• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Smoke and Mirrors

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember a couple of posters on here that gave me crap back when we beat Houston. I said it was a great win, but I wasn't impressed. I was told if that didn't impress me I'm not watching the games.

Well that game didn't impress me, I also wasn't impressed by beating the Colts and Bears! Again, both of those were great wins. I was loving it, but I also realized that we were playing against two of the worst run defenses in the NFL.

Everyone was saying that the moves on the oline were working out great, we found our future running back!
I still think DRich is a good RB, but I agree Stacy is our current and future RB, he deserves it. We will never know what DRich would have done against the Colts and Bears, and at this point it's irrelevant, Stacy IS our RB.

My excitement has at least been tempered by the fact that I realized we were looking good against teams that were not playing very well. To many people only look at the final results and not why those results came about. Houston has proved that since we played them, they are not very good, the Colts have lost a lot of games since then, and the Bears aren't very good. True we still have to beat them, and we did, and we looked good doing it, but I at least knew we weren't as good as we were looking.

So was I impressed? No! We have a very young team, we do have a lot of talent, we do make a lot of mistakes, the kind that young talented teams make. I think we have to deal with it for now, and hope that we continue to improve, which I think we are doing!

Fitz had a huge game today, but overall I think our defense played fairly well, we didn't get any pressure on Palmer, which surprised me, but then again Arizona played a very good game on both sides of the ball, sometimes that happens.

I think we have some good pieces on offense, but we absolutely need a QB and help on the oline! PERIOD!

Last edited by a moderator:

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct, Smed. This team has some pieces and they have improved since a couple of years ago.

This team needs a leader. Ideally, a QB. Maybe the Rams will draft or trade for one. Right now the Rams are a sparring partner for most of the League. I'm tired of it.