• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Smack Talk Thread

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think RG3 took a huge step last night. He flashed the speed and moved well.
still one of the more likeable players in football. Darn shame he has your coaches.

oh well.....

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season is on the line this week in Chicago. The following week is a locked in loss vs Denver

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly thought I clicked on the Cowboys link by accident before I saw the bet, lol!

I'd be surprised if we don't beat Chicago, Cutler loves Shanny and will turn it over at least three times

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be glad to see this banner gone too. We can return the favor later this year... I'm feeling good about the Bears game as well. Think we win at home.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3m Dallas now projected to be NFL-high $31 million over salary cap next year. One NFL exec called Dallas' cap situation in 2014 "a train wreck"

We'll worry about the cap next year when we are DEFENDING the East crown. As to this week, Bronco's 54 Redskins 24

Last edited by a moderator:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll worry about the cap next year when we are DEFENDING the East crown. As to this week, Bronco's 54 Redskins 24

i wouldnt count those chickens just yet

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Home > Sports > Cowboys > Cowboys Headlines
Analyst: Solving the Dallas Cowboys' salary cap woes and why DeMarcus Ware might be on the outs

AA

Vernon Bryant/Staff Photographer
The Cowboys have become a free-agent way station for defensive lineman this season. Currently, there are seven free agents who were elsewhere last season, manning the d-line depth chart. Only tackle Jason Hatcher and ends DeMarcus Ware, whose gimpy thigh forced him to miss Sunday’s game against the Philadelphia Eagles, and Kyle Wilber, were Cowboys at the end of last season. Some have taken to calling the patchwork assemblage, “The No-Name Defensive Line.” So who are these guys? Staff writer Barry Horn tells you.
1 of 8 Next Image
By SPORTSDAYDFW.COM
Published: 26 October 2013 12:03 PM
Updated: 26 October 2013 12:03 PM
Grantland.com's Bill Barnwell spent a significant amount of time breaking down just how the Cowboys got into a situation where they were $31 million over the salary cap next year and then devised a plan for them to dig out.
The problem? Long contract extensions to players already on the roster. The players eventually ended up not living up to their contracts, causing the Cowboys to either release them or trade them and creating a significant amount of dead money on the salary.
This is most prevalent at the running back position, Barnwell points out: DeMarco Murray replaced Felix Jones who replaced Marion Barber who replaced Julius Jones who replaced Eddie George, and now the Cowboys may have to move on from Murray.
"Nobody misjudges and overpays the talent on hand more than Jerry Jones and his organization," Barnwell wrote, then pointed out almost an entire team of bad contract extensions: Barber, Terry Glenn, Patrick Crayton, Terrell Owens, Roy Williams, Miles Austin, Doug Free, Marc Colombo, Andre Gurode, Marcus Spears, Jay Ratliff, Terrence Newman, Orlando Scandrick, Gerald Sensabaugh, Roy Williams and Ken Hamlin.
So what do the Cowboys do to dig themselves out of this salary cap hole? Barnwell has a three-step solution:
1. Restructure the contracts of Tony Romo, Brandon Carr, Sean Lee, Jason Witten.
2. Release Doug Free
3. Release Miles Austin after June 1, so they can spread his cap hit over more than one season.
Barnwell estimates those moves will save the Cowboys $31 million. To get some breathing room, it might be time to say good bye to defensive end DeMarcus Ware in 2014 or 2015. His cap hit would be too big for the Cowboys to keep him and the rest of their core players.
"The Cowboys just can't afford to keep him and Romo while giving big contracts to Bryant and Smith, while the contracts to Lee and Carr will be too onerous to move," Barnwell wrote.

this isnt a good scenerio and perhaps this is the article you were referring too ? funny how you left that out

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

pretty close

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty close

Just like a dam troll to tell me to post on my board ... then come over here and run their mouth after a loss.

Way to choke another game away BTW

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins will finish 9-7, and win the division.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like a dam troll to tell me to post on my board ... then come over here and run their mouth after a loss.

Way to choke another game away BTW

Notice what thread I'm posting in?

But hey, at least you found your way back over here. Congrats :rollseyes:

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notice what thread I'm posting in?

But hey, at least you found your way back over here. Congrats :rollseyes:

No problems with my reading comprehension ...

dont confuse my responding to you as "complaining"

wouldn't want to be banned or anything

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problems with my reading comprehension ...

dont confuse my responding to you as "complaining"

wouldn't want to be banned or anything

Well that's a lame attempt to stir the pot. Still have yet to ban anyone A) for anything said on this board and B) any skins fan who was a legit poster (meaning not one of the many alts). But by all means, keep up with the childish attacks.

You made a challenge to produce "ONE, JUST ONE" post where you were trolling. I did so and you got pissed. Not my problem if you are a troll and just don't realize it.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's a lame attempt to stir the pot. Still have yet to ban anyone A) for anything said on this board and B) any skins fan who was a legit poster (meaning not one of the many alts). But by all means, keep up with the childish attacks.

You made a challenge to produce "ONE, JUST ONE" post where you were trolling. I did so and you got pissed. Not my problem if you are a troll and just don't realize it.

you enjoy this game ... ok, i'll play

Yeah, i said produce one post where I trolled in attempt to derail the thread. Those were my words.

I posted a prediction. In a prediction thread. No attempt was made to turn the conversation in another direction.

You and your ilk, Pday, Twisted, Manster, like to flame Redskins fans in an attempt to elicit an emotional reaction so you can sit behind your computer and play with your joysticks.

Just because you've been doing this since before I was born does not make you smarter.

Troll harder.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you enjoy this game ... ok, i'll play

Yeah, i said produce one post where I trolled in attempt to derail the thread. Those were my words.

I posted a prediction. In a prediction thread. No attempt was made to turn the conversation in another direction.

You and your ilk, Pday, Twisted, Manster, like to flame Redskins fans in an attempt to elicit an emotional reaction so you can sit behind your computer and play with your joysticks.

Just because you've been doing this since before I was born does not make you smarter.

Troll harder.

Right, you weren't trying to troll or derail a thread when you replied to PDay (who was ignoring you) and edited his post to say \
Originally Posted by PDay8810 View Post
poop. I have poop in my underwear.
and posted this picture in a thread not about the Skins

BVngWdNCMAMJcPL.jpg

Tell me again who was trying to elicit an emotional reaction? If you can't back it up, don't put the challenge out there.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, you weren't trying to troll or derail a thread .

what part of a prediction thread are you not understanding ?

Allow me to break it down for you ...

The picture was relevant because you were playing the Broncos. In the picture the quarterback, the guy who throws the ball, for the Denver Broncos is saying he is going to "whoop that ass" referring to how he was going to put up lots of points against your sorry ass defense.

if I had known you all were all were going to cry about these meme's a month later I would never posted on your page. I thought they were humorous, and at the time I thought you all saw the relevance & humor also.

But, this is your lame attempt to point at my "obvious trolling" so when the hammer comes down on me you have something to rationalize that decision to have me banned.

Since you're keeping score ... how many times have I trolled your page since learning your page was full of a bunch of cry baby poo poo pants 4 weeks ago ?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what part of a prediction thread are you not understanding ?

Allow me to break it down for you ...

The picture was relevant because you were playing the Broncos. In the picture the quarterback, the guy who throws the ball, for the Denver Broncos is saying he is going to "whoop that ass" referring to how he was going to put up lots of points against your sorry ass defense.

if I had known you all were all were going to cry about these meme's a month later I would never posted on your page. I thought they were humorous, and at the time I thought you all saw the relevance & humor also.

But, this is your lame attempt to point at my "obvious trolling" so when the hammer comes down on me you have something to rationalize that decision to have me banned.

Since you're keeping score ... how many times have I trolled your page since learning your page was full of a bunch of cry baby poo poo pants 4 weeks ago ?

Trolls always think they are funny, so of course you did. If Hammer bans you, then that is on you and has nothing to do with me. If you want to compare crybaby boards, lets see how many people are restricted from posting on the Dallas board. Now do the same exercise for the Skins board. Case closed.

So to recap, you are a troll. You think you are funny. Few others agree with your personal feelings. You think it is ok to post your BS anywhere you like because "it's funny". A Dallas fan shows anywhere on this board but in this thread and you and most of your fellow fans act like the world is ending. Despite that, you are still free to post on the Dallas board any time you want. Just drop the "I'm not a troll" schtick, because you are.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to compare crybaby boards, lets see how many people are restricted from posting on the Dallas board. Now do the same exercise for the Skins board. Case closed..

Or ... maybe its because the Cowboys fanbase is full of a bunch of trailer park trash trolls who live in there mothers basements who enjoy getting off by riling up normal posters.

Or, are you calling out the SportsHoopla moderators for dooing a bad job ?

I'm no troll ... i'm a good guy. But I will defend myself when attacked.

I have no problem moving past this, but you want to keep bringing it back up to start a fight.

Who is trolling who ?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or ... maybe its because the Cowboys fanbase is full of a bunch of trailer park trash trolls who live in there mothers basements who enjoy getting off by riling up normal posters.

Or, are you calling out the SportsHoopla moderators for dooing a bad job ?

I'm no troll ... i'm a good guy. But I will defend myself when attacked.

I have no problem moving past this, but you want to keep bringing it back up to start a fight.

Who is trolling who ?

Now I'm bringing this up? I'm sorry, did I come over here and address you? Seems like YOU are the one that brought it back up.

Jesus, everything is always someone elses fault with you. You are always in the right, everyone else is always wrong. Pretty sure everyone had moved passed this before YOU brought it back up tonight.