• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So.....is Zherdev officially "gone"?

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all that has happened this guys name hasn't come up once.

So......what do you guys think......does he stay a Flyer or do we allow him and his 16 goals to remain in limbo??

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all that has happened this guys name hasn't come up once.

So......what do you guys think......does he stay a Flyer or do we allow him and his 16 goals to remain in limbo??

I think Lava needs to pull his fuckin ego out of his ass and give this guy some playing time, sure he was a little lazy from time to time but when he showed up he was very good. He needs to show he wants to play though, he and Jagr on a line might actually be a little sick!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no problem with Z but obviously Lavy did. I sure would like him more than Nodl or Talbot on the 3rd line....let those guys make our 4th line very good!!!

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know..

Do we keep him or do we go after a better all around player like Stillman??

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the flyers are probably done once simmonds gets under contract.. let the season start and see what the product is

i'm hopeful to be honest.. i think a jvr.giroux.jagr line could be really solid, same with hartnell.briere.voracek.. and the 3rd line will be VERY hard to play against if its simmonds.shenn/talbot.. the 4th line could probably use an upgrade cause shelly sucks, but still a good team IMO

the defense (hopefully its healthy) should be fantastic, and in front of bryz.. the flyers are going to be VERY hard to score against IMO.. 2 checking lines, a d-corp that was thought to be tops in the league heading into last season, and a vezina caliber goalie.. good luck opponents.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
considering holmgren called zherdev a weird, odd guy at the end of the season. i really dont expect him to be back here.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have not heard this guys name in forever.

But I havent heard Simmonds' name either.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the flyers are probably done once simmonds gets under contract.. let the season start and see what the product is

i'm hopeful to be honest.. i think a jvr.giroux.jagr line could be really solid, same with hartnell.briere.voracek.. and the 3rd line will be VERY hard to play against if its simmonds.shenn/talbot.. the 4th line could probably use an upgrade cause shelly sucks, but still a good team IMO

the defense (hopefully its healthy) should be fantastic, and in front of bryz.. the flyers are going to be VERY hard to score against IMO.. 2 checking lines, a d-corp that was thought to be tops in the league heading into last season, and a vezina caliber goalie.. good luck opponents.

:whoo:

A positive, realistic spin/assessment. I have read more people who are jumping off bridges or cancelling their season tickets or selling their Flyers gear because....fill in the blank....

I think one of your concerns, Shelley, is going to be waived. I think his role is going to get filled with either a later signing, someone from waivers, or Sestito. IMHO, they should get Konopka. Get him on the 4th line, use him as a swing center for PK (when he isn't in the box) and in the defensive zone. Keep Betts on the wing and then you go with either Holmstrom or Sestito or Wellwood, whoever makes the team out of camp. Either way, the 4th line is better, the 3rd line is more of a crash line and you still have two very capable offensive lines.

Zherdev has more talent than most of the people on the roster COMBINED. He has less drive and will to compete than ...well, anyone. He should be putting up 30 goals a season with ease. Instead, he is in limbo again. It is a shame, he is a nice guy if you ever meet him.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted some other UFA's that would all cost about the same. Zherdev has more goal scoring potential 15-25 (wide range depending on PT) vs. 12-18. The others, Stillman, Prospal, Langenbrunner and Miettinen are all better playmakers/leaders.

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im a Z fan and will continue to be. I would like them to either get a langenbrunner type player...but if all fails. Zherdev should be considered. Him and Lavy maybe straightened things out at the end of the year but who knows. The guy was possibly the most offensively talented player on the team last year when he was on the ice.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
zherdev has gotta be one big ass prick or lava is the most stubborn person in the world

if he had played 82 games and scored at the same rate all season, he would've ended with 23 goals.. you dont bench that guy just because.. especially considering the flyers had a real hard time scoring goals in early 2011..

if only everyone didnt have to be politically correct so we could hear about what the hell his problem was

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
zherdev has gotta be one big ass prick or lava is the most stubborn person in the world

if he had played 82 games and scored at the same rate all season, he would've ended with 23 goals.. you dont bench that guy just because.. especially considering the flyers had a real hard time scoring goals in early 2011..

if only everyone didnt have to be politically correct so we could hear about what the hell his problem was

Would have been better than 23 goals considering he played about 3 minutes per game...if he was lucky

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yeah people don't realize he had one of the best goals per even-strength minute played of the last 10 years. considering he had 16 goals getting shit ice time on lines with guys like shelly, betts and nodl and only playing like 60 games..i think he deserves to be brought back...