• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So I have a dilemma

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it's always just funny beating WSU because you guys hate us so much. We have no animosity toward WSU because the rivalry has been so one sided.

The reason there is so much animosity is that Cougs have pride for their school. Huskies football fans talk down to Cougs yet most of Husky football fans never attended the University. Just take the Husky honks for example, you got one Husky grad, a BCC grad and a Coug alum. Describes the Husky fan base in a nutshell.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason there is so much animosity is that Cougs have pride for their school. Huskies football fans talk down to Cougs yet most of Husky football fans never attended the University. Just take the Husky honks for example, you got one Husky grad, a BCC grad and a Coug alum. Describes the Husky fan base in a nutshell.

Don't really have a comeback here. I personally have no animosity towards the Cougs since my grandfather went to UW and WSU and my father went to WSU and Seattle U. I also love Mike Leach to death. He's probably my favorite sports figure alive, dude is arguably the most interesting man in the world.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife's grandfather actually played baseball and football for WSU. He started at QB in an Apple Cup game way before it was known as that. I am a long time Huskie fan (Warren Moon era) with zero connection to the school. I know it has nothing to do with this thread, but I was feeling left out on here. :)

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't really have a comeback here. I personally have no animosity towards the Cougs since my grandfather went to UW and WSU and my father went to WSU and Seattle U. I also love Mike Leach to death. He's probably my favorite sports figure alive, dude is arguably the most interesting man in the world.

My cousin played football for the Palouse Posse which why I grew up a Coug. Then all the douchebags in classes ahead of me went to Muttlake. I have no animosity but I do get a twinkle in my eye when you guys lose. I don’t actively root against you though it is damn close when you play Oregon.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife's grandfather actually played baseball and football for WSU. He started at QB in an Apple Cup game way before it was known as that. I am a long time Huskie fan (Warren Moon era) with zero connection to the school. I know it has nothing to do with this thread, but I was feeling left out on here. :)

So you’re the one Husky fan that doesn’t have revisionist history that they didn’t boo Warren Moon because he had a tan year round?

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try the Diamondbacks. They don’t have much of a fan base and have had some really good teams.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I learned when the Sonics left that you really only get one chance at picking your teams as a die hard sports fan. At that point i was a free agent allowed to choose any team of my liking because my team no longer existed, and after trying to root for the home team Phoenix Suns I realized that the fandom for your team is bigger than wins or losses. That connection you made as a kid is a bond that isn’t able to be broken, and in this case I gave up on my favorite sport of basketball. So even when we’re in almost a 20 year playoff drought there’s still only one team worth rooting for because the connection to the team and city is what keeps me tuning in.

That being said, CAN WE FRIGGEN WIN SOME BALL GAMES ALREADY :gaah:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you’re the one Husky fan that doesn’t have revisionist history that they didn’t boo Warren Moon because he had a tan year round?

I was young back in Moon's day and don't remember the booing. I loved the guy and was always ticked my Hawks didn't sign him out of college. I was also a huge Jacque Robinson fan. I have never based my love/hate of an athlete on his color just his attitude.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was young back in Moon's day and don't remember the booing. I loved the guy and was always ticked my Hawks didn't sign him out of college. I was also a huge Jacque Robinson fan. I have never based my love/hate of an athlete on his color just his attitude.

I wasn’t alive either at the time but every non objective UW fan and even Warren himself on the NFL network special on him say Husky fans booed the shit out of him until it was obvious he was taking them to the Rose Bowl.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn’t alive either at the time but every non objective UW fan and even Warren himself on the NFL network special on him say Husky fans booed the shit out of him until it was obvious he was taking them to the Rose Bowl.

That is just sad. I know the times were different back then but still.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My cousin played football for the Palouse Posse which why I grew up a Coug. Then all the douchebags in classes ahead of me went to Muttlake. I have no animosity but I do get a twinkle in my eye when you guys lose. I don’t actively root against you though it is damn close when you play Oregon.

I can't speak for other people but even if I were a Wazzu fan I think I'd still probably hate Oregon more than UW.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Rooting Interest:

Football:
1) Huskies
2) WSU
3) Any non-Cali Pac 12 Team

Basketball:
1) Zags
2) Huskies
3) Any non-Cali Pac 12 Team

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't speak for other people but even if I were a Wazzu fan I think I'd still probably hate Oregon more than UW.

I hate Oregon more, but I don’t grin when they lose. If I stumble upon the UW fat pitch losing I grin, when I stumble upon Oregon playing a sport I just get irritated because the school would’ve dropped their athletic programs had it not been for Phil Knight’s dumb waffle iron.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I learned when the Sonics left that you really only get one chance at picking your teams as a die hard sports fan. At that point i was a free agent allowed to choose any team of my liking because my team no longer existed, and after trying to root for the home team Phoenix Suns I realized that the fandom for your team is bigger than wins or losses. That connection you made as a kid is a bond that isn’t able to be broken, and in this case I gave up on my favorite sport of basketball. So even when we’re in almost a 20 year playoff drought there’s still only one team worth rooting for because the connection to the team and city is what keeps me tuning in.

That being said, CAN WE FRIGGEN WIN SOME BALL GAMES ALREADY :gaah:

Especially for those of us who were children during 95 and don’t remember the dark days. I went to Kingdome prior but don’t remember besides being pissed at my dad that I wanted to leave so he said ok then Junior hit homerun where we were at. It’s why I tell my kids to pound sound when they want something but I don’t. I remember the semi liking the Mariners but really liking the Blue Jays because they were on TV every game, then liking the Expos in the strike shortened season. But my first real interest in baseball for an extended period in time was mid August of 95. It’s like a shitty marriage, you can cheat all you want but even if you marry your side chick you will always care about your first wife more....even if she takes half your shit.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is just sad. I know the times were different back then but still.

True, and I thank god I didn’t grow up in that time. My two childhood heroes were Griffey and Payton..plus Edgar but he is irrelevant to my point. I never thought they looked different than me so I couldn’t root for them and for that I am forever grateful.