• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

so far Bennet is on the radar

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago Tribune

If they sign him then its bye bye Julius.........what the Bears do in free agency is going to tell what they will do with Peppers and maybe Jays contract option.......

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago Tribune

If they sign him then its bye bye Julius.........what the Bears do in free agency is going to tell what they will do with Peppers and maybe Jays contract option.......

Oh no........we can`t have that......that would be a big name signing that some of you people told me was not gonna happen.

And to think,all this "We have no cap room" talk.

please guys,don`t let me tell you "I told you so" :noidea:

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of Tuesday we will have 6+ mil in cap space......

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no........we can`t have that......that would be a big name signing that some of you people told me was not gonna happen.

And to think,all this "We have no cap room" talk.

please guys,don`t let me tell you "I told you so" :noidea:

Uh... we don't have any cap room.

And if I'm just speaking for myself, all I ever said was that a big name signing just means Peppers will have to restructure or be cut.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rather have Johnson, Wooton DE tandem. Bennet reaped the benefits of strong team around him.
Wouldn't mind Johnson & Bennet. But we all know the cap issues.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rather have Johnson, Wooton DE tandem. Bennet reaped the benefits of strong team around him.
Wouldn't mind Johnson & Bennet. But we all know the cap issues.

Yeah... signing both would be quite the splash and I don't know where the cash would come from.

However, it would be quite exciting. Allows us to focus on the secondary in the draft. Grab a linebacker.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... signing both would be quite the splash and I don't know where the cash would come from.

However, it would be quite exciting. Allows us to focus on the secondary in the draft. Grab a linebacker.

Thanks . But I think safety & CB are more of a concern.
Watching the Bears since 63' . Haven't seen too much bad MLB play. But in this day and age, just think DBs are going to the backbone of a good D. Pass rush helps every phase of the D.
Just think good Dbs are going to help win more games.
It's a passing league now. You have to cover guys. Weather it be WR,RB, or TEs. DBs it's their job .
The run can be stopped by a good line and average LBs.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks . But I think safety & CB are more of a concern.
Watching the Bears since 63' . Haven't seen too much bad MLB play. But in this day and age, just think DBs are going to the backbone of a good D. Pass rush helps every phase of the D.
Just think good Dbs are going to help win more games.
It's a passing league now. You have to cover guys. Weather it be WR,RB, or TEs. DBs it's their job .
The run can be stopped by a good line and average LBs.

Did you watch our LB play last season? It was god awful, and a huge reason why our run defense was so bad. Bostic is grossly undersized to play MLB, and will NEVER EVER sniff success at the position. I guarantee it. I have no idea how you could ignore the fact that our LB play got so bad, and our run D dropped off of a cliff simultaneously.

Also, I don't see why you felt the need to mention that. I stated the secondary as our biggest need after D-line. "Grab a linebacker"... Not "take one early. If you're drafting by position anyway, you're high. This defense is an all-around train wreck, they don't need "pieces"... you draft the best player available.

And if you're watching closely. It's very hard to deny that this league is turning more and more back into a running NFL. Not the other way around, like most think. Hawks, Niners, Pats... three of your final four teams this past year. All running and defensive teams.

Hell... the Seahawks D isn't even great because of their DB's. They're great because they have D-line depth coming out of their ass, and overall. The best front seven in football. Safeties... DB's... etc... can only do so much without a good pass rush. It's not a coincidence Conte and Wright suddenly looked awful in 2013 after looking serviceable in years past.

Last edited by a moderator:

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch our LB play last season? It was god awful, and a huge reason why our run defense was so bad. Bostic is grossly undersized to play MLB, and will NEVER EVER sniff success at the position. I guarantee it. I have no idea how you could ignore the fact that our LB play got so bad, and our run D dropped off of a cliff simultaneously.

Also, I don't see why you felt the need to mention that. I stated the secondary as our biggest need after D-line. "Grab a linebacker"... Not "take one early. If you're drafting by position anyway, you're high. This defense is an all-around train wreck, they don't need "pieces"... you draft the best player available.

And if you're watching closely. It's very hard to deny that this league is turning more and more back into a running NFL. Not the other way around, like most think. Hawks, Niners, Pats... three of your final four teams this past year. All running and defensive teams.

Hell... the Seahawks D isn't even great because of their DB's. They're great because they have D-line depth coming out of their ass, and overall. The best front seven in football. Safeties... DB's... etc... can only do so much without a good pass rush. It's not a coincidence Conte and Wright suddenly looked awful in 2013 after looking serviceable in years past.

You been drinking Rich? :lol:
To start off with. I blame the poor rush D on the injuries to the D-Line. They're paid to keep O-lineman off said LBs so they can make a play on the RB. But that didn't happen.
So the worst unfolded. Our LBs & DBs got unmasked for who they are. Pretty much horse shit. To put mildly.
I don't think LB is our major concern.
I have to disagree about you're statement about their D not being great about their DBs . Their DBs cover exceptionally well. Which gives their D-Line time to rush the passer.
It is an 11 man team sport on both sides of the ball.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh... we don't have any cap room.

And if I'm just speaking for myself, all I ever said was that a big name signing just means Peppers will have to restructure or be cut.

As far as caproom,I don`t know what we have.i won`t look it up,nor do I wanna try to figure out how it they can work it.
But I do believe they will figure something out somehow to land someone big. Our defense is too god awful to let our powerhouse offense go to waste.
And they know its gonna take more than three draft picks to get us there.And thats if they are not busts,And you hope the last of the picks even make the team..........Whether they gotta cut someone or restructure,it will be done.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
spin it , turn it around, flip it

You been drinking Rich? :lol:
To start off with. I blame the poor rush D on the injuries to the D-Line. They're paid to keep O-lineman off said LBs so they can make a play on the RB. But that didn't happen.
So the worst unfolded. Our LBs & DBs got unmasked for who they are. Pretty much horse shit. To put mildly.
I don't think LB is our major concern.
I have to disagree about you're statement about their D not being great about their DBs . Their DBs cover exceptionally well. Which gives their D-Line time to rush the passer.
It is an 11 man team sport on both sides of the ball.

The defensive linemen get paid to put the QB on his ass, move him from his spot, make him uncomfortable. Stop the run. Disrupt pays........pressure helps the DBs not the other way around.......our LBs WERE A PROBLEM.so was the d-line and DBs.....the defense stunk .