• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

skins turned down a draft pick for cousins

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins answer isn't Cousins or RG3. I think the front office refused the 4th rd pick because they used a 4th on Cousins. They are hoping :hope: they get something better then a 4th but the way KC has played I am unsure who will pay it.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played like junk, should of dealt when there was false hype!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why they still think they can get more for him after he actually did start and just showed he is not a winning quarterback in this league. They bluffed for too long and now could be stuck with two quarterbacks with very low value.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno you realized he stunk, take the 4th back,......reinvest it

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why they still think they can get more for him after he actually did start and just showed he is not a winning quarterback in this league. They bluffed for too long and now could be stuck with two quarterbacks with very low value.

This... They are going to be stuck with that situation for a long time until they cut their losses. Nobody is going to give anything better than a 4th Rd pick for that guy. He could be turned into a serviceable qb, but he's never going to be a franchise qb. Solid backup at best

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This... They are going to be stuck with that situation for a long time until they cut their losses. Nobody is going to give anything better than a 4th Rd pick for that guy. He could be turned into a serviceable qb, but he's never going to be a franchise qb. Solid backup at best

Neither Cousins or RG3 is worth more than a 6 round pick a this moment. The 9ers might bite for KC as a back-up for that price.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3 was playing better ending the season... He seemed a little more comfortable... Skins would be smart to kinda hang in there and see if he comes around... They need as many draft picks as they can get though after giving away so much the last several years...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskins have no QB to turn to, so keep RG3 and hope with time he gets his mojo back.That's a better plan then getting some 4th round pick and going with Cousins IMO.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair this happened last off season and the Redskins really didn't know what they had yet. I'm sure they would take a 4th or probably a 6th now though if they got the chance.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree that Cousin is better than RG3. But I can see why some think he he...He's looked better at times, but the more you see, the less attractive he becomes. At the same time, I don't think either is the long term answer in WAS as the starter...they should've taken the 4th rounder to recoup some of the picks they lost in the RG3 deal.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair this happened last off season and the Redskins really didn't know what they had yet. I'm sure they would take a 4th or probably a 6th now though if they got the chance.

I have confidence that they will make the appropriate move heading into next season. Keep in mind that for possibly the first time since Snyder was the owner the Redskins have a legit GM running the show.

IMO - the price is less important than deciding which QBs you want to keep. A 7th round pick might be the right move for Cousins - who knows. In the end the future QB for the Skins may not be on the roster, and as a Skins fan I am alright with that so long as they address their other major areas of need. I feel extremely confident that they will with the newly revamped FO.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Kirk Cousins. He played 5 games last year. He was awful against the Giants and the Cards (the Cards "D" made a lot of guys look bad last year), but he looked really good against the Eagles and the Seahawks. He definitely has some talent but he needs to learn to protect the ball. Interceptions were his undoing last season. I've seen other talented young Quarterbacks have problems with turnovers when they were growing into the position (the Manning brothers for example). He doesn't have Griffin III's athletic ability but despite the turnovers I think he is more fundamentally sound than RG III. If I'm not mistaken this is the final year of Cousins' contract.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to each there own, i never saw it

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskins have no QB to turn to, so keep RG3 and hope with time he gets his mojo back.That's a better plan then getting some 4th round pick and going with Cousins IMO.
Skins need to hire a full-time shrink for RG III if he doesn't already have one. He's got the tools. His biggest problem I feel is between his ears. Well that and hid father. A little pyschological help and I go with him for another year or two.
Besides, we're talking about the Skins. They have time. I mean what's another couple years for that franchise to become relevant again?