• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Slot Receiver

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been hearing that Amendola will be the new Wes Welker. I also hear that Edelman plays the slot just like WW.

I think we know who our receivers are going to be. I think Amendola will get some targets in the post but he is also a good wide. Edelman will get slot asignments but he is also going to get wide assignments.
I see no reason Boyce will not get chances in the slot.

The point of this post: The days of everything Wes Welker are gone. Not only is the ball going to be spread out to receivers more but the receivers are going to "mix and match" their positions more. Combine this with our TE's receiving and Vereen coming out ofthe backfield. This is going to be a tough offense to handle.

A hall of fame QB, very good running attack and offensive line makes this a better Offense.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they're looking for a player to play Welker's position. They didn't have anyone do what he did before he got here, remember. I think they're looking for talented players, and they're perfectly capable of adjusting the offense to what they have.

Boyce has elite speed and good quickness. If he can keep up with the playbook, they'll find a way to use him.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edelman, unfortunately, will end up injured. He lays it on the line every play and is not big enough to handle the impact through an entire season. Too bad , cause last year he showed moments of brilliance.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they're looking for a player to play Welker's position. They didn't have anyone do what he did before he got here, remember. I think they're looking for talented players, and they're perfectly capable of adjusting the offense to what they have.

Boyce has elite speed and good quickness. If he can keep up with the playbook, they'll find a way to use him.

I don't disagree with anything you've said. I think I'm saying the same thing from a different angle. I'm very happy that we will have a broader base on the offense.

Boyce is quick and athletic. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do when he "catches on"

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
110-120 passes went to Wes every year since...2007(?). The vast majority of those passes were indeed, in the slot.
Those same passes may still go to the slot, but it's up to 31 other defenses to figure out which WR will be there to make the catch.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edelman, unfortunately, will end up injured. He lays it on the line every play and is not big enough to handle the impact through an entire season. Too bad , cause last year he showed moments of brilliance.

I think with the combination of Amendola and Edelman we have a slot WR for 16 games. I don't think either will play all 16.