• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So, I think it's pretty clear....

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether he performs well from here on out or not, this is probably Lynch's last year here and it probably should be. I'd personally like to see him come back next year, especially if he finishes this season strong, but it might be better for the team in the long-run to take the "ripping off a bandaid" approach after the season and see whether Turbin or Michael is ready to take on the responsibility of being the bellcow for this offense, or if they need to find somebody else for that role. It's gonna have to happen eventually and I think they might take the stance that it'd be better to let go of Lynch a year too early than a year too late.

Besides, I really don't want to see another Shaun Alexander situation. Lynch may not get booed out-of-town by the fans like Alexander did, but due to his aversion to giving interviews, I don't think he'll be spared by the local media any more than Alexander was when his career came to a screeching halt. He got enough crap from them during the playoffs and the run-up to the Super Bowl last year, and that's when things were going well for him and the team. I can't imagine that adding declining play to that mix would be good for anyone involved.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's great having Lynch on the team and he had a great day. But the truth is that we were simply gashing the Giants on the ground. Wilson had over 100 yards. Michael had 77 yards on 4 freaking carries.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's great having Lynch on the team and he had a great day. But the truth is that we were simply gashing the Giants on the ground. Wilson had over 100 yards. Michael had 77 yards on 4 freaking carries.

Agreed entirely. Lynch had a monster game and is a big part of the reason we won our only Super Bowl, but Lynch hasn't just DESTROYED it this year every game. Granted he's dealing with a terrible line but Peterson dealt with a crap line and team for a while and still gouged groups.

Lynch is wearing down a little, and Carroll must know this considering the reduced # of snaps.

I am a big fan of Lynch but the Giants let us run all over them. They DESPERATELY need some decent linebackers on that team. Good lord.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed entirely. Lynch had a monster game and is a big part of the reason we won our only Super Bowl, but Lynch hasn't just DESTROYED it this year every game. Granted he's dealing with a terrible line but Peterson dealt with a crap line and team for a while and still gouged groups.

Lynch is wearing down a little, and Carroll must know this considering the reduced # of snaps.

I am a big fan of Lynch but the Giants let us run all over them. They DESPERATELY need some decent linebackers on that team. Good lord.

You're right, he hasn't gashed teams this season. And yes, part of that is because of the injuries on the offensive line. But like I've said before he has been huge in the passing game and huge in providing a spark for the team with his physical play. Right now Lynch is second on the team in receptions, third in receiving yards, and first in TD catches. That is despite his somewhat limited playing time when compared to last season. This offense would be a mess without him. They need to find a way to at least keep him under contract for next season. Turbin and Michael are both decent backs, but they aren't going to replace Beast Mode.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't blame lynch when bevell only gives him 6-10 carries in multiple games this year.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looking at him, his vision and quickness is as good as its ever been. I dont see this slowing down that some of speak of, not at all.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to predict that Lynch is on the team next year. Didn't think that last preseason, but I do now. Time will tell.