:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Double our wins to 6?

That makes zero sense to me. We will have a healthy RG3 an improved defense and an offense no one has seen. I think we challenge for this weak division again. A healthy RG3 changes EVERYTHING.

I think RG3 was pretty healthy (physically) last season. He was still recovering mentally though. I am hoping he is fully back this season but I worry about a new system and coach.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think RG3 was pretty healthy (physically) last season. He was still recovering mentally though. I am hoping he is fully back this season but I worry about a new system and coach.

he didnt have the explosive speed and couldnt drive the ball off his back foot . he clearly wasnt the same player physically

look at the chiefs tape when RG3 threw the pick and the 325 lb williams was running with him stride for stride to make the tackle . clearly he wasnt healthy and he tried tom play thru it

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a difference between lacking explosion and lack of health. He may never regain the explosion.

Him not driving off the backfoot wasn't an issue because the back foot is not the drive foot and it wasn't injured. He was afraid to land on it...that is mental.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a difference between lacking explosion and lack of health. He may never regain the explosion.

Him not driving off the backfoot wasn't an issue because the back foot is not the drive foot and it wasn't injured. He was afraid to land on it...that is mental.

no way to know that GK either way fact is he wasnt driving the ball

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody care to change their grade? I'm going from a solid B to an A-/B+. I think Allen did a great job this year.. We upgraded our talent without really overpaying anyone. He was able to resign all the key players he wanted. Great job, IMO.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody care to change their grade? I'm going from a solid B to an A-/B+. I think Allen did a great job this year.. We upgraded our talent without really overpaying anyone. He was able to resign all the key players he wanted. Great job, IMO.

Im sticking with my B+ for the moment. Still need to see what we do in the draft.

eamines

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sticking with my B+ for the moment. Still need to see what we do in the draft.
Shark, I'll go with a B. I'm pleasantly surprised they didn't spend all of their money on one player. They signed some players that can play key roles, especially on the special teams. I know a lot of fans want the big names, but you need guys who take pride in what they do, regardless of their role on the team. If, they Get a solid ILB, Safety, RT, and DT, in the draft. I'll give them an A.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would give a B+ grade. The contracts to wr. Roberts and G lauvao were a bit high. These are the only negatives to an otherwise outstanding FA

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will agree with several points in that the approach has been stringent but our major needs were not addressed in FA. Most notably, we absolutely need a starting RT, Center, WR & ILB. Having no first round pick and only a 2nd, we have to hit on that player in the 2nd to be a starter and likely a WR (if none in FA) or OT. Based on the players signed so far and the glaring need at safety and the fact that the organization think Meriweather is capable, I would have to grade FA thus far a D+.

Is the team better today than it was a few weeks ago, slightly.

At this point I have to change my grade from a D+ to a solid C+. This may change based upon the draft and what needs are met. I'm still concerned with our oline to a degree as I'm sure most of you are and we still have question marks at ILB & Safety. I'm hoping Akeem Jordan and Ryan Clark will be able to step up and fill the voids. For some reason I still feel as if I'm the minority here on drafting a true NT who can collapse the pocket routinely in order for our pass rush to be the most effective. In my opinion, I don't think Coefield is up to the task and is better suited at DE with Hatcher. I know we signed Geathers however, he is very tall and will lack leverage to a degree. I really think this area could solve some of our problems experienced on the back end the past 2 seasons.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grade comes in Jan 2015, until then who knows.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give it a B+ I love the signings of Roberts,Hatcher,McGlynn and now Jackson

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B- I like what we have done but want to see more improvement on o-line and FS. Which will hopefully come through the draft.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B+ ...Not happy with the o-line signings. I feel the draft is producing Guards that can fit in ASAP.
ILB is very deep, but nothing proven at one of the starting positions. We have a great mentor at FS but are still weak in defending the air attack. There are many, many players that will be cut, so the grade may go up.
Landing Jackson, will ensure that we have one of the most potent run games in the league. We could go back to averaging nearly 30 a game.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would say b- . not a bad off season

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has been an easy A.

We did not overpay Lauvao. He's a 26 year old, 3 year starter, that fits our scheme...a starting veteran G at 4 mil is not overpaying at all. Who is a better signing at the price signed?

Mike McGlynn if he returns to 2010 form, is a starting C that played very well. We got him near league minimum. Who was available at a good price?

Andre Roberts got paid close to what other guys of his talent level got paid.

This is what most of you are complaining about. And let me ask this: Who would you have signed along the OL?

DeSean Jackson turned this FA into an A. He's the only one we spent big money on. It's not a bad contract at all for the Redskins and he's the type of player you spend good money on...a 3 time pro-bowler.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna change my grade from C- to a B+. I still think that ORT, safety and ILB are under review. To give credit, I also think that we are going to be surprised at the production coming from some of our second and third year players.

This will be my last rant about the circumstances around F. Davis, J. Morgan and a few others. It seems that Coach Gruden has torn down the doghouse and it just might not ever return. To me it was counterproductive to hurt the team simply because this player or that didn't toe a particular line. Coach Gruden doesn't appear to have carried that practice over at this point in his tenure not because of who's going but who's staying. Davis is obviously gone but for others they'll get their chances to show what they can do.

OK, got that outta my system....but here's the point........this team at this point will have a lot of bodies coming to OTA's and camp, with a good draft, the development of 2nd and 3rd year players, combined with our free agent acquisitions, that B+ could easily become an A+.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has been an easy A.

We did not overpay Lauvao. He's a 26 year old, 3 year starter, that fits our scheme...a starting veteran G at 4 mil is not overpaying at all. Who is a better signing at the price signed?

Mike McGlynn if he returns to 2010 form, is a starting C that played very well. We got him near league minimum. Who was available at a good price?

Andre Roberts got paid close to what other guys of his talent level got paid.

This is what most of you are complaining about. And let me ask this: Who would you have signed along the OL?

DeSean Jackson turned this FA into an A. He's the only one we spent big money on. It's not a bad contract at all for the Redskins and he's the type of player you spend good money on...a 3 time pro-bowler.

I would have made a strong effort to sign Charles "Peanuts" Brown to play RT. I'm absolutely hating on the NYG for signing him.