• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

so about the la russa rumor...

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this press conference.... 1604002085085.gif

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you don't know that at all! age DOES things to a person no matter how great they used to be! you think these young guys are going to listen much to an old fart like larussa? you're in for a rude awakening.

I gotta hold on to that hope until we've proven we're no good on the field...Until then, we're in the running/contenders in 2021. I really do agree that this is depressing ass news, but the team itself is still very good-especially if we get a stud SP. Maybe we can overcome whatever LaRussa does wrong (hopefully minimal)?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta hold on to that hope until we've proven we're no good on the field...Until then, we're in the running/contenders in 2021. I really do agree that this is depressing ass news, but the team itself is still very good-especially if we get a stud SP. Maybe we can overcome whatever LaRussa does wrong (hopefully minimal)?
Glass half full Jiddy!! My kinda fan!!!

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"This was a Jerry Reinsdorf decision."

LOL...Ya don't say Jeff?

Reinsdorf is FAR too loyal to his people, which is admirable as a person but not great for winning.

That said, 2005 proved you don't need a good manager to win a title, as did 2015 and many other years.

If they keep adding talent it won't matter.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn’t look like it at the presser at all
this quote from mlb,com "But Hahn stressed it was a decision made by the consensus of himself, Reinsdorf and executive vice president Ken Williams" leaves room to doubt hahn was in favor of it .... but i don't think he ever suggested stepping down if it happened. i imagine the vote was 2 to 1 and that was the consensus. the thing that pisses me off is hahn SHOULD have been the final say and i'm sure he wasn't. williams' track record would suggest he shouldn't have ANY say! reinsdork doesn't have the brains to know who to trust ... even when it should be obvious. and this is why i despise our owner.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this quote from mlb,com "But Hahn stressed it was a decision made by the consensus of himself, Reinsdorf and executive vice president Ken Williams" leaves room to doubt hahn was in favor of it .... but i don't think he ever suggested stepping down if it happened. i imagine the vote was 2 to 1 and that was the consensus. the thing that pisses me off is hahn SHOULD have been the final say and i'm sure he wasn't. williams' track record would suggest he shouldn't have ANY say! reinsdork doesn't have the brains to know who to trust ... even when it should be obvious. and this is why i despise our owner.
Kenny has a job for life (What does he actually do these days) - why should he disagree with the boss? Hahn is obviously trying to make the best of a bad situation now.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White Sox clubhouse
"Somebody leave their grandpa here"
"No, it's our new manager"

Bearsfan81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way Hahn was on board with this. Jerry made this call and Rick went along with it because he’s not the boss. What a terrible way to start the 2021 offseason. For the first time in years people were looking at the White Sox as an organization to follow.

I will root for LaRussa’s success of course, but the game has changed so much in the last 10 years. How will he be as effective as he once was?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way Hahn was on board with this. Jerry made this call and Rick went along with it because he’s not the boss. What a terrible way to start the 2021 offseason. For the first time in years people were looking at the White Sox as an organization to follow.

I will root for LaRussa’s success of course, but the game has changed so much in the last 10 years. How will he be as effective as he once was?
I agree wholeheartedly with both of you. No way was Hahn on board with this until of course Reinsdorf made it clear it was his way or the highway. But like you Bearsfan, I will wholeheartedly root for La Russa's success this season. Like just about everybody else in the White Sox fan world, I was against the hire. But it's done and there's no use crying over spilled milk. My concern now is clearly focused how the Sox can improve their chances to try and take us to the promised land.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Reinsdorf is playing 3D chess and we are all armchair GMs. If we wanted to make a difference, we’d need about $2 billion.