• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Skins looking to trade down and take Michel or Guice?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Riggo's Rag

Rumors: Washington Redskins looking to trade down from No. 13 pick
f5f92179e4e3e4598e874fae3c7b723d
by Jacob Camenker1 h ago
The Washington Redskins are armed with a solid pick at No. 13 overall. However, the team is reportedly considering trading down to pick up some extra value.

Often in the NFL Draft, the most prudent strategy is to trade down. Picking up extra value on cheap, controlled rookie contract is the best way to add quality depth to any roster. That’s why it seems like the New England Patriots seem to trade down from their selection every year. To pick up more assets to add to their team.

This year, the Washington Redskins could end up being a good spot to trade down. They are picking at the No. 13 spot, and there could be a quarterback needy team that elects to trade up to get a passer. The Chiefs and the Texans both were able to do this last year, and the Bills were major beneficiaries from the move down in the Chiefs trade.

According to WalterFootball.com’s Charlie Campbell, there are rumors that the Redskins are in fact interested in trading down in this draft. In his NFL Hot Press, Campbell said the following of what moving down could do for the team.
The Redskins are keeping their draft options open. They would like to add more talent to the defensive line, and they like Alabama nose tackle Da’Ron Payne. On offense, Washington is in the market for a guard. It would also consider adding more talent at wide receiver, and would really like a feature running back. In the second round, the Redskins like a group of running backs including Sony Michel, Derrius Guice, Ronald Jones and Kerryon Johnson. They don’t believe that Michel or Guice will get to their second-rounder, but if they move down in the first round, they could have more ammunition to move around the draft board in the following rounds

If they do indeed like both Michel and Guice, moving down in Round 1 would be the right move. The No. 13 pick is too early to take any running back save for Saquon Barkley who looks like a sure-fire top three selection. So, if they really want to get one of those guys, moving down into the 20s to get Michel or Guice would make sense.

Some potential trade partners could include the New Orleans Saints and the Pittsburgh Steelers, as both teams could use a developmental quarterback behind their veteran starters. The Buffalo Bills could also try to move up from their two low-20s selections if they aren’t able to work their way into the top 10 for a quarterback.

In this analyst’s opinion, moving down would be the right move for the Redskins. If they could pick up the third round pick they lost in the Alex Smith trade, they could put themselves in position to fill all the major holes on their team. It’s also possible that they could move down and still try to get nose tackle Da’Ron Payne, who they happen to like a lot. Either way, they would be in position to land a quality player if they moved down in Round 1.

Next: Redskins meet with Maryland WR D.J. Moore
As time goes on, there will be more clarity about the team’s draft strategy. But early on, these rumors seem to make sense and could be a possibility for the team.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take it for what it's worth, but Campbell has led all sites in draft rumor accuracy three years running I believe.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
considering a trade down is a good thing in my opinion

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they get Brown re-signed and spent money in FA to get a nose, I'd be for it.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A trade down to the late teens would be a good thing. I guess it depends on the return and how the board shapes up. We need more picks of course. Vea might be there in the 17-19 range.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A trade down to the late teens would be a good thing. I guess it depends on the return and how the board shapes up. We need more picks of course. Vea might be there in the 17-19 range.

Tampa Bay just cut Chris Baker, Vea will be their pick at #7

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We want to trade down to get back some of what we lost in the AS trade.
i am going to call the smith trade the ASS trade , all star smith from now on . trading down if we can get some value back is ok with me but the snyderattos want us to trade up because mid to late round picks are worthless to them

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn’t bet on Vea being there when we pick at 13, much less 17-19. But I agree, stick to the board. If one of the 2 NTs or 2 LBs are still there, need to think about taking them. If not, try to shop the pick.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t bet on Vea being there when we pick at 13, much less 17-19. But I agree, stick to the board. If one of the 2 NTs or 2 LBs are still there, need to think about taking them. If not, try to shop the pick.
i agree with you stick to the board , and if a player we like isnt there or we can trade down and still get him for better value then do it .

and if a great player falls to us like allen did (say nelson in this case ) grab him

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Pittsburgh drafting model just stay put where ever you are