• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So is anyone using DAZN to watch football?

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in Red Deer and it used to cost $240 per year if you wanted Redzone and $190 without Redzone I think. One year we were able to just buy redzone but they nixed that for the following year.

We get the Seattle cable feed here in Central Aberta so I get all my Seahawks games anyway, but I liked Sunday ticket for all the other games. C'est la vie, I'm living without it so far this season and it doesn't sound like DAZN is even remotely worth it so they are out.

$150 or so for me, but you can't smoke money....

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no chance I watch the NFL via streaming anytime soon. Having a choppy feed that goes down on 3rd and 8 is a world I want no part of. I'll wait until technology catches up before even considering it. And the only way I watch on my phone is if my car is stuck in a snowbank.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no chance I watch the NFL via streaming anytime soon. Having a choppy feed that goes down on 3rd and 8 is a world I want no part of. I'll wait until technology catches up before even considering it. And the only way I watch on my phone is if my car is stuck in a snowbank.

While I don't have a phone, I agree with everything you said.

It is primitive as fuck.

And with cable you simply jump to another channel. It holds pauses, all channels are visible, etc.

With this horseshit, you have to back up, find another game, load it, and hope the pause you hit on the one you were watching holds.

Plus you have to change your tuner to whatever you have the playback device connected to, in my case, BluRay on HDMI2. All of which takes time and fucking about.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I don't have a phone, I agree with everything you said.

It is primitive as fuck.

And with cable you simply jump to another channel. It holds pauses, all channels are visible, etc.

With this horseshit, you have to back up, find another game, load it, and hope the pause you hit on the one you were watching holds.

Plus you have to change your tuner to whatever you have the playback device connected to, in my case, BluRay on HDMI2. All of which takes time and fucking about.

While I won't pretend to be as successful as my hero and all around great guy @JuiceTheGator I have done well enough to be able to watch my teams both live or on DVR delay on a big screen HDTV. I suspect those bragging about cutting the chord are either students, starving artists or perhaps they are struggling to feed their 7 kids with Rickets after the plant cut back their hours.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I won't pretend to be as successful as my hero and all around great guy @JuiceTheGator I have done well enough to be able to watch my teams both live or on DVR delay on a big screen HDTV. I suspect those bragging about cutting the chord are either students, struggling artists or perhaps they are struggling to feed their 7 kids with Rickets after the plant cut back their hours.

Ed Zachary.

Could not agree more.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of this morning I am officially off DAZN and back on the Sunday Ticket train!!!

Somebody woke up and smelled the coffee.

Thank fuck.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Everyone here uses illegal streams that r*pe the NFL of their valuable monies.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Everyone here uses illegal streams that r*pe the NFL of their valuable monies.

Streaming sucks balls.

It isn't easy to seamlessly view 3 or 4 games.

One offs, or if you only give a fuck about 1 game maybe.

If I have to pay for a quality product, so be it.

I'm not some broke assed whatever the fuck.

It seems everything skews towards the lowest common denominator.....

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, I use the App Kodi and a couple add ons to watch any sports game, new movie or TV show I want and connect the phone to my TV. Kodi is a free app that works on droids but not I phones.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Streaming sucks balls.

It isn't easy to seamlessly view 3 or 4 games.

One offs, or if you only give a fuck about 1 game maybe.

If I have to pay for a quality product, so be it.

I'm not some broke assed whatever the fuck.

It seems everything skews towards the lowest common denominator.....

Sounds good, Bruce Wayne.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, I use the App Kodi and a couple add ons to watch any sports game, new movie or TV show I want and connect the phone to my TV. Kodi is a free app that works on droids but not I phones.

And how is it say on an afternoon like yesterday when GB-Dal, Sea-LAR and even Oak-Bal on?

3 decent games and fucking about with streaming and such is pure crap for that.

Cable, you hit "jump". No fucking around with phones.

Cable rules for sports. I even had some F1 and NASCAR to squeeze in, no problemo.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how is it say on an afternoon like yesterday when GB-Dal, Sea-LAR and even Oak-Bal on?

3 decent games and fucking about with streaming and such is pure crap for that.

Cable, you hit "jump". No fucking around with phones.

Cable rules for sports. I even had some F1 and NASCAR to squeeze in, no problemo.

I get any game I want whenever I want in hd with no lags for free.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get any game I want whenever I want in hd with no lags for free.

Whoopee fucking doo......

I don't care about free.

I care about multiple games at my disposal in a nanosecond. I don't watch just 1, I watch 4 or 5 at a time.

Tell me how quickly you can go from one game to the next "your way".

My 6 barreled PVR records 4 or 5 at once (I'm nice enough to leave one barrel for the missus).

I can go to any one I want in an instant. I can skip forward 30 seconds, back similarly. And when I scan it's visible to my eye, not just looking at a clock tick off time.

You can tell me how great streaming is all afternoon and I still call bullshit. It's cheaper, not better.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Say more... My old roommates had a kodi app that was on some brandless black box. I only learned enough about it to be able to watch the new Rick and Mortys. Can be a pain in the ass when sifting through broken links. We only got internet at the new house. Where should I load this Kodi fella?