• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Simple put: What is Barnes' Upside

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earl the Pearl was strictly NBA. There's a great book re the ABA called Loose Balls. In short, the ABA was not another league but an entire different world.

When scouts and GMs take a look at Barnes it might be that they have a low opinion. I'm only assuming that they believe he has a nice upside. He has a very good stroke and a lot of lift. I think he does not know how to do things in an instinctive manner and just about everything he does do is way too deliberate. Re Faried he is undersized and that won't change. Not a lot of offense but incredible energy. Also, once Galinari returns, Faried's production and minutes go down. HB is young enough to eventually find a role and become (like I think you said) Richard Jefferson or maybe Trevor Ariza.

Well played, wasn't born until the 80's, so my NBA knowledge prior to that is lacking

:thumb:

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1980s! Do you know Ronald Reagan? If you're curious about the ABA - read that book. Highly entertaining as was the league in general. I saw the Pearl play for the Knicks. Had the best juke moves and I believe the first to do the dipsey-do (up and under).

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HB grades himself "harshly" , still a team player 1st, good signs.

You can't teach height, but you can't teach Character either.

HB could have made a big fuss about being the "next big thing" and refused to come off the bench, but atleast it looks like he's still saying the right things.

Love the fact that he's still putting the team First.

If its just a matter of confidence and reps, I would hope HB would be open to a D league stint, maybe for 3-5 days , or atleast 2 games to get those legs going again. Those 1 for 10 games aren't helping the team much.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think a trade w Denver for Faried makes sense. I might email Myers w this idea.

Please email him. Barnes needs a change, he's lost his way with this team. Faried is exactly the player we need off the bench.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bumping this for your Rayhl, so we don't have a dozen HB threads.

I believe HB hasn't hit his ceiling yet, but he may probably wont' reach it here. I still think a package deal with D.Lee to upgrade at the 4 probably is the logical choice.

Steph, Iguoldala, Bogut, and probably Klay aren't going anywhere. Lee's fat contract + HB for a beast probably is our best answer. I still want to keep D.Lee though, he has been our most consistent baller in the last 3-4 years.