• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Smith Out Of ReHab?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice! Now for Manningham if he's ready.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Something that recently came to my attention that may be bad news for Aldon: Penal Code section 30600, importing an assault rifle, is a straight felony. Many crimes are "wobblers," meaning they can either be felonies or misdemeanors. This is not one of them. As a result, he may not get an offer to plead to a misdemeanor. We shall see...

They could ding with that code but the into on that one is more gun trafficking and selling guns so I think there is a chance he could argue his way to a 30605 which is possession with up to a year in county.

He's going to have good representation that will argue it was just a man who owned a couple of guns in his personal collection and not someone with an arsenal, trying to sell them, or some crazy that is going to go on a shooting rampage.

He might wind up serving jail time but I think he's going to get a hefty fine and probation from it.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
They could ding with that code but the into on that one is more gun trafficking and selling guns so I think there is a chance he could argue his way to a 30605 which is possession with up to a year in county.

He's going to have good representation that will argue it was just a man who owned a couple of guns in his personal collection and not someone with an arsenal, trying to sell them, or some crazy that is going to go on a shooting rampage.

He might wind up serving jail time but I think he's going to get a hefty fine and probation from it.

So in California is it illegal to possess and ar15? And if so what is the thinking behind banning it?

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
So in California is it illegal to possess and ar15? And if so what is the thinking behind banning it?

These were the guns he had that got him into trouble

Armalite AR10-T .308-caliber rifle, a Bushmaster ACR chambered for 5.56mm NATO cartridges and a Bushmaster Carbon 15 .223-caliber rifle.

When it comes to why they are banned I couldn't tell you.