• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So is anyone using DAZN to watch football?

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Sunday ticket isn't offered in my area anymore and neither is Redzone. I'm told its been replaced with DAZN (pronounced Da' Zone) and you can stream it through a bunch of different devices. Its supposed to have all the games in HD, and you can rewatch every game of the season. Plus I think it has Redzone. It is cheaper than the old Sunday ticket but I don't know anyone who is using it yet.

Anybody have any feedback, good or bad, about this product?

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no but i just got horny

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit on a stick....

I went and bought a Samsung Bluray that was smart so I could access it.

Clunky, slow(maybe boost my internet with Shaw), not Dolby 5.1 sound, difficult to go between games quickly.

DAZN says they don't support my brand new Samsung BluRay but they do support Samsung Smart TVs. Not sure why there is a difference?

I guess if you want to watch football on a phone cause you have to....

But compared to the wonderful old cable where it's all there right now, it is shit on a stick.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I don't have it. Have heard both good and bad about it. Still would have been nice to keep NFL Sunday ticket here in Canada.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I don't have it. Have heard both good and bad about it. Still would have been nice to keep NFL Sunday ticket here in Canada.

I've heard the NFL itself has heard complaints about the roll out last week from many folks north of the 49th.

If I could get my hands around The Rog's neck I'd ring it......

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard the NFL itself has heard complaints about the roll out last week from many folks north of the 49th.

I just heard the same thing. Rumor is that DAZN is so bad, and there's been so many complaints they might consider bringing back Sunday Ticket.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just heard the same thing. Rumor is that DAZN is so bad, and there's been so many complaints they might consider bringing back Sunday Ticket.

I'd be AOK with that.

I get where TV is going, but you just can't beat the simplicity of cable.

I don't spend all day with a phone in my hands, but I do sit at a desk in front of a computer all day.

I just want to go home and watch TV without the rigmarole.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
STREAMING PROBLEMS
Kaan Yigit, president of consulting firm Solutions Research Group, said it’s no surprise for a new service to have early glitches. Still, live event streaming problems are larger compared to the minor annoyance of having to reboot a TV show on Netflix.

“In live sports if you’re buffering in the middle of a big play, it’s insane if you’re a sports fan,” Yigit said. “It kind of opens up a subtle opportunity for cable to promote the value of the quality and the error free nature when it comes to these big live events.”

That said, given younger audience preferences for streaming, he wouldn’t write off sports streaming in general.

“Streaming as a way to deliver video is the way of the future. I don’t think there’s any ambiguity about that,” he said.

But self-described diehard fan Rob Spanach, an Edmonton resident who installed a third TV so he could watch multiple games at once, wouldn’t mind reverting to older technology. DAZN wasn’t bad this weekend, he said, but the choppy video and poor customer service makes him miss his more expensive cable package.

Sweets

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That explains it all.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

Having Sunday Ticket on cable explains it all.

Streaming sports is for broke assed millennials.....

Hank, I'm with you on this. Much rather watch a game with cable then the internet. So you got my condolences on this matter. However brace yourself, because down the road I think we'll all be watching the NFL thru streaming. Canucks are just the guinea pigs for this.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Sunday Ticket went from $100 to $200 the next season, I cut it. The extras they tried to justify it were laughable - the online content was pointless and the redzone channel is trash IMO. I can get most every game anyways with Shaw Direct and timeshifting.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hank, I'm with you on this. Much rather watch a game with cable then the internet. So you got my condolences on this matter. However brace yourself, because down the road I think we'll all be watching the NFL thru streaming. Canucks are just the guinea pigs for this.

The future isn't here yet.

And I wouldn't say guinea pigs, more like sacrificial lambs....

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why, oh Why, am i not surprised?

Get in line. It's behind my 6'1 ass

When Sunday Ticket went from $100 to $200 the next season, I cut it. The extras they tried to justify it were laughable - the online content was pointless and the redzone channel is trash IMO. I can get most every game anyways with Shaw Direct and timeshifting.

What Part of Canada Ricky?

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why, oh Why, am i not surprised?

Get in line. It's behind my 6'1 ass

What Part of Canada Ricky?

I'm in Red Deer and it used to cost $240 per year if you wanted Redzone and $190 without Redzone I think. One year we were able to just buy redzone but they nixed that for the following year.

We get the Seattle cable feed here in Central Aberta so I get all my Seahawks games anyway, but I liked Sunday ticket for all the other games. C'est la vie, I'm living without it so far this season and it doesn't sound like DAZN is even remotely worth it so they are out.