• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So, I think it's pretty clear....

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... and has been for a few weeks now that the front office needs to try to re-sign Lynch. There is more money now that Harvin is gone, they need to try to get something done. Yeah there are some guys on D to consider and obviously Wilson is a priority, but this offense would probably be dead last in the league without Marshawn.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just because of one game we need to resign lynch? He had a good game but A. where at home B. it was raining C. the giants just played a monday night game then traveled 3000 miles to play us D. they already give up on avg 119 yards a game so before we give this back who will be 29 this summer a 4 year contract lets see what he does next week against a really good chiefs D in a hostile environment

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Future is the future though.. I think we have him through next year if we choose... He's a great running back so I do hope we keep him around ... Hell he can retire a Seahawk and i'll be happy... The guy will retire a legend here...

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just because of one game we need to resign lynch? He had a good game but A. where at home B. it was raining C. the giants just played a monday night game then traveled 3000 miles to play us D. they already give up on avg 119 yards a game so before we give this back who will be 29 this summer a 4 year contract lets see what he does next week against a really good chiefs D in a hostile environment

I said it has been apparent for the last FEW WEEKS. Not just today, but I think he really rammed the point home today. Even when the O-Line has sucked and there has been nowhere to run Lynch has mad big plays in the passing game and provided a spark for the offense. I'm not saying a 4 year contract either, I'm just saying they need to try to work something out since we keep hearing all this talk about him leaving next year.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be pretty cool if the Seahawks could structure some of these contracts so that they have fewer money next year with a little bit extra guaranteed in years 2+ to make up for it. Might put them in cap hell a few years down the road if they do that though. Glad these are decisions I don't have to make.

I think it would be great if Seattle could find a way to re-sign Wilson and some of the big players on defense and keep Lynch. My thinking however is that Lynch is gone after this season.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are aware of the market for 30-year-old RBs, right? The Seahawks will run the legs off of Lynch this year, and make him a reasonable market-rate offer for next year. That means he will end up either retiring or playing for a crap team who grossly overpays him for a year or so, and then retiring. I hope I am wrong, and that he stays around to peg fans with Skittles for years to come, but I don't see it happening.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it has been apparent for the last FEW WEEKS. Not just today, but I think he really rammed the point home today. Even when the O-Line has sucked and there has been nowhere to run Lynch has mad big plays in the passing game and provided a spark for the offense. I'm not saying a 4 year contract either, I'm just saying they need to try to work something out since we keep hearing all this talk about him leaving next year.

I say just honor his contract. Give him his 9 million next year, then see what's happens. I really thought next year was the time to part with him, but no longer. Need him back next year IMO, Turbin and Micheals don't look like the answer, at least not yet.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are aware of the market for 30-year-old RBs, right? The Seahawks will run the legs off of Lynch this year, and make him a reasonable market-rate offer for next year. That means he will end up either retiring or playing for a crap team who grossly overpays him for a year or so, and then retiring. I hope I am wrong, and that he stays around to peg fans with Skittles for years to come, but I don't see it happening.

They haven't been overworking him so far. In fact, they've taken many opportunities to rest him and had a few games where they flat out didn't run the ball much at all. Even in today's game, he only ran the ball 21 times, which is a relatively small amount. If their intention was to wear him out this year and wring every last bit of production out of him, it hasn't been evident in how he's been used so far. I'm sure he'd argue that he's been underused to this point.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes under contract next yr. just dont cut him if they want him

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont understand the aversion to keeping him. Yes, the Giants had some situational things going against them, but that doesn't make this game today some kind fluke. We've seen him do that same stuff against some of the best defenses in the league. Physically, he's looked better this year than ever before, so barring a freak injury I'm not worried about him slowing down too soon.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's under contract for next year.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. And absolutely nobody expects him to be on the team next year. Technicalities for the loss.

I do. In the preseason he looked as good as ever, I never bought in to the fact that the plan is to move in next year. People from some reason are talking about him like he's on the downswing, he definitely is not.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch will be gone after this year, and it really just needs to be that way. He's already sharing a lot of carries and while he's a dominant force, it's time to move on. Those tires are going to keep getting flat every step of the way. Even if he wanted a cheap deal (like 1 year $4M) I'd rather spend that money on more interior pass rush.

Also, Lynch was great yesterday don't get me wrong ,but I could've gotten a 3 yard average with the holes the line was opening, and that's STILL with James Carpenter out. There's a reason Wilson and Michael were running through WIDE OPEN holes as well.

If Michael fixes his fumble issues, he's definitely the back of the future. Carroll is cautiously giving him snaps (and I believe Michael really f'd up with that fumble in preseason), but ultimately Michael will be the guy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am amazed at Lynch's ability to maintain his performance game after game.
At this point it looks like we should retain Marshawn for 2015. The team's cap only goes up a half mil compared to Marshawns hit this year.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch is without question the best player on offense, arguably on the whole team. Letting him go after this year is crazy talk.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch is without question the best player on offense, arguably on the whole team. Letting him go after this year is crazy talk.

No question about it. The cap hit will be 8.5 mil next year which for your best offensive player isnt outrageous. The only issue will it be another hold out situation next off season? What I do know is the identity of the offense is the power run game so hopefully that can get ironed out in the offseason.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lynch was seriously pissed when his friend Harvin was traded, and was sulking for a couple of weeks.

But he's back to football business now.

Wilson is also working through his slump.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lynch was seriously pissed when his friend Harvin was traded, and was sulking for a couple of weeks.

But he's back to football business now.

Wilson is also working through his slump.

Wilson has been slumping a bit... But agreed he'll work through it... it's tough sometimes in Seattle weather....