• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SN Poll: Are Niners serious contenders?

Excel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alaska 50-50... damn you Palin.

Idaho really rooting for us, perhaps the Iupati connection?

Idaho has an insane amount of people from California living here. Northern California in particular. I myself grew up in both North Cal and Idaho. Had one parent from each.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Or imagine being able to be magically whisked away to Delaware! Hi... I'm in Delaware.."

this went completely over my head.

It's a quote from Wayne's World. I assume, the joke is when someone starts a sentence like that, you'd assume the culmination and wonder of Delaware was something other than being able to say that you were in Delaware. Then, again, I'm going based upon the text because I didn't remember that from the movie.

It's like the Steve Martin quote, "A day with out light is like, well, night." Or like I told my daughter, "That's a star fish, you know why it's called a star fish? Because it's a fish." (As opposed to saying, "because it looks like a star." She's six months old so she has no idea what I'm saying, plus, I know a star fish is not actually a fish.) "Or some people call that a big fish, but really it's a whale." (I've heard people in documentaries and children shows say that whales aren't really a big fish but rather a mammal. I always thought, well duh. So instead of telling my girl it's a mammal, I tell her it's a whale. As long as I'm telling her useless obvious facts...) Yes, my humor is weird, If I have to explain it, it isn't funny. Oh well.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can make a superbowl run. Say we get the 2 seed... then we beat a team like the Saints.... we travel to Green Bay to play them. Yes, they have a high powered offense, but the weather will be a factor in Jan. over there. It will slow down the offense, increasing our odds. And anything can happen. We have a good run game and a dominant run D. Hell, if we somehow managed to get the #1 seed, and they had to come to SF, the weather would help. Not the best footing in Candlestick that time of year.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always like the chances of a team that sports a D with the fewest points against per game.

oMEGa_49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If 49ers get the NFC #2 seed - first round bye, a "deep run in the playoffs" is achievable. Win one game, make it to the conference championships.

If 9ers are a wildcard team, I see them winning at least one game... not necessarily a deep run.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What's interesting is that when I looked at the map and focused on the NFC West states, the percentages is as follows:

Arizona 64-36
California 75-25
Missouri 61-39
Washington 64-36

These figures shows the both the geographical and demographical biases of each state.

Another interesting observation is that of all of the states that has at least one NFL franchise, the states that has NFC franchises, other than California and Washington DC, tend to have a lower percentage of favorable votes compared to states that holds only AFC franchises. This also shows a great deal of demographical bias on the part of the NFC states as opposed to the AFC states

Illinois - 67-33
Minnesotta 67-33
So Carolina 66-34
No Carolina 69-31
Texas 61-39
Louisianna 66-34
New York 66-34
Washington DC 74-26
Wisconcin 65-35
Pennsylvania 55-45
Ohio 72-28
Massachusets 70-30
Tennessee 77-23
Colorado 74-26
Florida 72-28
Maryland 74-26

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In this league just about anyone can beat anyone but the Packers are legit.

Heck yeah the Niners are contenders.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the nfl is so watered down now, even the lions are contenders

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was thinking about this earlier. There are something like 21 teams contending for the playoffs. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

This is perfect in my book - difinitely good for the NFL.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am not sure that parity through mediocrity is ideal.

Mediocrity (average) is implicit with parity, but at the end of the season the cream will rise, perhaps not with 13-3 or 12-4 records but with 11-5 or 10-6 records. Or, in the case of the NFC West, a 7 (ouch) & 9 record. I wouldn't mind a little less dominance for the sake of longer divisional races.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure that parity through mediocrity is ideal.

it makes coaching and drafting that much more important. i'll take the nfl's sytem over baseballs any day of the week

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
it makes coaching and drafting that much more important. i'll take the nfl's sytem over baseballs any day of the week

I would rather have more quality teams and better play by top teams. I liked it when good teams can stay together.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have maybe the best front 7 in the NFL and a stud CB. mix in a great KR/PR and a RB playing amazing again, we are more then contenders, we are one of the best teams out there, time to wake up people

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We have maybe the best front 7 in the NFL and a stud CB. mix in a great KR/PR and a RB playing amazing again, we are more then contenders, we are one of the best teams out there, time to wake up people

yes, we're playing like on the best teams out there. was being cautiously optimistic at 3-1 and 4-1, but now at 6-1 its hard NOT to wake up? for the regular season we're not going to win all games, but we're in top shape.

more than a few players are playing over their heads, and we've avoided multiple injuries or major injuries to key players. lets hope this continues more or less?

lastly, on paper we've have the easier road rest of season, so team and individual stats will rise. by the END of this season, will we look better (statistically) than we really are?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
best part, we're playing a schedule that fits well for our growth IMO.

WTF do I mean?
Seattle - divisional opener, a strong game to start fresh
Dallas - caught them injured/broken from defeat prior, missed that opportunity.
Cincy - played a strong defense on the road and didn't implode, played it right, safe, comeback, win on the road.
Philly - a game where we expected to lose for good reasons, both D and Alex(yes) stepped up when trailing by a few scores, showed the ability to score and stop a high scoring offense and create multiple TOs
TB - a more formidable opponent(led NFCS) at home, completely trashed them silly.
Det - a matchup of two surprises, another high scoring offense with a nasty front 4... went back n forth, didn't give up, took their best shots, stood tall and did what we needed to do. Alex came through again on the road. Beating a playoff contender on the road instilled a new level of confidence and respect.
bye
Cle - possible trap game, completely owned them in the first but back off in the 2nd while opening the playbook to some trick plays.

The upcoming Giants game, against ANOTHER division leader/playoff contender...
Then Baltimore in Baltimore against a playoff contender/playoff caliber defense....

Then a MNF vs the Steelers who are on the rise and "could" be argued for the #2 team in the league....

We are on an appropiate path to better ourselves every week accordingly and could make some real noise in the playoffs....

blah!