• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So in a period of 24 hours, we simply cut

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one of the best WR's in the game, coming off a career year, and the type of WR that fits perfectly in the system and a safety net type target for a young QB in FOles

....and we sign arguably one of the more pathetic laughing stocks at QB in Mark Sanchez, god knows why

and we wonder why no one ever fucking respects this shit organization. Almost all excitement I had on upcoming season is evaporating fast

what a joke

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one of the best WR's in the game, coming off a career year, and the type of WR that fits perfectly in the system and a safety net type target for a young QB in FOles

....and we sign arguably one of the more pathetic laughing stocks at QB in Mark Sanchez, god knows why

and we wonder why no one ever fucking respects this shit organization. Almost all excitement I had on upcoming season is evaporating fast

what a joke

How much of the story do u actually know? First, every team knew that the eagles were going to release him bc of his cap. Second, I'll give Kelly the benefit of the doubt that Jackson was a distraction to this team. The stupid part however is that the eagles should have never given him a new contract.:bullshit:

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the team got better and better with a pretty lousy defense as the season went along, but he was a distraction to the team??

makes sense

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They better know what da hell they're doing. They also better know something that no one else outside the eagles doesn't know about Jackson.

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people comparing him to T.O is a fucking joke too. is DJax immature? sure, most NFL players are. But not once did I ever year of or see Jackson getting in the face of Nick Foles during a game or after a game.

Part of me hopes this blows up in the front office face, especially when brittle Maclin goes down with an injury and we are faced with a starting WR core of Riley Cooper, and 2 undrafted Free Agents

way to really make Foles feel comfortable going forward

just a fucking joke. Has a team ever released a probowl WR in his prime coming off a career year? Team acts like they are filled with a plethora of talent at WR. And yet I look down and its a inconsistent Riley Cooper and a guy coming off surgery who hasn't played in a year and a half

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, not only did they not get a single draft pick for Desean Jackson, but now they are going to be forced to draft a WR fairly early in the draft, when the defense should been the total sole focus of the draft

so now at 22 in 1st round, they will be talking WR.............yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, who needs defensive playmakers. Apparently not us

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we cut Desean Jackson because apparently hes a distraction, but we keep RIley COoper after last offseasons concert slur fiasco

sweet

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people comparing him to T.O is a fucking joke too. is DJax immature? sure, most NFL players are. But not once did I ever year of or see Jackson getting in the face of Nick Foles during a game or after a game.

Part of me hopes this blows up in the front office face, especially when brittle Maclin goes down with an injury and we are faced with a starting WR core of Riley Cooper, and 2 undrafted Free Agents

way to really make Foles feel comfortable going forward

just a fucking joke. Has a team ever released a probowl WR in his prime coming off a career year? Team acts like they are filled with a plethora of talent at WR. And yet I look down and its a inconsistent Riley Cooper and a guy coming off surgery who hasn't played in a year and a half

Not sure? I do remember Cris Carter getting ousted in Philly. This whole situation sucks. I have to believe there is a ton of stuff not being mentioned. I can't imagine that they cut ties over stupid shit? There has to be more to this story.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the right move for a lot of reasons:

1) You don't want this to turn into an Aaron Hernandez/Patriots situation where something even worse comes up later on and then you have to scramble for WR's late in the offseason
2) DeSean has complained about wanting a new contract every offseason and at some point if that's what he's going to do, it's time to let him go
3) Darren Sproles' signing was key because they knew what was going on here and now they have him and they can add a WR in the draft
4) Eagles save 6.75 million in cap space
5) DeSean getting his house robbed tells you everything you need to know - he's been with these gangs and the Eagles have hired former FBI agents that have cut their teeth trying to end these mafia's on the streets so they're well in tune with everything that goes on with these players off the field - Eagles aren't going to put up with any of this and I like what Chip is doing - this is why the Eagles pay for former FBI's because they feel like off the field stuff is important for them - they won't put up with any of this

DeSean has a lot of talent but the baggage isn't worth it and it's not as if the Eagles have won anything with him anyways - he doesn't seem like the type of player that is suited for a winning team that can go deep in the playoffs - he doesn't have those characteristics

Kudos to Chip and the Eagles for doing this - I have full trust in what they're doing

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look... take solace in this fact...

Chip Kelly is smarter than 99.9999999999999999999999999999 % of all football coaches on the planet....

So don't sweat the release of Jackson. In all seriousness...I bet you don't miss him in the least.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the right move for a lot of reasons:

1) You don't want this to turn into an Aaron Hernandez/Patriots situation where something even worse comes up later on and then you have to scramble for WR's late in the offseason
2) DeSean has complained about wanting a new contract every offseason and at some point if that's what he's going to do, it's time to let him go
3) Darren Sproles' signing was key because they knew what was going on here and now they have him and they can add a WR in the draft
4) Eagles save 6.75 million in cap space
5) DeSean getting his house robbed tells you everything you need to know - he's been with these gangs and the Eagles have hired former FBI agents that have cut their teeth trying to end these mafia's on the streets so they're well in tune with everything that goes on with these players off the field - Eagles aren't going to put up with any of this and I like what Chip is doing - this is why the Eagles pay for former FBI's because they feel like off the field stuff is important for them - they won't put up with any of this

DeSean has a lot of talent but the baggage isn't worth it and it's not as if the Eagles have won anything with him anyways - he doesn't seem like the type of player that is suited for a winning team that can go deep in the playoffs - he doesn't have those characteristics

Kudos to Chip and the Eagles for doing this - I have full trust in what they're doing

This news does not bother me at all. He can have his gangs and rap music and probably still play for another team. I was more upset that they released Avant. I wonder if they would have kept Avant if they knew this would happen.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The front office isn't gonna start spewing crap to the media, there is more to this story and the Eagles are taken the high road, good for them. I'm sure they'll hear some bitchn and moanin next season if the offense has issues, so what, it's a process and this move is good for the team moving forward..

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This news does not bother me at all. He can have his gangs and rap music and probably still play for another team. I was more upset that they released Avant. I wonder if they would have kept Avant if they knew this would happen.

I like Jason Avant but for his role as a 3rd-4th receiver he would be making too much money

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The front office isn't gonna start spewing crap to the media, there is more to this story and the Eagles are taken the high road, good for them. I'm sure they'll hear some bitchn and moanin next season if the offense has issues, so what, it's a process and this move is good for the team moving forward..

I think people have to take into perspective that there are 32 teams in the league and 31 of them will be searching for answers at the end of the season

I'm glad the Eagles are doing this, and the more I think about it, the more I think it's a football move too when it's all set and done - realistically, how many really good years would DeSean have left? One, maybe two years max like he did in 2013? Even without the off the field stuff, he would probably be gone soon anyways - I said weeks ago before all of this came out that if he's going to ask for a contract every offseason, it would be time to let him go - it's just not worth going through that every offseason and every year he gets older, the less he's worth that money just due to age in general - Eagles will find a solid receiver in one of the first few rounds and WR is one of the easiest positions to plug and play - they'll be just fine and DeSean's loss won't be the make it or break it for them - the key will always be the defense and that's what the Eagles should continue to improve on

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm amazed how many people immensely overrate DJ. If you are ranking WRs, he's not in the top 15. Dude is a one trick pony, with speed and nothing else. His hands are average, he's a very poor route-runner, and he can't go over the middle because he has a giant case of alligator-arms (ever since Dunta Robinson cleaned his clock a few years ago).

Signing Sproles covers DJ's contributions in both the return game and the backfield, so all we need is to draft a solid WR next month and this is a complete non-issue.

Dude was a giant fucking cancer, and I couldn't be happier that he's gone.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Gang ties" is a joke. Half the league has "gang ties" by the standards desean is being held to.

This was all about money. The rest is to distract for the real reason they released him.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Gang ties" is a joke. Half the league has "gang ties" by the standards desean is being held to.

This was all about money. The rest is to distract for the real reason they released him.

Because his salary totally explains why 31 teams refused to give us even a 6th/7th round pick for him.....

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does. He isn't worth 10 million dollars a year. The issue wasn't draft pick cost, it was salary cost.

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His campaigning for a new contract after each season because he pisses away money like its candy doesn't help his cause either. Meanwhile you got guys playing thier hearts out on a rookie/entry level contract getting paid league minimum and you don't hear a peep outta them!