• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So I have a dilemma

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching a couple of teams that were supposedly "years away" not too long ago going at each other over 7 games I'm clearly not rooting for this shit show of a franchise anymore. So I'm basically stuck between SF, Oakland, and LAA as my new team. Grew up in the Bay Area and actually used to root for the Giants but I can't stand that cesspool that the bay area has turned into. And they don't play up here so I can't go to any games. Also liked the A's too but they're just a slightly better version than us who will never be any better than losing a wild card game. So I'm thinking the Angels. They play up here a lot obviously and even if they do have a bad season I could totally be a Mike Trout fan boy/nut hugger to get me through the season.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know man, I am honestly looking forward to watching these young guys they have stock piled here move and play!
I know Dipoto and his monkey of a manger will some how some way screw something up along the way, but just watching a younger player develop and come into his own is the best way to see a club start to win.....

Oh and if they act like the Nats Soto does at the plate trade his ass, Im shocked that kid hasn't been thrown at more.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every thing I’ve seen, Rodriguez has a chance at being Soto next year if the Mariners bring him up.

But if you are a NW fan I say start rooting for the A’s because my firm belief is they will be in Portland by 2025. With a contentious CBA looming the A’s cheap ass ownership is going to be brought up by the players. They gave in on a luxury tax assuming the owners would play by the intent of it and some aren’t like the A’s.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be great to have the A's down the road in Portland. I think it would end up being a motivator for both the A's ownership (?) and then M's ownership. The market in Portland is ripe for an MLB team IMO.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be great to have the A's down the road in Portland. I think it would end up being a motivator for both the A's ownership (?) and then M's ownership. The market in Portland is ripe for an MLB team IMO.

Be great for me since it is 45 minutes away instead of 2 hours from Seattle. Plus, I could use a new team to root for.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Be great for me since it is 45 minutes away instead of 2 hours from Seattle. Plus, I could use a new team to root for.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone but the Angels man, screw that franchise

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching a couple of teams that were supposedly "years away" not too long ago going at each other over 7 games I'm clearly not rooting for this shit show of a franchise anymore. So I'm basically stuck between SF, Oakland, and LAA as my new team. Grew up in the Bay Area and actually used to root for the Giants but I can't stand that cesspool that the bay area has turned into. And they don't play up here so I can't go to any games. Also liked the A's too but they're just a slightly better version than us who will never be any better than losing a wild card game. So I'm thinking the Angels. They play up here a lot obviously and even if they do have a bad season I could totally be a Mike Trout fan boy/nut hugger to get me through the season.

I wish I could force myself to root for another team. Unless I move to a different city, I'm stuck with the Mariners.

Twins are always an interesting option. Hard not to root for Nelson Cruz.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Live and die with Phillies/Mariners baseball. I'll root for the Rays when they make the post season. Always have a low payroll but play good baseball.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When the A’s move to Portland it will certainly be under new ownership. The whole point of the MLBPA caving on a luxury tax was to not allow “moneyball” to be the philosophy of the entire organization. Oakland is bad for the MLBPA and frankly baseball as a whole. It’s good they develop talent but bad they develop talent that only wins in other organizations.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the A’s move to Portland it will certainly be under new ownership. The whole point of the MLBPA caving on a luxury tax was to not allow “moneyball” to be the philosophy of the entire organization. Oakland is bad for the MLBPA and frankly baseball as a whole. It’s good they develop talent but bad they develop talent that only wins in other organizations.

Can't argue that.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could never switch to rooting for the A's. I grew up in Sacramento. My hatred for all Oakland teams is undying.

I'm just glad the River Cats got purchased by the Giants. Always felt conflicted rooting for guys that would one day be playing the Mariners regularly.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could never switch to rooting for the A's. I grew up in Sacramento. My hatred for all Oakland teams is undying.

I'm just glad the River Cats got purchased by the Giants. Always felt conflicted rooting for guys that would one day be playing the Mariners regularly.

Well there is a reason then. You can’t hate a team for so long then all of sudden be a die hard fan. This is why every year when UW and Oregon play and people ask who I want to win I always want a terrorist attack or bomb scare to cancel the game. I could switch allegiances but couldn’t ever root for a team I have a deep rooted hatred or dislike of.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there is a reason then. You can’t hate a team for so long then all of sudden be a die hard fan. This is why every year when UW and Oregon play and people ask who I want to win I always want a terrorist attack or bomb scare to cancel the game. I could switch allegiances but couldn’t ever root for a team I have a deep rooted hatred or dislike of.

Whenever WSU and Oregon play I always root for WSU. When WSU has a good season, it makes the inevitable UW win over WSU in the Apple Cup even more satisfying.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whenever WSU and Oregon play I always root for WSU. When WSU has a good season, it makes the inevitable UW win over WSU in the Apple Cup even more satisfying.

So what you are saying is UW only has a satisfying season when they beat WSU since UW has never won a real championship in their history? I don’t care if beating UW means something good for us, I prefer UW to receive the death penalty.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you are saying is UW only has a satisfying season when they beat WSU since UW has never won a real championship in their history? I don’t care if beating UW means something good for us, I prefer UW to receive the death penalty.

No it's always just funny beating WSU because you guys hate us so much. We have no animosity toward WSU because the rivalry has been so one sided.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sticking with the hapless M's will make it all the more sweeter when they become competent. In the meantime, their ongoing record of consecutive seasons missing the post-season is extremely impressive.

The icing on the cake is that I don't have to show up early to bobble head games, and the beer garden isn't super packed.