• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

sleeper app hostile takeover

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so i started up a super flex dynasty league on sleeper last year, and some time between the superbowl and today, i guess someone in the league whined to their support that I didn't renew the league for 2020 yet.

when I went in to set it up today I wasn't able to, so after reaching out to the other guys, one finally responded and said that they took the league over.

didn't even invite me to be in it, which is a total bitch move, imo

just wanted to rest of y'all to be aware, that if you are on that site, might be wise to have a buddy in the league with you to prevent being railroaded

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn dude that sucks...………..let me see if I can get you into the Way Too Long League and we can both get fucked over...……..seriously though, that does suck. Do you know any of them personally?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so i started up a super flex dynasty league on sleeper last year, and some time between the superbowl and today, i guess someone in the league whined to their support that I didn't renew the league for 2020 yet.

when I went in to set it up today I wasn't able to, so after reaching out to the other guys, one finally responded and said that they took the league over.

just wanted to rest of y'all to be aware, that if you are on that site, might be wise to have a buddy in the league with you to prevent being railroaded
WTH! Seems to me you could reach out to sleeper and get that changed. Maybe you would rather just be rid of the league with guys like that in it though. Seems like horseshit that sleeper didn’t contact you before turning your league over to someone else

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WTH! Seems to me you could reach out to sleeper and get that changed. Maybe you would rather just be rid of the league with guys like that in it though. Seems like horseshit that sleeper didn’t contact you before turning your league over to someone else

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeah, extremely weird. even if they were taking it over, i'm more shocked that they didn't at least give me the option to run my own team. I'm not that much of a control freak to insist that i'm the only one that can be commish.

@Sam Sportboy - nope, didn't know any of them personally, was just trying to play with a new app and new format (had never been in a 2QB or Super flex dynasty before).

the one guy that i chatted the most with said he didn't even realize it, cause once the season was over, he found a replacement for his team since it wasn't active enough on the trading front. Out of the trades that went down, there was really only 1 or 2 that I would consider "bad"deals, but a guy did overpay for Lev Bell, and I had 2 people complain to me about it.

I told them both the same thing - it wasn't collusion, and they can't predict the future as to who "won" the deal, so let them manage their own teams. Sneaky suspicion it was one of those guys that went behind my back to the site.

a different guy sent me a PM to tell me that they took the league over, then radio silence when I asked him why/what was going on.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, if I didn't have a banger of a team, I prob wouldn't have even thought twice about it.
2nd most pts scored last year but the scheduling gods hated me so I ended up in 8th with the 1.3 for this year's rookie draft

Watson/Wilson
Carson/Penny/Dam Williams/Darr Williams/Mack/Hines/Aaron Jones/Jam Williams
Hopkins/Kupp/Fitz/D Parker/NKeal/Crowder/Hollywood/JJAW/HakeemButler
Waller/Fant
Saints/49ers DST

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, if I didn't have a banger of a team, I prob wouldn't have even thought twice about it.
2nd most pts scored last year but the scheduling gods hated me so I ended up in 8th with the 1.3 for this year's rookie draft

Watson/Wilson
Carson/Penny/Dam Williams/Darr Williams/Mack/Hines/Aaron Jones/Jam Williams
Hopkins/Kupp/Fitz/D Parker/NKeal/Crowder/Hollywood/JJAW/HakeemButler
Waller/Fant
Saints/49ers DST
that team sucks ass, good ridance. :)

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is total BS the way they went about it. ..... sorry you had to get catch up in it - but at least it came early, rather than spending yrs building a team (although it looked to me you had a good start going). ...